The Most Confusing Motor Racing Event of All Time

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 267 comments
Endurance race with varying weather and multiple pit stops would be my dream
Mario will be just like Santa in making your dreams come true. Only if you've been a very good boy throughout the year though. 🎄

And also, any suggestions?
How's about This Track, I'm usually good there. 😀
(And maybe the Ferrari Challenge cars - the 458 and the 360
Or maybe the Renault Sport cars - the RS01 and the Megane)

Oh I'm also probably free for the 4th. Especially if it's the above track. 😉

Congratulations to Duarte for his win in the 24hr race.
I thought I'd get that out of the way beforehand. 😸

And a Merry Christmas to everyone and hopefully a Happy New Year.

@half_sourly nice if you can join! 👍

@IfAndOr , that's actualy a good idea, we will have the 2 Hours of Brno. January 4th, 8 PM (UK time). But I think you should be driving the 2nd class of cars, or else you'll smoke us all! ;)

@slthree , I'm glad you like this kind of races, hope you can make it into this event! 👍

Through "other channels" I was made aware that @Madbigdog , @GTP_RPREGO (acquisition of new pedals pending), @tal , raeggee and João (jmpa_prego_f) all are willing to enter. If all interested do show up to race we are therefore 9 entrants already, could be better but it is good enough to greenlight it.

I will tonight test cars and classes to reach a decision. Nothing against the Challenge Ferraris or Renaults but I'd really like a bit more "sportscars" vibe ... we'll see.

I'm going to do some testing tonight (long and no-stress "testing all kinds of cars" session, to start probably after 21.30 and running until 24:00), any company that might be available please join up, its more fun than muttering alone like an old tramp :D

After I reach a decision about cars (2 classes as always, there's no enduro without slower traffic) I will open a dedicated post just for the event (and sorry Zolon for using this one thus far)

Last edited:
@Napalm_LT does this mean you are suggesting either 6th or 7th January? No problem for me, I can put that to others' consideration. If it's friday we can't do it before 8 PM, if it's saturday we can do it sooner than that.

Meanwhile I found this ... gives me ideas

Last edited:
Ok, I'll open a thread even before the date is set so to not hijack this one more than needed

Last edited:
The weekend is likely to be better for me too, but I'm not sure I can commit (for any of those dates) until closer to the time. I am interested though and will try to make it.

6th or 7th are good for me. Even if we will start a bit latter.
Ah yes there's Napalm. I could do Friday. Or perhaps even running it an hour earlier on the 4th might help.

Yes there's the 2 and a half hours of Brno.
Sorry but I need to get up 5:30 next day.
I don’t see any problem you will stay on 5th. It was just a suggestion to move to weekend. We will race some day anyway.

I've tried out a few laps around Willow in both cars and they are quite fun. The Renault I knew but the Merc was a surprise in fact.

It's very rattly with my G29 around there though, in most cars. I'll certainly need to mute my mic! Another excuse to get a new wheel. Although I did try both cars in PC3 and they must have relaid the tarmac because it's very smooth in that game and to me actually feels better.

And importantly are we racing this coming Monday? I've lost track. I think Mario and others were away maybe...
I (or Zo) can perhaps run something instead if we're postponing for a week.

And importantly are we racing this coming Monday?
The schedule for the series does say that we do Willow Springs tonight, but I would rather push it back a week to let those who can't get on this evening to come. However, the only person who expressed a view was, I believe, Sean, who said that he'd prefer to stick to the schedule.

My plan, if we are to knock the Championship back a week, is to run:

Three 15 minute races at Mojave Boa Ascent, first with the Ginetta G40 Junior, then the Ford RS1600 Racing, and finally the Nissan Z280 from VGTA. They're all very easy to thrash, and should give us close racing.

Then, on to Brands Hatch GP, same cars again, but with five minutes practice, followed by ten minute races (random grids all night).

I think it'd be fun, but I don't want to mess with the schedule without people specifically expressing a desire that we should do so...

@half_sourly @richroo @IfAndOr @Hun200kmh @tal @Madbigdog @Don Mejillone @Oldbass47 @Napalm_LT @slthree

I'm up for ^

The BMW 2002 Stanceworks is good at Boa Ascent. We tried that out last week. 😀
(Somebody wouldn't know because he wasn't there 😉)

The BMW 2002 Stanceworks is good at Boa Ascent.
To be fair, I love just about anything around Boa Ascent. I plumped for the GinForNis group because each of them is a doddle to drive, which will hopefully promote closeisity of racing. But I do like the Stanceworks.

Signups:

Paul.
Hartur.
Half.
Don.
Reaggee.
Rich.
Duarte (Possible wildcard)
Mario (occasionally)
OldBass.
Zo.

It's a shame... but for me (for the moment) it will be as well occasionally that I can participate, some times I have to work on monday evenings and I can't participate.
I am working to get the monday night always free but for the moment it isn't possible....
If I don't have to work I'm there to race!

Greetz Don and wish you all a super 2023 !!

Wonderful, didn't know you guys race together since such a long time ago.

Sadly my usual "gang" all but disappeared from GTPlanet and the few remaining are scattered each racing in their own leagues, games and even different platforms.

Here's my own blast from the past, using the features of track creation and my old group's first attempts at endurance racing featuring 2 driver teams (each car was represented twice and the race worked as a "relay" race. By the end of 1st lap all 2nd drivers headed for the pits and waited there until each's team equal car (and team mate) pitted. A few relays more and that's race end.

Btw, my team mate (GTP_Synwraith) and I (GTP_Hun) in the Z Nissans won that race :D

Back