The Nerf and Super Soaker Thread

Discussion in 'The Rumble Strip' started by Sonygamer455, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

A similar inspiration to SVX's 1/64 Model Collectors Thread, this thread is pretty much the place you can share and discuss Nerf and Super Soaker blasters and anything relating to the topic. Of course you are not limited to just those Nerf and Super Soaker, it can be other brands too.

(I am sure their is more I could say, but I can't think of anything else. So this post is subject to change in the future)

Anyways, happy collecting! :)

2. AOS-

AOS- Premium

I remember having my first water gun and playing with that back in 98. I was amused by how far the water shot the more I pumped that thing. Took it to the beach, got sand stuck in moving parts, nozzle leak developed (probably from exceeding pressure threshold for prolonged period of time). Stopped playing with it, later threw it out, realized what a waste of plastic that became.

I'm so glad I grew out of that quick.

3. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

Me, my siblings and my cousins used to have water gun fights back in 2002 (and I think even in 2003 and 2004) and it was fun. I would have gotten into water guns a lot more, but sadly water gun fights didn't happen very often and the fact we would pretty much only be able to have them in the summer didn't help either. So it never really took off for me sadly, however I do have two Super Soakers I modified to shoot Nerf darts and they are pretty darn good. Other than that, I nowadays don't have much use for water guns anymore sadly, as far as their intended purpose goes.

Nerf blasters however is a totally different story for me.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  4. Gerarghini

Gerarghini

Recently, the house I was in for college had a situation where everyone was armed with a nerf gun (y’know, whenever someone is taking a little bit too long in the fridge).

I had the big ol’ Raider CS-35 with the huge drum mag. I found you can rapid fire by holding the trigger and just pumping it as fast as you can provided the darts don’t get stuck in the operating mechanism.

Otherwise, my family has a bunch of nerf guns we don’t even use anymore :(

Sonygamer455 likes this.
  5. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

I'm jealous, I haven't been in a good Nerf war in years. I used to do them all the time with my cousins, but sadly they have moved elsewhere and none of them have the time anymore. :(
    Yep they call it "slam fire". The Raider was among one of the first to utilize this and later blasters started using it afterwards.

I got it shortly after it was first released and it's a pretty good blaster, especially with the 35 dart drum. It also has one of the best stocks ever made in my opinion. It does jam a lot with streamline darts, but if you use elite darts it tends to work better. (For me anyhow)
    If you ever dig them up, feel free to share them here! I love seeing everyone's collection!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  6. Exorcet

Exorcet

They weren't necessarily just a pointless fad. Apparently there are Super Soaker collectors now (or were a few years ago when I looked into this) and they might be willing to give you a few hundred dollars for a well kept soaker.

I still have my Monster XL, though it's probably covered in dust in an attic somewhere. I think they've sold for over $300 if I'm remembering correctly. The CPS 2000 (?), the backpack soaker, is worth even more I think.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  7. Beeblebrox237

Beeblebrox237 Premium

Huh, I might have a couple water guns and a couple of water bags (Super Soaker accessories for carrying extra ammo) in my parents' garage. Might have to see if they're in tolerable condition.

I've still got my Nerf Maverick revolver, and I used to keep it at my desk at work for quiet days. I also used the workshop there to remove the little plastic "restrictors" and add some spacers behind the spring, which gave a noticeable, if fairly moderate, improvement in power.

8. photonrider

photonrider Premium

I have twin TRIAD EX-3's tucked into my waistband when I'm gardening. I actually bought them for myself.
    It's me versus the chipmunks, though at the moment they seem to be treating it as a game - which is rather humiliating.

There's a huge box of Nerf blasters stowed away in a box at home - left overs from my kids who have moved on, or who are still with me but aren't remotely interested in them at all now. I know for sure theres an N-Strike Elite gatling gun in there - drum and all. That thing would rain darts. Shrieking fun.

When it comes to NERF - we actually have official NERF wars here in the city - usually played out at a school when the schools are closed for the vacations. Serious business actually - trading, modding, the works.

There's a whole bunch of super-soakers, too, in that box, and - with all the Nerf guns - destined for a second-hand shop or some neighbour's kids.

I won't part with my EX-3s though.

9. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows (Banned)

Gives new meaning to the term 'arms development' no?

10. photonrider

photonrider Premium

And legs, too. There's a lot of running around and running way, and generally running for no reason at all.
    The fact they all live to tell the tale just adds to the god-like immortality.

I have to admit there is occasionally proud sporting of bruises at the end of the day. :dopey:

11. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

I have a Rapidstrike lying around for rainy days. It’s fun to set some cups up and pray the darts actually hit. (It kinda looks like an M41 Pulse Rifle from Aliens so I love it for that too.)

Hey, it’s fun to say I have the “assault rifle” one rather than the cheaper spring blasters, although those would be a much more cost effective alternative.

I’ve seen some videos online of HvZ at universities and colleges. It sucks that there isn’t anything like that around here because it looks like so much fun.

12. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

Air restrictor removal, penny mods, people have done those mods to Maverick for years now. As far performance mods go, you really can't do much to improve the Maverick due to it's reverse plunger design.

Of course, I never really liked the Maverick all that much anyway.
    Quite a bang for the buck isn't it? I have the blue and the white versions. It's actually pretty darn powerful not just for it's value, but in general really and you wouldn't think so just judging by it's size. I've had a few like that in my time.
    It's either the Rampage or Raider. The Raider isn't an Elite blaster, but it has a similar color scheme and one could easily confuse it.
    The Rapidstrike is pretty good and I heard it's awesome when modified. The new Hyperfire is even better. (I have both) Funny enough, I set up cans and shot them in my front yard just recently.
    Sounds to me like you have joined the "Flywheel Masterrace". :sly: Springers can be better for the cost, but they do have some that cost more than typical flywheel blasters. Like the upcoming Rival Hades for instance, it's going to be $70 when it comes out!

I prefer springers most of the time, but flywheel blasters have grown on me and now that I am learning to mod them, my interest is soaring.
    It does look like fun, I too wish they had them around here since my cousins are never around anymore. I never actually been to real war before, all of mine are pretty much just me and my friends gathering to shoot each other.