The new g29 wheel

• Thread starter mphile77
  • 23 comments

mphile77

Premium
United States
United States
mphile77
I got my g29 yesterday and so far so good! My t-300 was good but then it broke after 5 months of service??? The t-300 is in canada being fixed as i speak, so i hope to have 2 good wheels! G29 pedals are better and its way less glitchy then the t-300. The t-300 feels it was built tough but that wasnt the case for me, but i do think the wheel feel is better on the t-300, the g29 wheel is not as nice(referring to grip). The ffb is better on t-300 its stronger then g29. So i hope to have good luck with g29 and more updates down the road. If i was to recommend one i would say g29, but this could all change with time. Let me know what you guys think and would love to hear some of your thoughts and reviews going forward!! Also please post your wheel setting as you find what feels good!! Thanks for reading...

Here's a picture for anyone wanting another look and to use for any questions.
logitech-g29-1.jpg

Ok i have got my t300 back from repair via thrustmaster. After having the g29 now for a little i got a good feel for it. I put my t300 back in the rig this morning and man i didnt realize how much i missed this wheel. More strength(ffb) wheel has better feel, and just feels like a tank. My g29 is good but its a different animal. I recomend both but i think t300 has the edge uptop(wheel and wheel base). The g29 has the edge down below(pedals are awsome)

Ok so the t300 went wacky again??? Wont auto calibrate and spins wildly. This is the same issue i had the first time it broke, i quickly unplugges the wheel before damage could set in. I have re installed the g29 back in my rig and another great point i have to say is its not glitchy like t300. I will be contacting junkmaster about the crap they sell, bummer!

Ok so the t300 went wacky again??? Wont auto calibrate and spins wildly. This is the same issue i had the first time it broke, i quickly unplugges the wheel before damage could set in. I have re installed the g29 back in my rig and another great point i have to say is its not glitchy like t300. I will be contacting junkmaster about the crap they sell, bummer!

Not good man . Hopefully it's not broken and just calibration . At least you have the G29 though .

Any update on your T300, still borked out? Does the G29's gears rattle as well (like the G27)?

Yeah t300 is going to be replaced for 3rd time with a new unit they say. Since then i have purchased a t500 used off ebay and i love it! Wish i would have got this wheel from the start. Dont get me wrong g29 is good but feels like a tinker toy compared to the t500&t300. Yes g29 does clunk and rattle like the old ones. I play pcars a lot and with 3 wheels now. The most problems land to the t300 for some reason? The game and t300 are glitchy together?

Yeah t300 is going to be replaced for 3rd time with a new unit they say. Since then i have purchased a t500 used off ebay and i love it! Wish i would have got this wheel from the start. Dont get me wrong g29 is good but feels like a tinker toy compared to the t500&t300. Yes g29 does clunk and rattle like the old ones. I play pcars a lot and with 3 wheels now. The most problems land to the t300 for some reason? The game and t300 are glitchy together?
Now how do you find the t500 vs the t300 in terms of smoothness, as I've read the latter is smoother, while the former feels like it has more dampening.

They both feel real close to each other. T500 better pedals for sure! But to t300 more compatible With ps4, but problematic with Glitches. T500 requires you to use controller to navigate theough some stuff, but you get used to it quick.

Hello, I just brought G29 home but it seems that it does not work on PS4. Both in Project CARS and in Driveclub, steering in game is stuck to the left and there is no force feedback, even after calibrating. Pedals are responding correctly though. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Hey everyone. I'm looking at buying a G29 and I'm wondering if it has different wheel turning settings like the T300RS?

Hello, I just brought G29 home but it seems that it does not work on PS4. Both in Project CARS and in Driveclub, steering in game is stuck to the left and there is no force feedback, even after calibrating. Pedals are responding correctly though. Do you have any idea how to fix this?
Is wheel plugged in before you turn on ps4?

Is wheel plugged in before you turn on ps4?
Yeah, both power supply and console. However what I thought, this almost looks like an issue with power supply as I could calibrate the wheel in PCars correctly, but it seems like there is not enough juice to power it under pressure.

Yeah, both power supply and console. However what I thought, this almost looks like an issue with power supply as I could calibrate the wheel in PCars correctly, but it seems like there is not enough juice to power it under pressure.
Any luck yet?

Back