The new g29 wheel

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by mphile77, Jul 16, 2015.

1. mphile77

mphile77 Premium

I got my g29 yesterday and so far so good! My t-300 was good but then it broke after 5 months of service??? The t-300 is in canada being fixed as i speak, so i hope to have 2 good wheels! G29 pedals are better and its way less glitchy then the t-300. The t-300 feels it was built tough but that wasnt the case for me, but i do think the wheel feel is better on the t-300, the g29 wheel is not as nice(referring to grip). The ffb is better on t-300 its stronger then g29. So i hope to have good luck with g29 and more updates down the road. If i was to recommend one i would say g29, but this could all change with time. Let me know what you guys think and would love to hear some of your thoughts and reviews going forward!! Also please post your wheel setting as you find what feels good!! Thanks for reading...

Rickrmtskingdom and MannYhAvitZ like this.
  2. psychoazubi

psychoazubi

mphile77 likes this.
  3. mphile77

mphile77 Premium

Cool thanks, i will copy a link over there!

4. MRTeam

MRTeam

Here's a picture for anyone wanting another look and to use for any questions.
    logitech-g29-1.jpg

5. MRTeam

MRTeam

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  6. mphile77

mphile77 Premium

Ok i have got my t300 back from repair via thrustmaster. After having the g29 now for a little i got a good feel for it. I put my t300 back in the rig this morning and man i didnt realize how much i missed this wheel. More strength(ffb) wheel has better feel, and just feels like a tank. My g29 is good but its a different animal. I recomend both but i think t300 has the edge uptop(wheel and wheel base). The g29 has the edge down below(pedals are awsome)

7. skazz

skazz

You could always grab this: http://www.ricmotech.com/product_p/rmt-t500w2g27p.htm and use your G29 pedals with your T300.

[Edit for clarity: ISR put out a video yesterday demonstrating that the G29 pedals also work perfectly with this adapter, even though it only states G25/G27]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    super_gt and mphile77 like this.
  8. mphile77

mphile77 Premium

Ok so the t300 went wacky again??? Wont auto calibrate and spins wildly. This is the same issue i had the first time it broke, i quickly unplugges the wheel before damage could set in. I have re installed the g29 back in my rig and another great point i have to say is its not glitchy like t300. I will be contacting junkmaster about the crap they sell, bummer!

9. DocHollid4y

DocHollid4y

i would get rid of all the TM drivers completely and reinstall before i would condem the wheel if its the same issue....just a thought...good luck

Spooky Wooky and mphile77 like this.
  10. TJC_69

TJC_69

Not good man . Hopefully it's not broken and just calibration . At least you have the G29 though .

mphile77 likes this.
  11. sherpa25

sherpa25

Any update on your T300, still borked out? Does the G29's gears rattle as well (like the G27)?

12. mphile77

mphile77 Premium

Yeah t300 is going to be replaced for 3rd time with a new unit they say. Since then i have purchased a t500 used off ebay and i love it! Wish i would have got this wheel from the start. Dont get me wrong g29 is good but feels like a tinker toy compared to the t500&t300. Yes g29 does clunk and rattle like the old ones. I play pcars a lot and with 3 wheels now. The most problems land to the t300 for some reason? The game and t300 are glitchy together?

13. sherpa25

sherpa25

Now how do you find the t500 vs the t300 in terms of smoothness, as I've read the latter is smoother, while the former feels like it has more dampening.

14. mphile77

mphile77 Premium

They both feel real close to each other. T500 better pedals for sure! But to t300 more compatible With ps4, but problematic with Glitches. T500 requires you to use controller to navigate theough some stuff, but you get used to it quick.

MRTeam likes this.
  15. Maggor

Maggor

Hello, I just brought G29 home but it seems that it does not work on PS4. Both in Project CARS and in Driveclub, steering in game is stuck to the left and there is no force feedback, even after calibrating. Pedals are responding correctly though. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

16. mphile77

mphile77 Premium

Look on the top of the center hub of the wheel. There is a ps3/ps4 switch. Hope this helps?

17. Maggor

Maggor

Checked, PS4 is switched and is blinking green, however no change.

18. E46 M3 Man

E46 M3 Man

Hey everyone. I'm looking at buying a G29 and I'm wondering if it has different wheel turning settings like the T300RS?

19. mphile77

mphile77 Premium

No it doesn't

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    MRTeam likes this.
  20. mphile77

mphile77 Premium

Is wheel plugged in before you turn on ps4?

21. Maggor

Maggor

Yeah, both power supply and console. However what I thought, this almost looks like an issue with power supply as I could calibrate the wheel in PCars correctly, but it seems like there is not enough juice to power it under pressure.

22. E46 M3 Man

E46 M3 Man

Okay, thanks.

23. mphile77

mphile77 Premium

Any luck yet?

24. Maggor

Maggor

Yeah, there was a little piece of dirt sticked to the conductor, after cleaning, it work. :) Glad that it wasn't bigger issues.

mphile77 likes this.