• Thrustmaster T300RS

Votes: 202 69.9%
  • Logitech G29

Votes: 87 30.1%

• Total voters
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Lanius1984
With the announcement that Logitech are bringing the new G29 out in July, and the fact that this is priced exactly the same as the Thrustmaster T300. I need to decide which to go for.

These are my thoughts so far:
- The Thrustmaster is out of stock everywhere in the UK, so delivery times are 1-2 months. Therefore, both of these wheels will probably be available around the same time.
- I had a Logitech DFGT for PS3, I am pissed off at Logitech as I believe they have held off legacy support to milk money from the G29... I don't believe in brand loyalty, so would actually switch for the right reasons.
- Looking at reviews of the T300, it seems most people feel that it is a step up from the old G27 in terms of performance and quality (pedals aside)... it seems that the G29 has the same core construction inside as the G27...
With that in mind, is it likely that the T300 will be technically the better wheel?
- I have also seen some users complain about reliability on the T300 though. How do these companies compare on that front, and which offers a safer bet to put £300 on?

I don't necessarily intend to get a separate shifter, so I don't really care about the pedals and additional options. The core unit and force feedback performance are my main concern, and following that I think reliability is important at this price point in particular.

Can anyone offer any advice? I appreciate that nobody has used a G29 as yet, so a lot of the feedback may be in comparison to the G27, that's fine if we are assuming it's mechanically similar to the G29 (unless I'm wrong here?)

I'd just order a T300 and wait a few months. Hell, you could get a T100 to bridge the gap and get rid of it when the T300 becomes available again, and it will cost exactly the same (initially) as a G29...

You can probably find a T300 in another country and get it shipped over, I got mine from Holland and it took about a week.

T300:
- i had DFGT, i won't give money to logitech anymore in mylife (no support, no info, no hints, now no legacy support and a new uber expensive wheel with old tech.. and than what? again a new wheel for ps5?)
- in italy is 120€ cheaper than g29
- better tech + wheel add-ons (including f1 rims with a lot of buttons) and better looking
- way better than older logitech wheels (which probably are the same of g29)
- customer services is good, surely undergo replacement is time consuming but effective. they answer fastly and you surely encounter them cause are all faulty, also mine is.

You can probably find a T300 in another country and get it shipped over, I got mine from Holland and it took about a week.

Thanks for the advice. I'm certainly willing to wait to be honest, I'd rather get the right wheel, from a UK based supplier just in case I have any problems. Time isn't the factor, purely the quality and reliability.

You say your not bothered about rubbish pedals but you may change your mind.

A decent set of pedals will improve lap times more than the wheel imho.

You say your not bothered about rubbish pedals but you may change your mind.

A decent set of pedals will improve lap times more than the wheel imho.

I think I'm coming more from the angle that I was fine with my DFGT pedals, and from what I gather the T300 pedals are similar, if not a little better.
I don't need a clutch pedal for example, so although a good feel would be nice, they just aren't my priority.

Lastly, lap time is not a huge priority either, its purely an immersion thing. I'm actually pretty quick with a pad as it is, I just want to have the feel of the force feedback and precision of a wheel.

Appreciate the feedback though - I hadn't really considered the impact of the pedal set... do the T300's set get the job done?

I think I'm coming more from the angle that I was fine with my DFGT pedals, and from what I gather the T300 pedals are similar, if not a little better.
I don't need a clutch pedal for example, so although a good feel would be nice, they just aren't my priority.

Lastly, lap time is not a huge priority either, its purely an immersion thing. I'm actually pretty quick with a pad as it is, I just want to have the feel of the force feedback and precision of a wheel.

Appreciate the feedback though - I hadn't really considered the impact of the pedal set... do the T300's set get the job done?
i had dfgt and t300 standard pedals are better, expecially brake. nothing to complain about. from dfgt is a huge step everywhere.. off course wheels have to be supported properly in the game... defautl settings usualy sucks.

I upgraded to a T300 (and shifter 'cos I couldn't be without a sequential shifter) from a DFGT as soon as I preordered the PCars and found there's light years difference in the wheels ..... The brake pedal is an improvement on the standard DFGT pedals, but I'd done the squashball 'mod' on the DFGT brake so it's a bit of a step back from that .... however, as my plan was always to upgrade my pedals to the T3PA-PRO (when they're back in stock) so I can use the shifter in H pattern mode, it's not an issue :)

I owned a G27 for 3 years and couldn't have been happier with it. Never a problem, always smooth, and the pedals were excellent. I have had a T300 for a month. The wheel motors and FFB are smoother and stronger with adjustments to your liking. The pedals are adequate but not great. I had to sell my G27 to help pay for the Thrustmaster so I don't have those pedals to try. You can cheap mod the pedals DIY to eliminate the dead zone and do quite well

Thanks for the feedback so far. It looks as though the T300 is going to be the way to go...
Has anyone had any reliability issues with this wheel? I noticed there were a selection of reviews from users on Amazon UK that have have faults and needed RMA's.

Did this really require a poll? It's pretty clear what the right choice is. T300 uses new tech while the G29 is using tech from 10 years ago.

Thanks for the feedback so far. It looks as though the T300 is going to be the way to go...
Has anyone had any reliability issues with this wheel? I noticed there were a selection of reviews from users on Amazon UK that have have faults and needed RMA's.

i have reliability problems, minor issue. Every let's say 40-50 hours of gameplay i have random button presses from the wheel which puts the game into pause and then photomode. It's a common issue and many others here have the same problem even if it is very difficult to notice and it's a real problem only if it happens during online gameplay. However i will change my wheel before warranty expires.

Other major issues are faulty wheel base (immediate substitution) and faulty pedals ( very very very common).
However everything can be monitored through the pc and (expect for my issue of button presses) you have immediate evidence of it and you can ask for a substitution. i recommend you to buy it from amazon so you can change it immediately without passing through thrustmaster.

Did this really require a poll? It's pretty clear what the right choice is. T300 uses new tech while the G29 is using tech from 10 years ago.
old tech is reliable, maybe if you don't want to bother in future with refunds, warranties, replacement and so on.. also g29 could be a choice otherwise t300 is a no brain choice.

You can also go with an old fanatec gt2 but i'm not sure how it will be supported by other incoming games like f12015 or older like driveclub

I just bought the T300 yesterday. First ever wheel of any kind so no experience with wheels, but boy it was awesome. Aside from the fact that I was super slow with the wheel, much slower than the pad for a long time lol.

I wasn't expecting such a one-sided response to be fair. I thought Logitech had the better reputation.
As for the Poll, and the thread itself, it may be clear to you, but it wasn't to me. I don't have a great deal of experience of wheels, so getting the opinion of others has been really useful (including yours, despite the tone! ;))

I wasn't expecting such a one-sided response to be fair. I thought Logitech had the better reputation.
As for the Poll, and the thread itself, it may be clear to you, but it wasn't to me. I don't have a great deal of experience of wheels, so getting the opinion of others has been really useful (including yours, despite the tone! ;))

To be fair it would be a decent debate if the G29 was a fair price. It's clearly WAY overpriced. I think the results of the poll speak for themselves. ;)

Now to wait 1-2 months for stock :(

It'll be worth the wait mate 👍 I got the T300RS after about three years use of a DFGT and the quality of construction, looks, feel of FFB and quietness is miles ahead of the Logitech.
The standard pedals of the TM are better than the DF's, but not perfect. I didn't have any issues with dead spots or calibration in the first month of use, but can't say if longevity is good for them as I've upgraded to the T3PA's which are better still. I will ultimately further upgrade to the T3PA PRO set when TM have them back in stock.
Ultimately, the T300 is the most recent tech (brushless motor, belt drive etc) which the Logitech doesn't have. OK, the G wheels are what people call "proven technology" with their helical cut gears, steel bearings etc etc, but at the end of the day, would you be happy to part with your hard earned for what effectively is a 10 year old design in a new suit ?
The G25~27 and DFGT are both noisier and some say, notchy feeling in comparison with the TM's (backlash in the gears ?) and only last night in a friends lobby, the point was raised that there's a total lack of 'sawing' noises from the TM wheels over what we used to get on GT6 on the PS3 when DFGT's, G25~27's !

and only last night in a friends lobby, the point was raised that there's a total lack of 'sawing' noises from the TM wheels over what we used to get on GT6 on the PS3 when DFGT's, G25~27's !

My friends described the noise my DFGT made over my mike as sounding like I was constantly pulling a zip up and down, barely used to notice it until they pointed it out :lol:

I am genuinely curious as to why Fanatec's offerings aren't within the poll.

Brand new from Fanatec:

329.95 EU - Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel -
99.95 EU - CSR Pedals

Import taxes and shipping that much a deterrent?

I upgraded from my G27 to a T300 and it is an upgraded wheel. The T300 is more powerful and quieter. The only appeal of the g29, to me, is customer service and it could be more reliable since its essentially a G27 all snazzied up (from what I've read). Yes, the T300s pedals are crap but you can pick up a ricmotech adapter for 20$, which is what I opted to do.
Then when it comes to gear shifts, neither comes with one. In all honesty, spend a bit more and just buy a TH8A. I don't know if they will be compatible on consoles with a g29, but the TH8A is a serious piece. Plus, it's an H shifter and sequential. I read the Logitech shifter will be 50-60$. I'd say steak over hamburger, but you're a smart puppy, choose what works for you.
So, the T300 is a great wheel and a heavy weight performer. The g29, should be, a great wheel with proven reality for that added piece of mind.

To conclude. Should you buy the T300 or the g29? Yes, yes you should. They are both basically the same price and neither are perfect. But both will allow you to play the ONLY way a SIM racer should be experienced, with a wheel.

Logitech all the way, because of the terrible customer support I have had with my broken t300rs.
Two weeks since I tried to contact them through email, phone and Facebook!

If your on PS4 i'd forget about the T300 with this game :lol:

Why? I just bought one yesterday :lol:

Haven't had a chance to go home yet to try with new patch. But then again my reference from pre 1.04 to 1.04 will be skewed because I was told I calibrated it wrong last night lol.

IMO the best options would be:

1) Move to PC.

OR

2) T300 + Ricmotech adapter (ricmotech.com/product_p/rmt-t500w2g27p.htm) to continue using your G25/G27 pedals.

Unless you are a first time wheel buyer I wouldn't even consider the G29. It's overpriced for what is essentially an outdated package, minus shifter :crazy:

Last edited:
Back