The New King of Racers? FM4

JoeMaPampang

(Banned)
news_forza_4_and_its_bonus_cars-11114.jpg

FIRST OFFICIAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!!!
http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/06/07/e3-2011-forza-4-mclaren-gameplay-off-screen?objectid=77615

Dan Going in debt about Forza 4 and all its features link below.
Includes some awesome new ingame footage (lighting looks awesome!!)
http://media.ch9.ms/ch9/b5b1/73fcc90a-0631-406c-958c-9efa0119b5b1/Forza4DanG_2MB_ch9.wmv

Forza Motorsport 4 Game Info

Content
- 80 Manufacturers including Ruf and Porsche.
- 500 Cars at launch.
- 10 Cars a month through DLC.
- Autovista mode has 10 hours of content by itself to explore and partake in.
- World Tour mode.
- Top Gear content and track.
- New Pirelli partnership.

Gameplay
- 16 cars on track at a time racing.
-Live telemetry

Graphics
- 60 FPS.
- Every Vehicle has been re-rendered.
- Over 1 million polygons per car.
- New Lighting system

Physics
- Complete overhaul of tire dynamics. (Pirelli partnership)

Features
- Autovista (Kinect controllable photomode.)
- Car Clubs
- Rivals Mode (Compete against friends whether they are online or not.)
- Head Tracking using Kinect.
- World Tour Mode Campaign.
- Customizable Instrument Display Modes.

Other
- Ability to import profiles and liveries from Forza 3.
- The game's menus can be navigated using gestures or voice.
- All cars and tracks have equal graphical fidelity.
- In Autovista mode every car has a soliloquy by Jeremy Clarkson.
forza-motorsport-4-20110605072418670.jpg

forza-motorsport-4-20110605072416608.jpg

forza-motorsport-4-20110605072358296.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-15877-2069_0008.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-15877-2069_0009.jpg
image_forza_motorsport_4-15877-2069_0006.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-15877-2069_0004.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-15877-2069_0002.jpg

forza-motorsport-4-20110605072408280.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-15877-2069_0001.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-15877-2069_0003.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-15877-2069_0007.jpg

image_forza_motorsport_4-15877-2069_0005.jpg

xlarge_forza-motorsport-4-013.jpg

27979663.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't like the tone of the thread, I will still enjoy GT5 for what it is, a different spin on the racing genre..

That is all.

I would not say bye bye GT5... Even though GT is not perfect, it feels completely different. You can feel the passion when you drive the Nordschleife...

I wish PD and T10 could build a game together :) The passion from PD (details) and the business model from T10 (more focus on EU/US cars and tracks, more focus on important brands and cars and not 90 skylines).

I will own both games so there is no fanboyism on my side...

You guys are both right. I own both games so i have some reasons for my choice of words.
I dont want too make it swirl into a flame war. Lets just discuss this awesome game.:)👍

Cool, and there is a lot to talk about,

The Channel9 interview with Dan G, http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/InsideXbox/E3-Forza-4-interview-with-Dan-Greenawalt is interesting..

- Movie industry people helped in the lighting engine
- New tyre physics use actual data from pirelli to determine what the tyres are doing rather then some normal algorithmic 'model'

The IGN off screen videos of the E3 demo show 12 cars in offline mode (Up from 8), we know 16 cars will be available in online modes.

Cool, and there is a lot to talk about,

The Channel9 interview with Dan G, http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/InsideXbox/E3-Forza-4-interview-with-Dan-Greenawalt is interesting..

- Movie industry people helped in the lighting engine
- New tyre physics use actual data from pirelli to determine what the tyres are doing rather then some normal algorithmic 'model'

The IGN off screen videos of the E3 demo show 12 cars in offline mode (Up from 8), we know 16 cars will be available in online modes.

Yes i posted the downloadlink below the youtubes
http://media.ch9.ms/ch9/b5b1/73fcc90a-0631-406c-958c-9efa0119b5b1/Forza4DanG_2MB_ch9.wmv

I am amazed on how good the ingame lighting is now in this video. Really steps it up, the Pirelli partnership is a very wise choice of T10. I cant wait too test the new tyremodel.

Ps: Confirmed
Pagani-Zonda_Cinque_Roadster_2010_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

2011-porsche-ruf-rgt-8-2.jpg

gp5x_white.jpg

Last edited:
Gee, what is it with some of you.

How bored do we have to get of this VS crap and if you like each or whatever game better then have yourself a cookie but really it sickens me as everywhere you go that's all we see.

MODS PLEASE, PLEASE CAN WE HAVE A THREAD THAT DOES NOT GO THE SAME WAY AS OTHERS.

I have a question for you guys. I wanted to play FM3, but have yet to buy an xbox. Now that FM4 is coming out, I might once again try to get the 360, but one thing that I've always been worried about is the wheel. I currently have a G25 that I use for GT5, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work with the 360. Are their any comparable wheels that will work with both consoles or am I going to have to have two different setups?

old picture:
GT501.jpg

I have a question for you guys. I wanted to play FM3, but have yet to buy an xbox. Now that FM4 is coming out, I might once again try to get the 360, but one thing that I've always been worried about is the wheel. I currently have a G25 that I use for GT5, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work with the 360. Are their any comparable wheels that will work with both consoles or am I going to have to have two different setups?

http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=2302&lang=en

old picture:
GT501.jpg

That looks just like my setup... only my screen is a little bigger :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the Fanatec option, are their any others?

Hah, have any pics?

Im just kidding :dopey:... do you really think that anyone has a bigger screen than that???

And if you want to have a setup that you can use for both consoles than the only option is the fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel

Im just kidding ... do you really think that anyone has a bigger screen than that???

And if you want to have a setup that you can use for both consoles than the only option is the fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel

:lol, well I am on the avsforums all the time, so.... you never know! :D

and damn.

Im just kidding :dopey:... do you really think that anyone has a bigger screen than that???

Maybe not the only option......... muhahahaha

Fanatec currently sells the GT2 wheel, which is compatible with PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. It goes for $250 USD and includes an adapter that lets you use your existing G25 pedals. You'd just need to add another $30 if you wanted the Fanatec stick shifters. The ClubSport pedals are optional, but really nice.

Fanatec is also set to unveil a new elite multi-platform wheel sometime later this year, or possibly early next year if there are any delays. It looks pretty sweet. More info in this thread.

old picture:
GT501.jpg

One word... NICE!👍

interesting, it doesnt look to have all the bells and whistles of the gt2 or pwts. heres hoping its a 900 degree entry level wheel so all the people that cry about "no dfgt equivilant" on the xbox can be happy.

A Forza-Branded Wheel? Interesting... To say the least. I'm still in need of one, the original MS Wheel seems like rubbish and the Fanatecs are too expensive for my taste. Gonna keep an eye on this one.

old picture:
GT501.jpg
As long as you can back that up with an additional picture of your hot wife/gf I will be officially jealous.
Until then, I will just continue to tell myself that one man can NOT have it all...
:sly:

If Forza lives up to this pre release stuff and can just feel a little more "in control" like GT then it has the game won.
I bought an xbox to play Forza3 but it didn't grab me(only using controller) as it just doesn't drive well with my GT developed senses.
Since I've been using dfgt wheel for the past few years I might upgrade to a fanatec and bust both games.
That being said, I think GT might still have a level of detail above Forza in the end.

old picture:
GT501.jpg

:drool:

Latest Posts

Back