The New Porsche 911 GT3 RS Just Accidentally Leaked Out - Here's Everything We Know

I'm 110% sure that job would fall in the hands of one of their GT/DTM drivers. F1 guys tend to be contractually obliged to drive only the F1 cars, these days. Well, save for a few exceptions like Fernando.

Like you pointed out Ferrari had their drivers test their cars, Seb has done it too. And actually Lewis was supposedly the development driver for the Project One. Which makes sense considering the car is his F1 car with a road car body over it.

Being a top F1 talent doesn't automatically means that these race car drivers are very fast with a road legal race car like the Porsche GT3 RS.

I believe Schumacher once said that he needs to see the front wheels to be able to hit the apex correctly. A normal race car - not a single seater - would have made things much more difficult for him to be very fast.

Being a top F1 talent doesn't automatically means that these race car drivers are very fast with a road legal race car like the Porsche GT3 RS.

I believe Schumacher once said that he needs to see the front wheels to be able to hit the apex correctly. A normal race car - not a single seater - would have made things much more difficult for him to be very fast.

Strange considering how fast he was in normal race cars, that landed him the F1 drive...along with the backing he had and feeder experience.

Strange considering how fast he was in normal race cars, that landed him the F1 drive...along with the backing he had and feeder experience.
Exactly what I was thinking but I know for sure that he said that. I believe he said it when being interviewed at the annual Race of Champions.
Maybe he became acustom to racing single seaters too much?

Amazing video! GT Sport does an awesome job of duplicating The Nurburgring. I felt like I knew every corner!

How dangerous do you think a hot lap like that is?

GT2RS and GT3RS both ran the new MPS Cup2 'R' on their sub 7 mins laps.... Worth 2s at Sachsenring over the old MPS Cups (only a c.90s lap)!

What is the equivalent tire in GTS to these Michelin PSS Cup 2 Rs? My guess is Sport Soft?

How dangerous do you think a hot lap like that is?

Pretty dangerous - that’s one of the most committed laps I’ve seen. He’s off track in a number of places, and Has both snap oversteer and understeer as well.

What is the equivalent tire in GTS to these Michelin PSS Cup 2 Rs? My guess is Sport Soft?

I would think so - very difficult to get anywhere near a sub 7 min lap on hards.

I'm 110% sure that job would fall in the hands of one of their GT/DTM drivers. F1 guys tend to be contractually obliged to drive only the F1 cars, these days. Well, save for a few exceptions like Fernando.
You’re likely right but I only bring them up bc Lewis in particular was very vocal about the car on his IG up until he rebooted his account and wiped everything. I think he would be up for the challenge but I’m sure scheduling conflicts will play a role as well with him needing time to familiarize the car and track.

Doubt any F1 driver would get anywhere near a proper tin top 'Ring expert'.

Car control would be fine, but it's a very different track to anything they drive in f1, and requires innate knowledge and 100's of laps to be really fast there.

Back