The new Porsche 911 in Project Cars Pro

• Thread starter MarcoM
  • 24 comments
But how hard could it be to just add it? The model, physics, license (not exactly, maybe, I know but still), everything is done already. If this Pro thing is only a special version of PC2 made for this VR then it's really simple.

If it were to be added it wouldn't change my experience much, in fact after four months I still haven't driven all the cars but something new would still freshen things up.

But how hard could it be to just add it? The model, physics, license (not exactly, maybe, I know but still), everything is done already. If this Pro thing is only a special version of PC2 made for this VR then it's really simple.
But it's probably not though. What I've read, it's essentially rFactor Pro. You most likely couldn't apply this to the current console generation definitely and the majority of the PC market.

But it's probably not though. What I've read, it's essentially rFactor Pro. You most likely couldn't apply this to the current console generation definitely and the majority of the PC market.
Ah, well that kinda sucks. I'm still hoping for it to be added but I'm not expecting it now.

Ah, well that kinda sucks. I'm still hoping for it to be added but I'm not expecting it now.
It's a shame. But as they have a model, there's definitely a chance. I'm not expecting it to come to a consumer PCARS game until the next iteration.

More concerning to me is the possible direction SMS may be taking as a company. Is SMS still going to be dedicated to better sim racing titles for PC and consoles? Or are they going to focus more on a B2B strategy and leave the big titles to other studios? Personally, I hope we'll see a Project Cars 3. But that may not be the most profitable direction for SMS to go.

Couldn't give two hoots about the game, but the StarVR thing does sound very interesting; especially the 210 field of view.

More concerning to me is the possible direction SMS may be taking as a company. Is SMS still going to be dedicated to better sim racing titles for PC and consoles? Or are they going to focus more on a B2B strategy and leave the big titles to other studios? Personally, I hope we'll see a Project Cars 3. But that may not be the most profitable direction for SMS to go.

I imagine this is just a side deal for them,PD did this kind of deal in the past but it happened in the 2000s i haven't heard of a similar deal in recent times.

Be interested to see what PCP actually is. This deal with Porsche looks to be a utility they can use to show would be customers what's it like to own and drive one of their cars via VR.

Is this the purpose of PCP or just something that can utilise it. Will we ever see PCP as consumers or will aspects of PCP make it into PC3?

VBR
Couldn't give two hoots about the game, but the StarVR thing does sound very interesting; especially the 210 field of view.

The StarVR hardware is purely upscale at this point (it's something like $3000 IIRC). Pimax is a company I've been looking at for quite some time and am hoping that they make it. Upcoming from Pimax is a reasonably-priced set with 200 degree field of view. Keeping my fingers crossed that this becomes a reality. I already game in 3D on traditional 3D displays (have for many years), so I didn't feel the need to jump into VR at the beginning; I've just been waiting for the screen-door and FOV problems to be addressed in something sub $1000.

SMS could easily release that car for free for Pcars 2 but in terms of fan service they suck.

Also after the last DLC no news at all about future projects.

I really enjoyed Pcars2 but the lack of info is just a big mess.

SMS could easily release that car for free for Pcars 2 but in terms of fan service they suck.
In theory, yes. What if Porsche doesn't want their car in game? What if they'd rather wait for it to be released to the public to buy?

You've got this.

We're not entitled to know anything. They'll release information when they want to.

I can‘t imagine Porsche does not want their 992 already in game.
Its after all promotion for them ;)

Sure they can release info whenever they want but its never a mistake to have a good communication with the fans ;)

I can‘t imagine Porsche does not want their 992 already in game.
Its after all promotion for them ;)

Sure they can release info whenever they want but its never a mistake to have a good communication with the fans ;)
Just because it's promotion, doesn't mean they think it will really get into the game.

If they've got no information they want to/can't release, they won't.

We couldn't... Sorry if you think that we suck in terms of fan service. The metrics don't back that statement but all good.

We can't state everything we plan to do as we're a developer and we work with publishers and one of the first clauses on every contract is that we can't say anything until after they do...

Thanks for your continued support all. x

Ok, this here is really positive, even if you said you can‘t say anything yet :)

Its respected and I thank you for that.

But in terms of Pcars 2.
After the season pass content ended, don‘t you think it would have been cool to tell your fans about the future?
If they can expect more dlc etc.

Or what about come competitions were people could earn a car or so at least on a monthly basis.

But I had great fun with the game.
Some extra achievements would have been cool for the Dlc expansions though.

My understanding is that this will be a dealership experience thing. Porsche can give customers that would like to test drive more aggressively a way to do so at their dealership without harming the merchandise. We will see if this ever makes its way into a Toyota dealership.

Back