The new Subaru look- now on the Impreza

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Fred-
  • 78 comments
  • 2,500 views
ExigeExcel
Because that would be boring.

I think they are just rying to build an image to work off in future. Like BMW with the Kidneys, Alfa with the *not to be mentioned* etc.
Bah, silly idea. Ford's starting with that too (500 and new Focus), it looks awful.Pontiac is sort of pulling off their 'not lawsuit-inducingly similar to BMW' design, but their styling would have probably looked just as good (or bad, it seems the prevailing opinion is) over the last few years without it.
 
xcsti
If they removed the wart from the middle of it's face it would be great. The overall treatment looks nice, just not the center of the grill.

My thoughts exactly...these car companies doing this middle grille treatment are disgusting me. That middle intact makes me nautious. The middle button on Nissans, and the damn middle pillar on Mitsubishi's make me sick as well. So much for my love of STi's now...I'll stick to loving the previous generation like I love the EVO VII and not the EVO VIII. I really like the headlight treatment, and I like the rear of the car...just that middle intake is hideous.

New STi = :yuck:
 
Wow, I just saw a commecial for the 06 eclipse... It and Mitsu look sooooooooooooooo more appealling all of a sudden. :dopey:
 
Duke
Care to place a friendly wager on whether they discount '05 leftovers or new '06s first?

:lol: They'll discount '05 leftovers first - but if the models were sold side-by-side with the same debut year, things would be different.
 
Well folks, finish this sentence:

Subaru's new corporate face on the B9 Tribeca and the next Impreza will result in _____ Subaru customers than now.
(A) many more
(B) very few dissatisfied
(C) about the same
(D) somewhat more
(E) somewhat less
 
I'm thinking "C". I think they'll do well, but they already are, so about the same.
 
Sorry to be so bland and many of you guys will disagree with me but meh.

They've screwed up the WRX.
 
Sorry to be so bland and many of you guys will disagree with me but meh.

They've screwed up the WRX.
Actually, very few people like the new design(me :indiff: ). Personally, I can't wait to see the normal WRXs driving around town. I don't love it, but I like it a lot. :)
 
I guess that's true - street sightings will be the first true judge, so I shouldn't criticize too heavily now, especially because it's clearly not as bad as B9 Tribeca. I agree with this statement:

I'm thinking "C". I think they'll do well, but they already are, so about the same.

The new nose turns car enthusiasts away, but the buying public has consistently shown a strong inclination towards buying all but the ugliest cars. For the record I believe this is actually the single ugliest vehicle ever built:

000658-1283AS.jpg


I've been criticizing styling a lot more lately. :odd:
 
M5Power
For the record I believe this is actually the single ugliest vehicle ever built:

000658-1283AS.jpg


I've been criticizing styling a lot more lately. :odd:
:lol: Maybe the most boring vehicle ever! I don't think it's ugly.
 
M5Power
I've been criticizing styling a lot more lately. :odd:

Not really, you've praised the styling of the B9 Tribeca.
 
Oh no... The B9's styling appears to be contaigous.
At least the Legacy has a couple years before it gets uggified.
 
PunkRock
Front-1.jpg

Rear-1.jpg

Grill-1.jpg


What didn't work on the Tribeca doesn't work on the Impreza either. The body colored trim makes it a bit more discreet than the B9's, but make no mistake, that's still one ugly front end. I'm pretty sure it'll have similar specs to the current STi, considering it's just a face/butt lift.

It'll take time getting used to, if that's even possible.

oh man! again alfa romeo style grille like tribeca...WHY?

but new impreza looks so...agressive...I like it 👍
 
I've heard you say that before about the GMC. I don't get it. It's dull, but there are so many more uglier vehicles (even modern ones) that I don't even know where to begin listing them. Probably with the Azzcrack/Rendvous, but I'm not sure.
 
Emohawk
:lol: Some funny cars in there. I loved this quote:
"Or the Subaru 360? Check out that positive rear camber! Can you say "Tuck-Under"?"
 
let Alpha have that opening. at least they do it tastefully

*smacks Fuji Heavy Industries upside the head*
"get those stupid dork designers away from your money machine"
*smacks GM upside the head*
"who said you could take a leaf out of the Edsel design book. idiots. get someone over to suby that does the caddys!"
*re-smacks*
"that's for backing out of fiat and screwing us out of Alpha Romeos!"
 
a6m5
:lol: Maybe the most boring vehicle ever! I don't think it's ugly.

The extended version? It's completely awful.

Duke
I've heard you say that before about the GMC. I don't get it. It's dull, but there are so many more uglier vehicles (even modern ones) that I don't even know where to begin listing them.

It's a Chevrolet. :p

The extended version is simply the worst-looking vehicle ever created. I don't think there's anything else really ugly on sale right now. B9 Tribeca is bad, Aztek is bad but they're barely selling any. Otherwise, meh.
 
You cannot tell me the Pontiac Aztek looks better then the Trailblazer.
 
Much better than the Trailblazer LS EXT.
 
:eek: Wow.
 
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i dont like the front, at all
 
M5Power
Much better than the Trailblazer LS EXT.
Not a chance - even the EXT version. Much better than the Azzcrack. In fact, I'll say I like the EXT better than the regular version. You're just odd.
 
You're out of your head - the EXT is a stylistic joke. The regular-length Envoy, Rainier, and Trailblazer are beautiful SUVs; the EXT literally is simply a stretched version made hastily to cover their asses because their design spies didn't pick up on the fact that Ford was going do offer three rows of seats in the 2002 Explorer. It looks completely terrible.
 
Sure the Trailblazer isn't the prettiest car around regular or EXT. But you saying it's styling is worse then the Aztek is completely insane.
 
M5Power
the EXT literally is simply a stretched version made hastily to cover their asses because their design spies didn't pick up on the fact that Ford was going do offer three rows of seats in the 2002 Explorer.
On this point, I totally agree.
It looks completely terrible.
On this point, I don't.
 
Well, in case those of us don't know about the machines M5Power posted in Post #54 in comparison to the B9 Tribeca? Why not let us post some pictures for comparison? Then we all can compare for ourselves.
 
JohnBM01
Well, in case those of us don't know about the machines M5Power posted in Post #54 in comparison to the B9 Tribeca? Why not let us post some pictures for comparison? Then we all can compare for ourselves.

000658-1283AS.jpg

The ugliest car ever mass-produced

1.jpg

An ugly vehicle, but one not as ugly as the first pictured vehicle

clk-doug3.jpg

The single best-looking design ever created by the hands of mankind
 
M5Power
1.jpg

An ugly vehicle, but one not as ugly as the first pictured vehicle
I'm sorry. :( I kinda like it........

M5Power
clk-doug3.jpg

The single best-looking design ever created by the hands of mankind
Yes! Cavalier Rocks! I love the new color. 👍
 
a6m5
Yes! Cavalier Rocks! I love the new color. 👍

Touché. :ouch: Stand aside as I remove the dagger from my heart...
 
Back