The next Metal Gear Solid game: Raiden?

Sony now has to always fight an uphill struggle, it was the reverse situation with Xbox and the PS2... However getting back on topic I do feel that MGS on 360 will do damage for Playstation...

Actually, this is a good thing for all of us, regardless of what platform you prefer. That means that Sony, and Microsoft, and Nintendo all have to work harder to earn your money - meaning better games, better hardware, and ultimately a better experience for the user. Honestly, having the tables turned on them will make Sony do a better job... And they will be that much better because of it.

The point is that the 360 is the 'everyman' choice and its the most popular console, there seems to be nothing people have to weigh up to decide to buy it,

I'm pretty sure that most would agree that's what the Wii is, and even sales figures and sales rates support that opinion.

plus its the cheapest proper next gen console... as a result its considered a no brainer to the general population.

If that was the case, then why does the PS3 have a faster sales rate since launch compared to the 360's sales rate since launch?

Heck, the 360 had a full year's head start, which is quite significant. Having a year's head start played a huge roll in why the PS2 beat the Xbox despite the Xbox being the technically superior console... but this time around, even with the tables turned, the PS3 sales rates are still better than the 360.

If the 360 was really a no-brainer, then they should not only have had a better sales rate than the PS3, but they should also have out paced the PS2 sales rate, as well as the Wii... instead of having the slowest sales rate of all four consoles. Sure... they have more total units sold... but that's ONLY because they had a year head start.

Again, you can claim what you like, and share your opinion, but the facts do not support what you are saying is true... only that "some people" feel as you do... but that doesn't make it true.

Sony now has to always fight an uphill struggle, it was the reverse situation with Xbox and the PS2.

Absolutely. That's the disadvantage of getting your product out a year after the competition... and yet unlike what happened to the Xbox when it was released a year after the PS2, the PS3 is on pace to outsell the 360.. so why the alarmist attitude?

As for my opinion I dont base my views on what other people say and what I see on the net,

Well so far, that's what it appears you have been doing, but if not basing your views on their opinions, you certainly seem to lend them a great deal of weight. :odd:

I am just pointing out the general concencous about the PS3 which is not necessarily how I feel about the console.

By all means, please share with us the source of this known general consensus... that isn't just pointing to "some people" expressing their personal opinions. Seriously. "Some People's opinion" does not equate to a "general consensus".

Sony now has to always fight an uphill struggle, it was the reverse situation with Xbox and the PS2.

Actually, this is a good thing for all of us, regardless of what platform you prefer. That means that Sony, and Microsoft, and Nintendo all have to work harder to earn your money - meaning better games, better hardware, and ultimately a better experience for the user. Honestly, having the tables turned on them will make Sony do a better job... And they will be that much better because of it.

QFT 👍

Last edited:
I just saw this E3 announcement at lunch time and was quite surprised. Its been said for many years that there is no way MG would ever come to Microsoft.

I dont really care much for the MGS series but I do like Raiden a lot. He was awesome in MGS4. An entire game based off of him would be fun. So is this exclusive to the 360 or will both systems have this game?? I didnt see this in the 360 forums so I wasnt sure about the info.

So is this exclusive to the 360 or will both systems have this game?? I didnt see this in the 360 forums so I wasnt sure about the info.

As mentioned in this thread:

If it was an exclusive they would have mentioned it over and over again, MS isn't dumb.

And as further proof:

Everyone can calm down about the 360 news. Kotaku found a listing on GamePress that kind of gives things away a bit. MGS Rising is on PC, PS3, and XBOX 360. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker is a PSP exclusive, and I will guess a Portable Ops sequel, making the Big Boss image sensical.

http://kotaku.com/5274805/kojimas-psp-metal-gear-is-metal-gear-solid-peace-walker

peace_walker_listing_01.jpg

And Joystiq also has a new Castlevania title from Konami.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/01/rumor-listing-reveals-metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-and-new-co/

konamispoilers.jpg

The important question for fans is if there will be any differences, and if so, what, and will they come out at the same time.

Considering Kojima claims the game has only just begun to get developed, and that there are differences between the systems, there is no telling how the final game versions will end up like.

D/N, seriously the sales figures hardly mean anything these days to anyone other than the manufacturer. A kid for example isnt going to go "im going to buy X console because it sold more units this month".

The 360 is the no brainer choice for GAMERS. The Wii is for everyone else.

I don't lend these opinons a great deal of weight, this thread is about discussion and I want to see what people think about these views which is what members like you are doing and thats great.

To just summarise, I personally was impressed with what I saw at the MS press conference and yes I hope this encourages Sony to up their game. Its never good to be kill of the hill too long and get complacent.

Robin.

D/N, seriously the sales figures hardly mean anything these days to anyone other than the manufacturer.

You are missing the point.... sales figures are facts that help show what people are buying. If as you claimed, the 360 is the 'everyman' choice and its the most popular console, and that there seems to be nothing people have to weigh up to decide to buy it, and that the 360 is considered a no brainer to the general population... then it should most definitely have the highest sales rate since launch.

The fact is that it has the worst, and so far the ONLY reason more 360s have sold overall than PS3 is that it came out a year earlier. So what does that tell you? It certainly doesn't suggest the 360 is the no brainer choice by the majority of the potential console market.

Shall we just move on, and stick with MGSR discussions?

Back