The non-muscle American car thread (READ THE OP)

  • Thread starter Thread starter The87Dodge
  • 1,602 comments
  • 185,616 views

In your opinion, which country makes the best looking cars?


  • Total voters
    207
Plymouth Cricket. A rebadged Hillman Avenger for the '70s fuel crunch.

cric6.jpg

cric3.jpg

cric5.jpg


Wonder how much profanity wedging a 340 in there would require.
 
Last edited:
Yes please. That’s similar material to my Cutlass seats. The factory embroidery and the “S” jewelry like those four triangular pins in the seat backs showed so much class.
 
Yes please. That’s similar material to my Cutlass seats. The factory embroidery and the “S” jewelry like those four triangular pins in the seat backs showed so much class.
The knitted vinyl and medallions are lovely. I appreciate the alternating diagonal pleats in particular. They mimic the door panels.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, man. The Big Three produced awesome machinery. Today’s mass produced cars just can’t compete with the style.
 
Yes please.
I was going to say the same thing. I'm not even a Ford guy but that car is mint.
 
maxresdefault.jpg


Not a 454 SS but still such a great looking truck, and the added weight of the big block and its neutered nature (230hp standard) make the Sport the better performer. Stance is nice but I'm not thrilled about the tint or the cowl hood.
 
Jeeeeezuuuuus.

DSC03638-2.jpg


So it's not the '77 Cutty coupe I'd build (painted metal roof S is my platonic ideal, followed by a painted metal roof Supreme, Supreme Brougham, Tiara-topped S, and lastly a 4-4-2--I don't like the 4-4-2 nose), but it looks tremendous with the conservative lowering job, gold painted 15" Super Stocks to match the gold coach line and 225/60 RWLs. Okay so I wouldn't actually do this at all--I like more rubber on a Colonnade; the wheel wells are huge--but it does look pretty fantastic.

Here's a dead stock S to compare the semi-fastback roofline shared with the 4-4-2.

1977-oldsmobile-cutlass-s
 
Back