The Panama Papers

• Thread starter DK
  • 109 comments
Well crikey. People with lots of money who would pay lots of tax pay lots of money to people to help them avoid tax.

It's almost like increasing taxes on the rich incentivises creative ways of avoiding it and doesn't work to increase taxation revenue. Or something.

I wonder if Jaguar, Aston Martin, and other car companies, not just british are involved with this in any way. I hope not. :( This is also a car forum.

(And UK is still influential in it's former colonies, somehow. Money is underrated weapon people! UK may be more powerful than we think. Or not.)

I hope leaks and their media representation will not be biased and each individual/country gets right amount of attention. We all do. Honestly told I hope there will be more attention on other countries (especially Germany because leaks were sent to german mag and because this country may not just be capable of making world wars) not just UK or Arab states.

I really wonder how will this proceed. Maybe details of a wide scale conspiracy will get revealed, maybe we'll see if Kaz keeps money paid by Nissan, to promote 50 Skylines and 30 GTRs, in Panama to avoid tax :D, I'm really not denying anything. But it will be a middle of it all once finished

Last edited:
I wonder why this got so much more attention than way more confidental leaks.

Presuming that you mean "confidential"... which other leaks are "way more confidential" than this. Confidentiality was paramount to the operation hence the confidence of so many people in using these services.

Presuming that you mean "confidential"... which other leaks are "way more confidential" than this. Confidentiality was paramount to the operation hence the confidence of so many people in using these services.
OOPS I mistranslated a word. I meant that there are (many) bigger leaks that somehow don't (so far at least) get attention. But thanks God for internet, anyways.

I can't wait for the 'Panama Papers' Papers.

I'll go on record with my sneaking suspicion for the primary or secondary motivation of the putative Panama Papers CIA operation.

It was to inoculate prominent US persons soon to be exposed as users of offshore banking and hidden assets. Poor Mr Cameron has suffered unintended collateral damage.

What about for example Rockefeller and Rotschild, Koch, Waltons, Slim and any other rich(er) families besides them (I'm seriously not an expert who are the richest but nevermind)? I wonder if more of these families will be included in leaks/lists besides for example that Azerbaijan family. (as of February '17, none of these four and probably there are more left unmentioned. At least on wikipedia. Nothing wierd about evading taxes, everyone would do it)

Last edited:
....Ooh, conspiracies!! I just love those. More complex and twisted the better.
This one is of the classic, textbook variety. In the trade, it is called the "limited hangout".

umm I typed jaguar and I got lots of results. I'm not corporate expert, are there any real connections of these companies besides name with actual car company? there are also some officiers and one address. Also this https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/nodes/14007672
I find this confusing at least for Jaguar. In short is there anything from JLR car companies in this database?

I also wonder how many companies and peple, not only JLR, avoid tax and do "dirty work" not only panama.

I typed in volkswagen, audi, aston martin and I got nothing.

Last edited:
I'm not corporate expert, are there any real connections of these companies besides name with actual car company?

Why would there be? Jaguar is just a species of cat after all. A company called Jaguar isn't necessarily going to be related to the car company. In fact, if you're engaging in this type of activity, it's very unlikely that your (legal) cover companies are going to have a telling name at all.

Why would there be? Jaguar is just a species of cat after all. A company called Jaguar isn't necessarily going to be related to the car company. In fact, if you're engaging in this type of activity, it's very unlikely that your (legal) cover companies are going to have a telling name at all.
Lol but when I type one of them in google, i think jaguar limited, i get jaguar car company wiki site but not exact match (both words on site but not together) as i remember.

Lol but when I type one of them in google, i think jaguar limited, i get jaguar car company wiki site but not exact match (both words on site but not together) as i remember.

A search engine's ranked results have little to do with the arbitrary contents of a list of offshore companies ;)

Back