The Peugeot 905

Nope, I don't use any assists. So I'm in the same boat as Zardoz.

After getting used to the Toyota, it's not as bad as I previously said, but in my opinion still not as good as the 905.

Someone said at lemans '93 the 905 had a time like 3'20.xxx, on Sarthe with chicanes. So I tried my best ( dunno if my time's good compared to fellow GT4 drivers) and after like ten tries (looking for break-points) I got 3'20.315, with my 848HP 905. In the first sector I had 30 secs, the second 64s, and the rest I don't remember anymore...

There wasn't much changed in the setup, and yes, I used driving aids (I don't think they had it back then...) and lowered the car all the way to the lowest (hey... how low can you go? 50mm!!! :dopey: ) and I didn't change the gears.
Oh yeah I had R3/R4 tyres, free run. And BTW how can I turn that annoying ghost car off?

If someone knows the exact time in Le Mans '93 of the 905, I'd be happy.

What is annoying about the ghost car? I find it the best tool in the game for increaseing your driving skill, I wish the pace car licenses had it.

It's my imagination, I just get nervous...
If I am far in front of it ( 2 secs) I mostly brake too late at a hairpin, and spin off.
It's just that... But I know it can be a good tool for discovering the best brake-points, and driving lines.

sejtur
If someone knows the exact time in Le Mans '93 of the 905, I'd be happy.

In 1992, the 905's qualified at 3:21.209 (car No. 2) and 3:22.512 (car No. 1).

In 1993, the 905's were a little slower, qualifying at 3:24.94 (car No. 2) and 3:27.23 (car No. 3). This according to racingsportscars.com. Great site for photos of great race cars from the past.

I remember reading that Geoff Brabham, who won Le Mans in 1993 with Peugeot, said the Peugeot, in low downforce trim for Le Mans, had more downforce than the Nissan GTP cars he won several championships with in the late 80's and 90's.

Would have been nice for PD to put in a few more of the 3.5 liter Group C cars like the Jaguar XJR-14 and the Toyota TS010. IMHO, some of the coolest-looking race cars ever.

Mopar
I bought the 905 and with all the driving aids it seems to handle fine.

Yeah, that seems to be the key to making it usable. It is one of the few cars in the game that really needs them.

In the PAL version Bob can't handle the car either...

In PAL, the 905 has a smaller turning circle than the Nissan 92 LM...
Is it thesame case in the US version?

Zardoz
Yeah, that seems to be the key to making it usable. It is one of the few cars in the game that really needs them.

That makes sense, since the 905 was built in the ultra-high-tech days of prototype racing (this ultimately killed Group C, as the racing bacame so expensive that all the privateers just vanished, as they could no longer compete), so the car probably had traction control and stability control in real life.

As for the car itself, I'll probably buy it just because it's so drop-dead gorgeous.

I ran my 905 on Sarthe and all I can say is that it was hooked up, felt glued to the asphalt! Once you get used to the slow gear change, the car is a killer!

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and this is a wonderful site. I dont understand the 905 bashing. I cant speak for those that have the PAL version of the game, but NTSC I have the car is great. I have experienced no problems in keeping the car on the road at La Sarthe in either configurations. It requires a different driving techinque...you have to "back it into the corner", to fully take advantage of the cars tremendous cornering ability and speed, which was the main chracteristic of the last generation of Group C prototypes, and were purpose built for flowing tracks like Silverstone, Monza, Suzuka, LeMans, etc.

I also believe the slow gear changes with the 905 is a function of the Group C rules with fuel comsumption. All the other cars that are in this game from that era are turbos where as the 905 is normally aspirated V10; having such a progressive gear change inheritantly saves fuel and is not really possible in my opinion with a turbo car because of lag. I am still working on my driving techinque and working on coasting through the corners to keep momentum high. I ran with 851bhp and R3 tires front and rear at La Sarthe 2 and ran 3.02.349 and with R5 tires front and rear I ran 2.56.787. Those without any real track specific tuning. I think this is a great car, it doesnt have the outright pace of the C9, but it is fun and challenging to drive.

A little bit more historical reference, Jean Todt, of Ferrari F1 fame, was the director of Peugeot Sport during the running of this car.

Back