The Photography Thread

• Thread starter CDailey
  • 3,605 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my latest. It's my first collage. I think it turned out fairly well considering it was my first.

Editing: Sepia photo filter in Photoshop CS and a curves adjustment.

c&c please! :)

GreatGrannyGTP.jpg

Integra Type R
Here is my latest. It's my first collage. I think it turned out fairly well considering it was my first.
I don't get it. You mean "collage" as in "Photomontage"?

It's a lovely picture anyway. 👍

Integra Type R
Yes, I do belive that's the word I was looking for. 👍
I guess your word is correct as well. You made a collage, after all.

I was just trying to make sure I understood what was going on on that photograph. :)

Nice. :D

You should also check out Panasonic's FZ15 or even FZ20. Both use Leica lens and produce excellent pictures. My personal favorites. ;)

Hum, maybe. The FZ15 is for the US market only, so I'm not sure about its price. But I thought it was the same price as that Fuji.

Oh well, nevermind. You'll be well served with any of them, anyway.

Good luck. 👍

Thanks 👍

I'll check out the FZ15 again just to make sure.

[edit] The FZ15 sounds really good but it's just too much more money. :(

Really the only thing that I like better on the FZ15 is the 12x zoom. Everything else is basically the same except I think the Panasonic has anti-shake where as the Fuji doesn't. But that doesn't matter as I think I have fairly steady hands and I usually use my tripod anyway. :)

I agree with your mom and DiabolicalMask, EH. Beautiful 👍

Integra Type R
Really the only thing that I like better on the FZ15 is the 12x zoom. Everything else is basically the same except I think the Panasonic has anti-shake where as the Fuji doesn't. But that doesn't matter as I think I have fairly steady hands and I usually use my tripod anyway. :)
Believe me, with a zoom this big, the anti-shake makes a lot of difference when shooting at the tele end of the zoom range. (I own a FZ3, by the way - 12x zoom as well).

And more important than the specifications, you should be comparing samples taken with the cameras you're interested in.

Just my two cents.

Oh, and nice pictures as always. You really know how to work them. 👍

DiabolicalMask
Believe me, with a zoom this big, the anti-shake makes a lot of difference when shooting at the tele end of the zoom range.
I will completely agree. My Z2 does not have an anti-shake feature (the boss' Z3 does) and it makes a huge difference. I didn't spring for it because of the $150 price difference. :)

Most of my shooting is done on a tripod anyway, so I don't think I would benefit from anti-shake (image stability?) that much. I believe I have steady hands too. :D

I know this isn't a photograph but I didn't want to make a new thread. Tell me what you guys think.
deviant-deception.jpg

Nice emad, and nice type R. The color plays on the atmosphere damn well.

I was bored from making a flyer for a local shop, during that time I found new way to bring life to some old photos.

bw7.jpg

bw6.jpg

bw2.jpg

Blackbird - I like the image but i'm not a big fan of the font.
Antihero - Very sweet pics. I especially like the fence. 👍

A few pics I took last night

I call this one Caged Demon
cageddemon.jpg

Resized pic of one of my plants
leaf1.jpg

and a crop of the same pic
leafcrop.jpg

and lastly Christmas Lights on Speed
lightsonspeed.jpg

C&C welcome and encouraged :)

Status