The Photography Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter CDailey
  • 3,605 comments
  • 194,252 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
breakpoint, I love #1. I've always liked Selective Coloring shots. :)
 
I agree with speedy, I really like number 1. The other shots seem a bit noisy?
 
Maybe he was going for noisy type shot, considering the subject matter? I'll go against the grain and say that I don't like number one. There's nothing wrong with it. It's a good photo, I just don't like it. I really like the 2nd one though.
 
Exige, just go. I'm sure it will be worth it. I've done my fair share of sketchy **** and they are always worth it (at least until I fall and break my ass).

After my visit to the same place, I heard that a dead body was found there a year before I went, and that the police tried to seal off anymore entry to the building. I could only find one way in when I was nosing around, and it was pretty iffy (a few bricks kicked out of the base of a huge malt silo, who knows how deep it went). Like I said a couple months ago, I'm always scared of bringing expensive camera equipment to these places as well, the only people that really explore these places are there to paint, and I know that they aren't very polite. If I can get a couple friends together, I'll for sure head back for some shots and maybe a try at getting in.

Until then, I have some other spots lined up, but come on, it's snowing right now. Hahaha.
 
My first attempt at HDR. I suck at curves.

Sorry for the crappy location, I was just trying to find a place to put my camera, since I don't have a tripod, and I needed some kind of background with clouds and colors.
 
Haven't seen these in a while. I used to see them everyday on the LHD. Good to see some come through NAS sometimes. :) Not the best shots though. :(


harrier1nj2.jpg


harrier2ch8.jpg


harrier3yk7.jpg


harrier4fn7.jpg
 
I went out to see a drift event yesterday, here's a couple of pics.
driftke4.jpg

drift2ob3.jpg

drift3zq1.jpg

drift1kh7.jpg

drift2cg3.jpg

drift3om0.jpg

drift4pl5.jpg

drift5bp4.jpg


All taken with my trusty Nikon Coolpix 5900.
pic_001.jpg

I am still looking around for a decent new camera, I'm not sure to go for a high-end big zoom or a lower-end DSLR.
Anyhow, constructive criticism welcome!
 
Well, went for another walk with the girlfriend today and got some more pics, I''ll only post up two for now though, comments appreciated. :)





And one for fun, had a BBQ this evening and a ladybug decided to join us!



:)
 
Nice shots there revolution, I would have gone too but my hangover from the night before was too big and I didnt feel up to driving. As if the bloody monaro POS won though!
 
Thanks for the feedback. And yes i was going for a bit of a raw\grainy feel on the #2 and 3, you hit it ITR. Just got back from the Barbers track. http://barbermotorsports.com/index.php
In case you would like to see some of the track. Very nice place. I was with wka. Race 125cc shifter sprint. Got a few pics at night but no race pics because didn't get a single race lap in because of rain. Soon as i settle in and eat im going to pop in my card to check out the ones i got and i will post a few up if they are worth it! Missed the race on sat because got in and i didn't know they had moved the race up so when i had already pulled of the gear to swap it out someone said hey man were up in 20 mins...ah! Not enough time to put the other on and re-jet it so i missed it. Then bad weather so the whole weekend only got 1 10 minute session of practice in.

Well checked out the card and here are some i got. Im posting them in thumbnail because there are several ones and i don't want to eat space up for no reason. The one with the red and white streaks is on that i took of me going around and around on a little 150cc miniscooter that i use as a pit bike. And there is one that shows how the weather turned out to stay for 2 days, and 1 the day i left with trailer hooked and ready to go:)








 
From the fair a few days. Remind me to bring my tripod along next time I go to the fair at night. I missed so many good shots. :indiff:

img1833fe7.jpg


img1834kn3.jpg


img1841ho3.jpg


img1847ve8.jpg
 
I like the first one with the wheel, like how the shading and lighting worked out in it.
 
This is Brady, he's the smartest dog I know.
456546952_926de81b4b_o.jpg


Anyone recognize?
437167187_dc0b12c339_o.jpg
 
Just the one from yesterday evening. :)



Comments appreciated as always. :)

Skyline: Wow some sweet shots there.
 
Some nice shots skyline.
 
Woah man, go to sleep haha.
 
It would have been nice to know what the back of that G35 looked like.
 
Not one comment for my pics? Are they really that awesomely bad?
 
Bee
Not one comment for my pics? Are they really that awesomely bad?

lol no not bad. I like it. the powerlines are a bit out of place but other then that its good :) I dont think I can do that with my SLR I'd blind myself :D
 
Bee
Not one comment for my pics? Are they really that awesomely bad?

The leaves seem weird, really jagged for some reason. Don't take offense, I just hate sunsets.
 
The leaves seem weird, really jagged for some reason. Don't take offense, I just hate sunsets.

Haha none taken, I'm game to any advice at all.
:)

Skyline
lol no not bad. I like it. the powerlines are a bit out of place but other then that its good I dont think I can do that with my SLR I'd blind myself

Thanks! Yeah I was pretty happy with it when I uploaded it, I was half expecting it to come out a little too dark.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back