The Photography Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter CDailey
  • 3,605 comments
  • 194,245 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love to visit this thread!



Do recognize the car?


Of course you do...







Yes, it's the famous Jaguar E-Type
 
Nice shots Moglet 👍

I was wondering if you could make a 1600x1200 version of this one? :

pier2jn5.jpg
Ditto!
 
weird ****

20070610205652_15a.jpg


20070610205636_13.jpg


20070610205521_11.jpg


nephew
20070610205438_9.jpg


my sister, it's weird. she's always happy but when you throw a camera in her face she always looks depressed.
20070610205739_18.jpg


only digital of the bunch
20070610211909_dsc_8815-edit-3.jpg
 
Just a ****ty roof.
 
Pulled out my wife's old Asahi Pentax Spotmatic last night. First time using a SLR and this one is from the late 60s. Everything seems to work fine and I just need to actually get used to using it. The film in the camera was at least 10 years old.

Again, this was just learning how to use it. Once I get a new battery for it (had to special order it) I'll be able to use the built in meter and hopefully get some better looking shots.



And the camera and lenses (have some more lenses at my inlaws)

spotmaticsr9.jpg
 








i hope to build a rig sometime real soon to get full car shots in motion, i hope lol
 
yeah I'm working on a larger more versatile rig too but before the rig I'm going to buy a 10mm lens :D

one thing that I find helps is either use IS if your camera/lens supports it, or simply put the car in neutral and push it along and you'll have less vibration in the photos =)
 
thanks for the tip. this is just a stock lense (my only lense) and cruising along 20mph lol. wish i had a remote, next time i guess.
 
thanks for the tip. this is just a stock lense (my only lense) and cruising along 20mph lol. wish i had a remote, next time i guess.

I havent bought a remote yet either, I just use the timer :lol:
 
Great pics breakpoint. That is a really nice one with the baby :)

More from the last Blue Angles Practice.

bas8li3.jpg

Awesome shot.
 
tried doing it at night this time with my own car











 
star those are great.

i bought this yesterday, hopefully i can get a chance to put it to work this weekend. for it's age, it is in near perfect condition.

(not mine)
pentax_k1000.jpg
 
Today I saw the biggest waste of a camera ever; it was a guy with a Canon EOS 30D + a Canon 70-200L F4 lens. Sweet rig right? He was using it on auto. Should've bought a point 'n' shoot instead of a £1k DSLR rig . :dunce:
 
A sneak peek from todays studio sessions, this is Bea, my latest model and my new makeup artist for my shoots =)

bea.jpg
 
So I was sitting here trying to think of what step to take next with my photography, I think I want to plan a large scale shoot, with one person, across many locations, maybe something that tells a story? then I can stitch images together to tell that story or maybe even make it into a slideshow of sorts?

One idea i had was creating the idea of a young girl from the country who wants to go to the city to make it big. So she lives in the country, but then goes to the city and ends up being homeless, stealing food, torn clothes etc something, maybe a rags to riches success story. I dunno its just a thought that jumped into my head.

Anyway I'm really wanting to put some other ideas together or possibly expand on the one i have, I'm up for anything really, so if anyone has any crazy ideas lurking around up in there feel free to PM me =)
 
So I was sitting here trying to think of what step to take next with my photography, I think I want to plan a large scale shoot, with one person, across many locations, maybe something that tells a story? then I can stitch images together to tell that story or maybe even make it into a slideshow of sorts?

One idea i had was creating the idea of a young girl from the country who wants to go to the city to make it big. So she lives in the country, but then goes to the city and ends up being homeless, stealing food, torn clothes etc something, maybe a rags to riches success story. I dunno its just a thought that jumped into my head.

Anyway I'm really wanting to put some other ideas together or possibly expand on the one i have, I'm up for anything really, so if anyone has any crazy ideas lurking around up in there feel free to PM me =)

My friend and I created a project like that, it wasn't so much a story, rather just a theme. We had him wear an elephant mask and do everyday type things. People's reactions were great and really added to the idea of the whole thing.
 
star those are great.

i bought this yesterday, hopefully i can get a chance to put it to work this weekend. for it's age, it is in near perfect condition.

(not mine)
pentax_k1000.jpg

Nice dude. I have two Canon AE-1's and a K1000. I love both cameras. (they are basically the same camera)
 
I just found out the d200 can create multiple images with up to 10 individual shots in one. Results of playing around with it (yeah, weird **** I know).

20070618004921_dsc_8897.jpg


20070618004850_dsc_8896.jpg


pinhole
20070618005153_fishing.jpg
 
Yeah my D80 has the "editing" option under the menus. One of them lets combine images into double exposures as long as the images were shot in raw format. The D-lighting editing option actually works pretty good on it though.
 
Made me laugh when I saw it:
untitled1nz2.jpg

Sorry for the noise, had my cam stuck on ISO 400.
 
Taken with the Pentax Spotmatic

 
wow that spotmatic does some nice stuff. there is a good bit of noise but what do you expect from it, dof is great though. Did you take the pic of the cat through a mirror?
 
Allright gents, I need your help. Which one out of these four do you like best? They're for a macro contest. I'm leaning towards numbers 1.

1.
DSC_9145.jpg


2.
DSC_9147.jpg


3.
DSC_9176.jpg


4.
DSC_9221.jpg
 
I like number 3 the best but it just doesn't show enough detail to be in a macro contest, so on that note i am going with numero 1.


And on a side note i just wanted to show everyone how amazed i am by the shadow/highlight filter in PSCS2. The first shot is before i tweaked it with the filter, pitch black. The second is after i tweaked...good lord what a difference!


before.jpg



after.jpg
 
That cat shot is awesome Cod, nice looking cat too. :)

I really like the look of #4 ah. Very mysterious look to it. 👍

That filter is insane, I really want to upgrade my PS. I am still on 7. :ouch:
 
Yeah, I like #2 more than #1. They are all really good though.
I love the depth the blur gives to #4. 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back