The Police

You sure do blush a hell of a lot. Maybe you should get that checked out by a doctor.
 
Klostrophobic
Haha, I think it's great that the Police have fallen so far that they are now known as the band that had one of their songs remixed by P. Diddy.

Yeah, but only by really young people. And the P. Diddy version was actually okay.
 
I've seen a Camaro police car before.

Sick of Crown Victorias? Some other cars were made into police cars. And almost every "OWN3D!!!" pic makes me laugh. A Civic Si/Type-R pulled over a Ferrari 456GT. My God! I'm sure the boys and girls in Tochigi, Japan (Honda's home base, right? Or just Honda-owned race track T.R. Motegi?) would be smiling! Oh, and let's not forget Police Cars in Japan- big, usually ugly station wagons with a lot of lights on top. I know from playing Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero and in someone's Avatar on GTPlanet.

Now while I'm riding along in a golf cart around Vice City right now, what is the wildest or most interesting police car you've ever seen? And can we get McLaren'sAngel a McLaren F1 Police Car? If so, that would OWN everybody. Either that, or Cadillac wants to get all-horsepower and no handling with a Cadillac Sixteen Police Car. Lastly, some of those WRC and Dakar cars and trucks should make for interesting rally... uh, police cars and trucks.

Does Australia have any Ford Falcons as Police Cars? The V8 Supercar Falcons would rule Australia if they were police cars. Okay, maybe I should just leave. Guess what? Wish granted.
 
The dutch police also had porsches. They were used to catch speeders on the high way but were replaced by VOLVOs. The maintenance was too expensive on the porsches (atleast they were running out of reasons to justify the expenses when another car could also do the job).
 
JohnBM01
Does Australia have any Ford Falcons as Police Cars? The V8 Supercar Falcons would rule Australia if they were police cars. Okay, maybe I should just leave. Guess what? Wish granted.


i'm not aussie.. but someone correct if i'm wrong

I believe they use Commodore HSV's as police cruisers in aus...
 
Here are two more Dutch police porsche pics :


EDIT : the last pic with the green on the sice is a german police car, porsche 924
 
How much does a Crown Victoria cost? Last I checked those weren't cheap, I'd doubt that a Camaro would cost a whole lot more. Plus, as someone I think mentioned earlier, they have a lot higher resale values than the Crown Vics after the police are done with them, so that helps make up some of the extra cost.

Around here the Camaros are used as one car speed trap things, they usually just stop somewhere on the side of the freeway, clock someone speeding, then go after them... a Crown Victoria might be able to do the same thing, although it would be a bit more dangerous pulling out on the freeway in a slower car.

I don't think the police need fast cars to do high speed chases. A Crown Victoria or Caprice can already do... I don't know, over 120mph, probably more. I've driven an ex-police Caprice, if a car is moving so fast that one of those can't keep up then they should be giving up the chase, and they probably would.
 
retsmah
How much does a Crown Victoria cost? Last I checked those weren't cheap, I'd doubt that a Camaro would cost a whole lot more.

Base for a Crown Victoria Standard (AM/FM/cassette, 16" hubcaps, no keyless entry) is $24000, invoice is $22500. Ford has a "Police Interceptor" package for Crown Victorias, however, and the price for one of those is like $13000. It's actually interesting, because it's the same package they use on taxis - nearly every newish Crown Victoria you see as a taxi will have a "Police Interceptor" badge on the back.
 
and Northamptonshire have a Ferrari 360 Modena.
When did you find that out. Because when I have mentioned it previousley you have doubted me.

The best we get in South Wales is Vauxhall Astra's and Peugot 307 :grumpy: Though some of the Astra's are 2.0 16v and teh M4 isn't exactly perfect for highspeeds.
 
You sure you're not confusing me with someone else?

I've known about Northants' 360 for about 18 months. It's red and runs on private plates. And I've passed it.
 
JohnBM01
A Civic Si/Type-R pulled over a Ferrari 456GT.

Civic SiR. It says Vancouver Police School Division on the side. And it has British Columbia plates. Has to be an SiR.
 
I do not know for sure but I have heard that in Japan, if one of those fast police cars chases you, and you go over some speed limit, which I have no idea what, they will end the pursuit.

I am not sure if its true but I heard it on some site. I was looking for JDM Police car. I do not know if it is rare to see a NSX police there but mainly most of the time, the police car you see in Japan is a big ass van that could not go faster than my bike. (A little sarcasms there.)
 
rollazn
I do not know for sure but I have heard that in Japan, if one of those fast police cars chases you, and you go over some speed limit, which I have no idea what, they will end the pursuit.

In the US they will end a persuit if it gets too fast too, although I don't think there is a set speed, the police probably have to determine what is too fast.
 
I live in the US. I know that but I heard the speed in Japan is very low. I have seen pursuit in US go over 125 mph the M3 vs LS1 Camaro insticdent.
 
still cant outrun a motorola though. no matter the speed.

i also highly doubt the police are getting crown vics for $13large. id figure closer to twenty.
 
Isn't that a mobile phone?

In the UK they throw a chopper up for particularly high-speed pursuits - so unless you can exceed 160mph (SY99 - but other helicopters, including Thames Valley's air support, are quicker) in a dead straight line for several tens of miles, forget it.

Our record known speeder was doing 163mph in an unrestricted M3. Our record speeder was doing an estimated 210mph, but his speed was never recorded.
 
Famine
Our record known speeder was doing 163mph in an unrestricted M3.

Thank you Mr. Shelby ;)
 
Besides the obvious, what kind of modifications do they do to the Crown Victoria Police Interceptors? Or are they the same from the Consumer vehicle, besides the front bars and all the other stuff? oh and I've seen the black Crown Victorias here in L.A that are undercover, are those the same as the black and white patrol cars?
 
The359
Thank you Mr. Shelby ;)

Ah no - that Cobra was an "estimated" 165mph up the M1 in 1967.

This guy was clocked at 163mph in a BMW M3 on the motorway near Prestwick, about 5 years ago.

A guy on a bike has been done for 170mph+ - but I don't recall that one exactly.
 
scoobyonline200
Besides the obvious, what kind of modifications do they do to the Crown Victoria Police Interceptors? Or are they the same from the Consumer vehicle, besides the front bars and all the other stuff? oh and I've seen the black Crown Victorias here in L.A that are undercover, are those the same as the black and white patrol cars?

Did you bother to read the links I posted, because $20 says no...
 
Apclps
Here are two more Dutch police porsche pics :


EDIT : the last pic with the green on the sice is a german police car, porsche 924

The third pic could be from Holland. There is a new law between Holland, Belgium and Germany that allows each police force, or highway patrol, to enter each others country to go after speeders. In the past the Germans would have to notify the Dutch HP and wait for the Dutch to show up if a speeder was making a brake for the Dutch border, and vise versa. Now, that is no more. This law just past about a few weeks ago.
 
motorola is manufacturer of electrical components and devices. some of which happen to be phones. others of which happen to be the radio communication devices in police cars.
 
The359
You brag about speeding at 115mph, then you have to ask why a high speed pursuit vehicle is needed? :dunce:

You are the reason it is needed.


I wasnt bragging about that, where in that post did it mention anything about me bragging about doing 115???? well whatever, who cares.
 
Florida cops have some Screamin' Yellow 2004 Cobra's. Yep.
 
Our cops are pretty sneaky, most of them in almost unmarked crown vics, only way to tell is the lights on the grille. they do their job well, so you have to give them some support. And can someone tell me why the last three times I've ridden back from marceline ,MO with my dad he got pulled over? the speed limit signs there are in very odd places out by concordia, not that anyone cares.
 
Solid Lifters
The third pic could be from Holland.

I didn't know about that law. Although I'm certain that it is from Germany. The license plate is from Germany and the color of the car doesn't match + Polizei is German. (in Dutch it would be Politie)
 
whats da Differance between German Drivers and American drivers? I saw on TV this program on TLC about the Autobahn and how it was really hard to get a lisence and other stuff, and how the law was very strict on the german highway, why doesnt the U.S do this to make the highway better. I mean I was driving home from work this morning on the 101FWY here in Los Angeles, and I swear I counted 53 people talking on the cell phone, reading something, eating something, brushing hair, fixing contact lenses!!, and all these other things that they shouldnt be doing. Yet in germany all that stuff is Illegal to do on the autobahn....isnt it?
 
Back