The problem of livery searching in GT Sport

• Thread starter Conquerer
  • 66 comments
I have released the search engine for GTS livery.

https://gts.gt-beginners.net/livery/?lang=us

but, the response is very slow :(

This is awesome! Thanks. :bowdown:

The response takes a little while, but I wouldn't call it very slow at all. Much quicker than the in game or official website searches.

Plus I did a partial search for "Italian" on the Mini and got everything. The official search needs you to be much more precise or it doesn't work, this is much more flexible... bravo on some fine work. 👍

May be PD should hire you...! :D

Only improvement I can think of, as mentioned above, is a better organisation of the car listing, the two Minis are at opposite ends of the list for example. But I don't know coding so I appreciate that might be a lot harder to achieve than it sounds...

@SlipZtrEm can we get this thread stickied or move the recent posts to a new thread and get that stickied. I'm sure the whole forum would find this search facility useful. :cheers:

thank you, everyone.

> Nuschel01
> sirjim73

The function to search for cars from the pulldown list is already implemented.
Please select the pulldown list and enter the car's name.

Attachments

• carsearch.png
    carsearch.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 27
decal serach is here :lol:

Wow, amazing and quick! It also pulls up decals that I'd accidentally deleted (but when you click "link" it leads to an error page (I think, it's in Japanese!))
Truly amazing - great job! :cheers:

Last edited:
thank you, everyone.

> Nuschel01
> sirjim73

Well, that was quick! :bowdown:

Thank you. :cheers:

thank you, everyone.

> Nuschel01
> sirjim73

Quick feedback, is it possible to divide the search results by pages? Having thousands of liveries/decal results in a page can be a resource hog.

For GT7 I‘d like the following packages:

- GT7 racing, for people who actually race, with a crazy hard rating and licensing system so e.g. FIA races don’t get screwed up by noobs all the time
- GT7 collectors, for people who think the game is about collecting cars, including a free tutorial on „how to make the most money in the shortest amount of time“, so YT is not cluttered with thousands of those videos
- GT7 liveries, for all those drawn to design
- GT7 scapes, for all the photographers
- GT7 garage, for everyone into tuning cars
- GT7 classics, for all those who keep missing 6 and 5 and all the cars and tracks from way back, basically a GT5 and GT6 simulator, but with VR, since GT7 will feature VR surely

Then everyone can do their favorite things and not get in the others way, and PD can devote small teams to each package and develop them seperately. And maybe then they‘ll treat you livery people to a decent database search, who knows...

Popularity is no assurance of quality! I've seen many a livery with thousands of likes that look like a drunk ape made them. They just gained popularity because they were hastily made on the first day of a new car update!
It doesn’t help that you get an achievement for liking 1000 liveries or whatever it is. I just put a podcast on one day and went through liking any old ***** to get the achievement.

Yes you see this kinda crap all the time.

Now this is something that really bothers me.
I created a popular livery for a corvette that nobody had ever done before. To this day it still only has 20 likes. Someone seen my creation then used my uploaded decals to make the exact same car.
Their car is now in the top of the most popular search with over a 1000 likes. So my Recreation gets no attention at all yet some thief gets all the glory off of my idea as if it was there own.

I see this a lot too with other people's creations

I've seen my decals used numerous times by people who do not give any credit to the decal creators. I have been guilty of this too.
Now, if I use a decal that someone else made I repost the decal.

Yes you see this kinda crap all the time.

Now this is something that really bothers me.
I created a popular livery for a corvette that nobody had ever done before. To this day it still only has 20 likes. Someone seen my creation then used my uploaded decals to make the exact same car.
Their car is now in the top of the most popular search with over a 1000 likes. So my Recreation gets no attention at all yet some thief gets all the glory off of my idea as if it was there own.

I see this a lot too with other people's creations

That sucks that your ideas get robbed for others gain. I love all of the liveries I have seen you do so far!!

been looking for a felony form bmw, got it instantly now!
now just find the owner of the decal and i'm set.

and not to blow my own horn, but yeah you see liveries with thousands of likes, and mine barely get above 30 even when i put a lot of work into it.

Last edited:
I've seen my decals used numerous times by people who do not give any credit to the decal creators. I have been guilty of this too.
Now, if I use a decal that someone else made I repost the decal.

I definitely don't mind people using my uploaded decals or I wouldn't have shared them but it is kinda crappy when they don't give you credit or even a like on them. I know not everyone will and like yourself I'm also guilty of this especially when I first started the game.

That sucks that your ideas get robbed for others gain. I love all of the liveries I have seen you do so far!!

It happens to a lot of people in this game. I'm not someone who has a 1000 friends or followers and I honestly don't want that many people just for the sake of having them. But when someone has that many followers and takes your design then makes an exact clone without giving you any credit for the creation just so they get all the likes from their 1000 followers is sad. This is one reason why I've stopped sharing my creations and now I will only share them with friends only or I will create a special livery for my friends. This allows me to put a more personalized touch for that individual as well.

I honestly don't know why this bugs me so much but for some reason it does. Maybe because I work really hard on my livery's and they can take many of hours if not days to complete when starting from scratch.
Now I have copied other people's awesome livery's and added my own personal signature to them but they are for my personal use only and I won't & don't share them with anyone.

Thanks for the kind words on my Creations @fastone371

I definitely don't mind people using my uploaded decals or I wouldn't have shared them but it is kinda crappy when they don't give you credit or even a like on them. I know not everyone will and like yourself I'm also guilty of this especially when I first started the game.

It happens to a lot of people in this game. I'm not someone who has a 1000 friends or followers and I honestly don't want that many people just for the sake of having them. But when someone has that many followers and takes your design then makes an exact clone without giving you any credit for the creation just so they get all the likes from their 1000 followers is sad. This is one reason why I've stopped sharing my creations and now I will only share them with friends only or I will create a special livery for my friends. This allows me to put a more personalized touch for that individual as well.

I honestly don't know why this bugs me so much but for some reason it does. Maybe because I work really hard on my livery's and they can take many of hours if not days to complete when starting from scratch.
Now I have copied other people's awesome livery's and added my own personal signature to them but they are for my personal use only and I won't & don't share them with anyone.

Thanks for the kind words on my Creations @fastone371

You have every right to feel that way, its like people are stealing them by not giving credit where credit is due. The only way people can get the liveries that you have done for me is if I share them, correct? I have not shared any liveries at all since none are of my own design, it just aint right.

Awesome, great work! Just gave it a try with some searches and it's already been quite helpful. It's certainly a lot better at delivering results than PD's own search engine. Will have to use it next time I'm looking for liveries, thanks again for your contribution. :)

Just blows my mind that PD are incapable of doing this to the point that a player has to do it.

Ouch, I was going to search for liveries for use in the upcoming FIA season. I wonder if PD is trying to block external search engines accessing their servers?

Oh dear, vicious conspiracy by Kaz? Didn't think about it... :lol:
Seriously, I'm constantly google-translating his tweets, he seems in big trouble with something but I have no idea if it's related to his GTS search engine.

Back