The PS VITA Thread - New '2000' Model

• Thread starter Robin
  • 680 comments
>We will never get a proper Gran Turismo game for PS Vita

:(

To be frank, did anyone actually want one? People still refuse to acknowledge GT PSP so I'm not sure people were exactly excited about it.

As for the Vita, Can't help but feel I saw this coming. The overall lack of interest in it (Couple with an unnecessary price tag and a crappy provider in AT&T) just held it back so much. Sony didn't really do enough to make it something people had to have.

Wow so soon. The problem with the Vita is it's an old technology in a modern world. Once the smartphone was born dedicated portable gaming machines days were numbered. The reason why the DS still holds market share is mostly to do with it's IP and characters.

As for a portable GT it would have likely just been a port of GT6 with slightly worse graphics and features, wouldn't have been all that enjoyable really. With streaming technology you can now play console games remotely. There really isn't a need for the game to be locally on the device anymore.

I'll still be looking to dedicated handhelds for my mobile gaming fix.

The smartphone supplements the mobile gaming experience, but the lack of buttons and a constant stream of OS updates that frequently render older apps non-functional prevents it from being completely satisfying on its own.

I don't think mobile gaming really killed the Vita. It was a mix of Sony's improper marketing (and subsequent neglectment and the shoddiness of most companies' attempts at AAA games (cough Black Ops: Declassified).

I'll use my Vita till the day it dies and then get another one. It's one of my most used consoles. Having said that I would like to have seen some more IPs make it to the Vita like GTA, GT, a good COD game.

There were also talks of a sequel to Golden Abyss as well as an Infamous Vita game that never saw the light of day.

I don't think mobile gaming really killed the Vita. It was a mix of Sony's improper marketing (and subsequent neglectment and the shoddiness of most companies' attempts at AAA games (cough Black Ops: Declassified).

I'll use my Vita till the day it dies and then get another one. It's one of my most used consoles. Having said that I would like to have seen some more IPs make it to the Vita like GTA, GT, a good COD game.

There were also talks of a sequel to Golden Abyss as well as an Infamous Vita game that never saw the light of day.

There have been a few gems on the Vita but most are rubbish or indie. A second Golden Abyss would have been great.
Wow so soon. The problem with the Vita is it's an old technology in a modern world. Once the smartphone was born dedicated portable gaming machines days were numbered. The reason why the DS still holds market share is mostly to do with it's IP and characters.

As for a portable GT it would have likely just been a port of GT6 with slightly worse graphics and features, wouldn't have been all that enjoyable really. With streaming technology you can now play console games remotely. There really isn't a need for the game to be locally on the device anymore.
We wouldnt even need a GT for the Vita. We should be able to stream GT sport directly to your vita. Yes, i do realise it wouldnt be portable but hopefully it should suffice. I would use this feature alot while my missus watches re-runs of one born every minute.

So let's grave dig this thread.

I realised that I actually owned around 30 games for a system I didn't have, thanks to PS+. So I took a leap and bought a second hand PSP yesterday.

Have to say that so far I'm actually quite impressed, gaming on phones has never done it for me (I need buttons) and this is a solid upgrade over the old PSP.

I realised that I actually owned around 30 games for a system I didn't have, thanks to PS+. So I took a leap and bought a second hand PSP yesterday.

Have to say that so far I'm actually quite impressed, gaming on phones has never done it for me (I need buttons) and this is a solid upgrade over the old PSP.
You managed to play Vita games on a PSP?! You wizard. :P

I got mine last Christmas and admittedly I've only played a few games but the ones I have done, I've enjoyed. It's just a shame Sony really ballsed up the support for the system.

You managed to play Vita games on a PSP?! You wizard. :P

I got mine last Christmas and admittedly I've only played a few games but the ones I have done, I've enjoyed. It's just a shame Sony really ballsed up the support for the system.
I'm magic, what can I say.

It's great not having to buy games and already having a massive library of stuff to play.

Almost worth it for Wipeout and Lumines alone.

Ive had one for a few years now. As Brend mentioned ore support for the system would be great. There are a couple of games I play on mine but mainly my 5yo son plays it. I mostly use mine for remote play while the other half (she would say the better half) watches the kardashians or other rubbish

Shameless bump. Go sue me.

Does anybody still uses this thing? I'm looking for multiplayer buddies for racing games (for now I'm limited to Ridge Racer and NFS MW2012, but I'm planning to get more in the future) that won't be completely random people and somebody I at least somewhat know.

As far as I remember, GTPSP's multiplayer is Ad-Hoc only. Which requires all players to be physically in the same location. An obvious no-go for me. :(
(I still prefer playing it on a PSP anyway)

Shameless bump. Go sue me.

Does anybody still uses this thing? I'm looking for multiplayer buddies for racing games (for now I'm limited to Ridge Racer and NFS MW2012, but I'm planning to get more in the future) that won't be completely random people and somebody I at least somewhat know.
I still have mine mostly use it for remote play but I do still play the odd game that comes with ps plus. I still have nfs also. add me if you want eyes_fried_open

Just downloaded WWE SmackDown vs RAW 2011 (I know it's super outdated, but keeps me occupied on long trips). I finished Undertaker RTWM and currently working on Christian. I'm also going for all unlockables!

Switch succeeds purely because it's a Nintendo console. It sold out on launch with almost no launch titles besides Zelda BotW.

Back