The PS4 FFB thread

• Thread starter mattikake
  • 97 comments
More testing;

My FFB is RAW, 85,90,85,50,15, same as other cars I've been using as a general setting now.

It seems FFB is completely non-existent for Oval IndyCars. I had a go the other day and the steering was so light there was nothing. There was not feel for anything. All I got was clipping under heavy load in the turns.

The FFB also doesn't work in terms of feedback for Formula Rookies. I can get a heavy steering wheel, but that is all. No tyre slip, no FX, no SoP.

I'm also not completely convinced SoP works for anything at all. I was trying a GT3 car in slippery conditions at several tracks - Brands, Algarve, Laguna - and although I could feel and catch rear wheel wheelspin, I couldn't feel anything for lateral traction, so I was often spinning when overall lateral grip was exceeded because of the lack of feedback for it. This was also the same for the Lotus 25 and the GT-One LMP9

I have Tone set to 50 which should be a 50/50 split between SoP and tyre slip? Or is that not so on RAW settings?

Isn’t RAW only for direct drive (high torque) wheels? All others supposed to use Immersive or Informative, which is the one that I use. Settings of 75/30/50/50 give me good road detail, good feedback about the tires losing traction, and firm tight feel around the center. I’m using the TX(same as T300).

Isn’t RAW only for direct drive (high torque) wheels? All others supposed to use Immersive or Informative, which is the one that I use. Settings of 75/30/50/50 give me good road detail, good feedback about the tires losing traction, and firm tight feel around the center. I’m using the TX(same as T300).
Raw is for any medium to high torque wheel.

I run raw with my T300 and find it better for me than either Immersive or Informative.

Yes well if it is for direct drive something is not right. I've tried Immersive and Informative and the result is the same, except the G29 wheel is even lighter and is feeble. RAW seems to be the only setting that gets close to PC1. RAW seems to work well for me. I get the feel, I get the wheel fighting me, canned FX are weak but I don't care about those. Even then I have to hold the wheel lightly.

More testing;

My FFB is RAW, 85,90,85,50,15, same as other cars I've been using as a general setting now.

It seems FFB is completely non-existent for Oval IndyCars. I had a go the other day and the steering was so light there was nothing. There was not feel for anything. All I got was clipping under heavy load in the turns.

The FFB also doesn't work in terms of feedback for Formula Rookies. I can get a heavy steering wheel, but that is all. No tyre slip, no FX, no SoP.

I'm also not completely convinced SoP works for anything at all. I was trying a GT3 car in slippery conditions at several tracks - Brands, Algarve, Laguna - and although I could feel and catch rear wheel wheelspin, I couldn't feel anything for lateral traction, so I was often spinning when overall lateral grip was exceeded because of the lack of feedback for it. This was also the same for the Lotus 25 and the GT-One LMP9

I have Tone set to 50 which should be a 50/50 split between SoP and tyre slip? Or is that not so on RAW settings?

I don't have any issue with Raw with the FR, plenty of detail, however I would agree that the Indy Oval cars are very light but not devoid of information (running with a T300)

You will also not get SoP with Raw, as those are canned effects and as such not part of Raw. SoP comes into play with the Immersive setting I believe.

My understanding of the set-up options:

RAW is the default for the T300 on PS4.

I can't live with Immersive or Informative. They're gutless. It feels like driving a learners fiat punto with the wibbly wobbly electric city steering enabled.

So it looks like I'm going to have to live without SoP throughout PC2 ownership? Damn. That's going to make getting close to WR times nigh impossible.

I was a fairly consistent front runner in PC1 because SoP worked, most of all because it gave you the confidence to push and hustle. There's no confidence with PC2. All I'm doing is just driving around being safe. At the moment on overall pace I'm seeing, I find I'm being reduced to either a consistent midfield runner or a backmarker with too many unfelt spins if I attempt to push the limit like a front runner. It's really tough on the Ego. :(

Back