The Race Cars of Gran Turismo 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gerarghini
  • 133 comments
  • 118,842 views
This Subaru press release sheds some light on the Forester RM:
October 1996: The Forester sets a new world record with an average speed of 180.082 km/h in a FIA certified, 24-hour endurance challenge.

1) On October 30, 1996, the Forester set the new world record for average speed in a 24-hour endurance race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway; the result was certified by the Federation Internationale de L'Automobile (FIA) as well as by the Automobile Competition Committee of the United States (ACCUS).
 
images (1).jpeg


Looks like it.
 
hi guys in this discussion I found this photo, I recognize them all but I've never seen that black skyline? second row, first right, can you tell me if I can find it? which model does it correspond to?
gt2-race-cars.jpg
 
hi guys in this discussion I found this photo, I recognize them all but I've never seen that black skyline? second row, first right, can you tell me if I can find it? which model does it correspond to?

It's the Skyline 25GT Turbo.
 
Going to repost here from the GTS classic livery replica thread due to relevance (re: C3 RM):

This got my attention as I kinda don't remember it. Decided to see if I could find what this RM and livery is based on and sure enough, Found it:

View attachment 1065337

So effectively, PD modeled The Corvette L88 and more specifically the one driven by James Garner.
1632254368420.png

Car in question.
 
Last edited:
One wierd observation, the 1985 Corolla Levin RM. I kept thinking it was like the #86 N2 Endurance Levin that I see a replica of on Speedhunters. But outside of the number, it looks more like this one.
1658512868174.png


1658512952981.png
 
hooooooooo finally some photos of the actual car!
 
The Alfa Romeo 156 Racing Modification found, the Group N Touring Car.
s-l1600.jpg
The one with carbon spoiler is actually a Super Touring car and the one with red spoiler is a group N car.
Also you can find the same livery in the fia super touring homologation.

156_1.jpg


156_2.jpg


So the gt2 racing modification of the 156 is about a generic Super touring
 
The red RM of the Nissan PRIMERA 2.0Te '95 is inspired from the Nissan Sunny JTCC car that raced in the 1994

1738947481898.png

1738947555430.png

1738947656271.png
 
Back