The Race Cars of Gran Turismo 2

• Thread starter Gerarghini
  • 127 comments
This Subaru press release sheds some light on the Forester RM:
October 1996: The Forester sets a new world record with an average speed of 180.082 km/h in a FIA certified, 24-hour endurance challenge.

1) On October 30, 1996, the Forester set the new world record for average speed in a 24-hour endurance race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway; the result was certified by the Federation Internationale de L'Automobile (FIA) as well as by the Automobile Competition Committee of the United States (ACCUS).

images (1).jpeg

Looks like it.

hi guys in this discussion I found this photo, I recognize them all but I've never seen that black skyline? second row, first right, can you tell me if I can find it? which model does it correspond to?
gt2-race-cars.jpg

Going to repost here from the GTS classic livery replica thread due to relevance (re: C3 RM):

This got my attention as I kinda don't remember it. Decided to see if I could find what this RM and livery is based on and sure enough, Found it:

View attachment 1065337

So effectively, PD modeled The Corvette L88 and more specifically the one driven by James Garner.
1632254368420.png

Car in question.

Last edited:
One wierd observation, the 1985 Corolla Levin RM. I kept thinking it was like the #86 N2 Endurance Levin that I see a replica of on Speedhunters. But outside of the number, it looks more like this one.
1658512868174.png

1658512952981.png

Back