The Racing Genre is back! Which games will you be getting and for what platform?

• Thread starter ICEYOU3
  • 31 comments

Which games will you be getting and for what platform?

• Gran Turismo 7 (PlayStation)

Votes: 32 64.0%
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed (PlayStation/Xbox/Switch/PC)

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • NASCAR 21' (PlayStation/Xbox/Switch/PC)

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • WRC 10 (PlayStation/Xbox/Switch/PC)

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown (PlayStation/Xbox/Switch/PC)

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Car X Street (PC)

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Need For Speed 22'

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Heading Out (PlayStation/Xbox/Switch/PC)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Forza Horizon 5 (Xbox/PC)

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • Grid Legends (PlayStation/Xbox/PC)

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters

ICEYOU3

(Banned)
United States
Selatapura, Usea
Definites

- Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)

- Hot Wheels Unleashed (PS5)

- NASCAR 21' (PS5)

- WRC 10 (PS5)

- Test Drive Unlimited (PS5)

Maybes

- Need For Speed 2022 (PS5, unless Criterion has already started on the game, I don't really see it dropping next year.)

- Car X Street (It all depends if there's a console release, which would suck if there wasn't)

- Grid Legends (PS5, we'll see about this one might pick it up on discount)

- Heading Out (PS5, looks good but don't care for it's B&W color palette. Hopefully the devs address that)

Nos

-
Forza Horizon 5 (Obviously the game looks 🔥, but I don't have anything that can run it lol)

Let me know if I missed any games below, looking forward to your responses.

The only one I can say I'm genuinely interested in, Hot Wheels. Majority of the returning games listed here all will have to be taken with a grain of salt until more information is released. Especially the more popular ones like GT, FH, and Need for Speed.

- Heading Out (PS5, looks good but don't care for it's B&W color palette. Hopefully the devs address that)
You're hoping they address something the entire game was developed around? That's the aesthetic they're going for, it wasn't an accidental oversight.

The only one I can say I'm genuinely interested in, Hot Wheels. Majority of the returning games listed here all will have to be taken with a grain of salt until more information is released. Especially the more popular ones like GT, FH, and Need for Speed.

You're hoping they address something the entire game was developed around? That's the aesthetic they're going for, it wasn't an accidental oversight.
Well have they already confirmed that B&W will be the only filter available in the game?

Last edited:
I hope. I can't imagine it being color will make it any more appealing than not.
I think it could be, maybe like an old movie film filter option but just in color with grainage, intentional screen tearing and artifacting.

GT7 but only if the GT5 version is much more than the GT7 PS4 version. Also it has to be compatible with the new PSVR2

for me GT7 & Hot Wheels Unleashed. If they have Car x Street on the PS5 then definitely. The rest are wait and see

Pretty much the only definite so far is Forza Horizon 5 since I'll be able to play it at launch on Game Pass without handing over more funds ;)

My next tier is games I'm looking forward to and will most likely purchase at (or near) release including Test Drive Unlimited 3, GRID Legends and Need For Speed 2022. Hot Wheels Unleashed is just on the edge of this category, but as more information has been revealed about it, I have become more interested.

Then there are games I'm not entirely sold on, but will wait on more information: CarX Street looks promising, but I'll wait for the game to launch and watch impressions before committing to a purchase.

The rest I don't have any plans to purchase. If I get my hands on a PS5, I'll consider GT7.

Last edited:
GT7 and WRC 10 are definitely on my list.

I have high hopes for test drive unlimited but I wana see how it is shaping up first, returning franchises after long breaks dont tend to do very well.

Would also love forza horizon or at least something to come out on playstation as I never buy more than one system.

Horizon 5 definitely. I also want TDU:SC to be good and give Horizon a much needed wakeup.

Hot Wheels looks interesting and signs point to what an authentic Hot Wheels game should be.

GT7 is off the list unless it comes to PC and NFS '22 desperately needs a fresh injection of life (or at least build on Heat).

Horizon 5 definitely. I also want TDU:SC to be good and give Horizon a much needed wakeup.

Hot Wheels looks interesting and signs point to what an authentic Hot Wheels game should be.

GT7 is off the list unless it comes to PC and NFS '22 desperately needs a fresh injection of life (or at least build on Heat).
Curious to know, why in your opinion is off about GT7?

Curious to know, why in your opinion is off about GT7?
Ever since Sony said it plans to bring more first-party titles to PC, I've been calling for GT7 to be one of them. If they don't bring GT7 to PC in order to continue pushing their "exclusivity" to consoles then there's no point in considering it.

kjb
for me GT7 & Hot Wheels Unleashed. If they have Car x Street on the PS5 then definitely. The rest are wait and see
Car X Street is definitely a throwback to NFS's heydays with Underground. Hope there's some Muscle in there and not just tuners.

They have some muscle cars in Car X drifting so I am sure they will have them in Car X Street. MUscle cars are part of that culture

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on some kind of comeback. WRC10 is the only title here I'm committed to, and I don't expect to fall head over heels for it. GT7 is the only other title of interest where I have a good idea of what to expect. TDU:SC is a big question mark.

I miss the genre as it stood in the '00s. Car X Street has only just now entered my radar (which has been zoomed in on my own work for months, to be quite honest). Maybe it will be more like what I've been waiting for? Until recently I thought those were just garden-variety drifting games for smartphones. I suppose that is one uphill battle for streetracing games nowadays.

Well we're seeing more arcade racers now, with Hot Wheels and TDU. And hopefully a return to form Gran Turismo, the next two years should be a great time to be a race fan.

I'll be waiting a while for that Circuit Superstars. That's if it'll ever come out after the testing.

Might get WRC 10.

Was on the Forza H train, but I think I'll hop off.

GT7. Waiting....

I didn't realise the racing genre had gone anywhere?

Anyway, Horizon 5 of course and WRC10 are my main interests for the upcoming slate of releases. Maybe NASCAR '21 but it depends on how good the reboot of the series is really.

FH5 is my only current upcoming racing game I'm 100% getting on launch day (PC). Hot Wheels Unleashed looks very promising but I'm holding out for reviews. NASCAR '21 is an unknown since they've only released a few screenshots and confirmed a livery editor, but if it seems like a decent package I will give it a go so I can at least get somewhat of an idea of what to expect from Motorsport Games.

I didn't realise the racing genre had gone anywhere?
Well compared to how spoiled we were during the 6th and 7th generations, it definitely went somewhere and now it's back. More in particular arcade racers, now all we need is a new Ridge Racer or Midnight Club for it to be truly back.

Last edited:
Back