The Ramones?Music 

crimson_menace
Not a fan of that type of muzak, emo is it not??

Unsure, but not bashing, or anything.
The Ramones are anything but emo.

The Ramones were America's dominant punkish band from the late '70s to the mid '80s. I say punk"ish" because while they played very fast, no-solo, 3-chord rock, they never had the "life sucks and I hate the world" attitude that characterizes real punk. They were actually a group of middle class kids from Long Island, New York. However, other than that they fit the punk genre pretty well, and definitely helped define it here.

Surfin' Bird is a Ramones song, but it's actually a cover of the original song by Minneapolis surf-garage band The Trashmen.

Ramones originals include the classics I Wanna Be Sedated, Cretin Hop, Blitzkrieg Bop, Sheena Is A Punk Rocker, and Rock and Roll High School, from the movie of the same name, among many others.

They were a great band. Gabba gabba hey!

I'm a big Ramones fan - I've got The Ramones, Rocket To Russia - always their best - and End Of The Century, all on vinyl.

R7CD06.jpg

Rock-Rock, Rock-a-way beach
Gonna hitch a ride to Rockaway Beach!

Ramones songs are so fun to play on my Strat.:)

The Ramones played Mosrites - same brand as the Ventures. But I could get a pretty good Johnny Ramone out of my Gibson L6, thanks to the oddball 6-poition pickup switch.

And yeah, blasting through 3-chord barres is the most fun you can have as a beginning guitarist. At least it was for me.

65reissue02.jpg

Back