The rarest car you've seen...

• Thread starter eliseracer
  • 447 comments
There might have been a thread out there but i couldn't find one. Alright, I've seen this on other boards, what is the rarest, most exotic, unique or most exclusive car you have ever seen ever in your life. I know some people have seen such exlusive cars as one of the two F50GTRs, anything. You name it. BTW, you have to say if it you saw it at a show/dealership, or on the streets.

Mine are:

-Mitsubishi Lancer Evo7 WRC (auto show)

-Ferrari Enzo (auto show)

-Mclaren F1 (streets of London).

I saw a McLaren on the streets of London while visiting. I also saw several XJ220s.

I've seen a boatload of Ferraris, up close and personal, because my neighbor at my previous house A) collects them, and B) hosted the Ferrari Club of America meeting on summer. So I got treated to a weekend of Ferraris, including an F40, growling and howling back and forth on our front road, which was a half mile long, dead straight, and with my house right in the middle of it.

You know, I saw a Countach in downtown Philly traffic once. I cannot imagine a more difficult and unsuited car for that terrain.

The Nissan R390 GT1 LM race car which finished 2nd at Le Mans. And Mika Hakinnen's McLaren from 1997. And a Porsche 911 GT1. Pretty rare... :D

Rarest on the road: two Countachs (one blue, one black), three F40s (all red) and a Cizeta-Moroder V16T (in a hideous purple).

A 512 tetsrossa i think, contach, 911 turbo cabloirate, porsche 911 gt2 and cant remember the rest but all in the streets but not at same time.

Hmm, the rarest. I've seen a Lotus Elise GT1, a Ferrari Enzo and many other rare cars at variouse motor shows. On the road I've seen several not so much rare but exotic cars such as a guy near me who owns a Diablo and theres a Murcielago that I see near my work sometimes. Theres too many for me to remeber or list but I've seen quite a few.

Here in Berkeley CA I have seen...

Lambo countach driven by a prof
jaguar e type
plenty of 911 933 turbo 4s
lotus espirit (rare in the states)
the cleanest black supra i have ever seen

In SF i have seen
Super Seven
lots of modenas

On the highway I have seen...
Viper new and old
A real shelby Cobra dont know what engine of course
and some yellow ferrari that i cannot remember at the moment but it was a nicer current model...

Oh here's a really good one:

Lamborghini Murcielago 40th Anniversary in its blue splendid glory, CF trimming and special wheels...

A Countach on the streets.

Ferrari Dino streets

Ford Model T
oh wait.. they made tonnes of them.

ok. GT40, one in the Gulf Colours, another in plain Grey with a yellow stripe - in london

oh, and the last two cars that broke the land-speed record - in the musuem of British motoring which is in my city :D

kind of fun as its free to get in, aside from loads of other cars you get to see the two fastest cars on earth for nothing.

Also the original Jaguar factory is about 15 minutes from where i live and there is a main road which they test all the new ones out, so i see them too.

:sly:

I've seen a couple Diablos, one was just a couple weeks ago. Yellow it was, at the bank. I see a 911 GT3 every once in a while, always the same one. And I've seen brand spankin' new Elise about six months ago. I later learned there's a Lotus dealer near my work.

I see Ferraris, Porches, AMG Benzes, BMW's of all types and ages all the time. I work in a very wealthy area. On my street I see crap cars, including my own. Except one guy down the street restores old cars. He's been working on a '62 Impala and it's looking good. I think his next project is hiding in the garage, a 67 Camaro.

Originally posted by milefile
And I've seen brand spankin' new Elise about six months ago. I later learned there's a Lotus dealer near my work.
To me this sounds really odd, because over here Elises old and new are seen every day. Mind you if I said I saw a Corvette Z06 or an old Stingray you'd probably say the same thing.

I see a Z06 every day, too. The guy works right next door to me, or rather, runs his own business right next door. Food distribution. Smells good sometimes.

Take your pic. I've been to Le Mans twice (in 1995 and 1998 - so McLaren F1's and F40 etc. and Nissan GT1 Toyota GT1 Mercedes CLK GTR, Porsche GT1 [side note, I was at the very race when the very first Porsche 911 GT1 made it's first debut - Brands Hatch 1996. It ran away and hid. I've still got the program for it somewhere, and I had jus forgotten what an amazing field they had back then]etc. etc.) and Goodwood Revival and Festival Of Speed several times. I've sat in the Harroads McLaren F1 (Le Mans 1995) and Marcos LM600 (1995 Le Mans). But hmmm....maybe the Gulf GT40, or Gulf Porsche 917. I've seen too many too list :D.
On the road...that's a lot more tricker. I've seen tones.

Originally posted by wee_man
Take your pic. I've been to Le Mans twice (in 1995 and 1998 - so McLaren F1's and F40 etc. and Nissan GT1 Toyota GT1 Mercedes CLK GTR, Porsche GT1 [side note, I was at the very race when the very first Porsche 911 GT1 made it's first debut - Brands Hatch 1996. It ran away and hid. I've still got the program for it somewhere, and I had jus forgotten what an amazing field they had back then]etc. etc.) and Goodwood Revival and Festival Of Speed several times. I've sat in the Harroads McLaren F1 (Le Mans 1995) and Marcos LM600 (1995 Le Mans). But hmmm....maybe the Gulf GT40, or Gulf Porsche 917. I've seen too many too list :D.
On the road...that's a lot more tricker. I've seen tones.

Ok mister.. got some pics?.. I want to see them...

Originally posted by live4speed
To me this sounds really odd, because over here Elises old and new are seen every day. Mind you if I said I saw a Corvette Z06 or an old Stingray you'd probably say the same thing.

Kinda strange, but I get it. Actually, federalized Elises aren't going to be around till April in America. BUT a while ago, Lotus had a new Elise touring around the country to act as a test driver, hitting the big Lotus dealers along the way.

I've spotted an Esprit

Recently 2 show-going Lamborghini Gallardos

A Salleen S7 (dark red).

Originally posted by GTJugend
Ok mister.. got some pics?.. I want to see them...

Sure thing :D.
I'll have to rummage around for the older pics, but striaght off from the Goodwood 2003 pics from my computer here you go :)....

Attachments

• gulf gt40.jpg
    gulf gt40.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 178
A very sad event this. If you look hard:
Ferrari P3 (green David Piper car - right off)
Corvette Stingray
Lola T70 spyder
Lotus thingy climax (not sure which one)
Ferrari 275LM

Attachments

• pile up @ chicane.jpg
    pile up @ chicane.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 179
For those who don't know, this is a pre WW2 race car which use to race at Brooklyns (spealt wrong i know, but I'm sure Famine will correct me ;)) calle the Napier Railton. Very very rare car. 24 litre engine I think.
I'll try and put the Festival of speed and Le Mans pics on the pc.
Also I've remembered that I've seen both an F40 and F50 down at something called teh Brighton speed trials. It's a quater mile run, drag. Just going for times. Both of them ran. Can't remember what times they got.

Attachments

• napier railton.jpg
    napier railton.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 165
Yes. It's Brooklands.

New rule - if you haven't seen a Cizeta-Moroder V16T, you suck... :D

Originally posted by wee_man
(spealt wrong i know, but I'm sure Famine will correct me ;))
Correction SPELT not spealt. Not to be picky but I thought that was funny.

I know I did it on purpose :rolleyes: :P . It's been a waay too long a day. Plus I'm trying to do physics coursework at the same time. Not going well.
I swear that's the second time you've corrected me on Brooklands Famine. Where would I be without you :P.
What happens if you've seen two Cizeta-Moroder V16T :D .

Latest Posts

Back