• Thread starter rosckolove
  • 469 comments
United States
Pennsylvania
dayofwar2009
PSN#2 Roob_OG
The "Real" Ring Masters Challenge

At The Nordschleife

This is a challenge for the fastest and most consistent Nurburgring drivers in existence. If you think you have what it takes, I welcome you to give this a try, and see how you match up against "The Real Ring Masters"

General Information:
Each round of this competition will take one week to complete. There are going to be two parts to each round: Qualifying, and The Race/Races. After each rounds completion I will release two sets of regulations for the following round. The winner of the previous round will choose between the two sets of regulations for the upcoming round.

Part 1: Will consist of qualifying. You must record and make available a video of yourself running the fastest lap you are capable of. Your lap time will determine your starting grid position in the race (part 2)

Part 2: The Race/Races. The best of the best will compete against each other in an epic race to the checkered flag. To win you have to be Fast and Consistent. You will be, a Ring Master.

Rules: GTP's OLR will be the standard for both qualifying and the race. Any lap submitted for qualifying that does not meet the OLR standard will not be considered. Any instance of someone breaking one of the rules in the race will be dealt with accordingly after the race.

All aids off except ABS 1
Grip on Real
Qualyfying lap can be run on, or offline as they are now the same.
A Flying lap will be the standard.

This week we will be running the Corvette ZR1

Weight 1320 KG
HP 638
Sport Softs.

You can do whatever you want to meet the specs. Tuning allowed.

This is not an official round, more of a test. But it will function as a real round would.

Rough draft Not finished, any idea's/comments?

Last edited:
That's a quick one :D I am going to look forward for Saturday race, come on wheel drivers who were so vigorous for a race to proof the claim by a pad driver, don't stay in silence, I want to see great outcome from this. Does alien wheel driver can be beaten by pad driver who practice HARD ? :D

Like I said before. I use a pad. These are my best lap times at 550pp.
Corvette z06: 6 33
Bmw m3 csl: 6 32
Audi r8: 6 31
Lexus lfa: 6 27

I will post more times through this weekend hopfully. Lookin 4wood to anyone who wants to race me and my friends

I'm only posting the fastest lap acheived for each car, kyzachief has done a 30 flat in the zo6 i think. I need to get his miura time also. Hasn't someone done 29's atleast in the r8?

The little pad that can, on racing softs.. Indeed it can on capable hands.

How does stock Yellowbird (on its stock tyres) sound to you Ring masters?

JvM

That would be epic, I would love to race with such a combination. I don't think I've done it before (memory is hazy), but I can tell that would be a great combo. :D

JvM

May I suggest you try and beat them, you will find its not easy.

Sounds horrible, I hate that car even on racing softs. But hey.... Submit your best lap, I'll accept ALMOST any challenge.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to think up some rules for this, as i don't care what a shimmenwagon can do around the nurb. I'll let ya know.

I'm only posting the fastest lap acheived for each car, kyzachief has done a 30 flat in the zo6 i think. I need to get his miura time also. Hasn't someone done 29's atleast in the r8?

I know for sure that kizachief has done 6 28 in the miura, I seen him 6 31 in the shelby series super charger (wich is the fastest I've seen by anyone so far), I met a guy who did 6 28 in a nissan gtr and a german guy called scrazor did 6 26 in an audi r8

scrazor claimed that he did a 24.. i sent him an r8 that he promised to set up for me and he never got back to be, as far as i'm concerned its B.S. He needs to prove it. I'm not going to post any more lap times until saturday most likely anyway. I'm not gonna let this get cluttered with unworthy laps.

scrazor claimed that he did a 24.. i sent him an r8 that he promised to set up for me and he never got back to be, as far as i'm concerned its B.S. He needs to prove it. I'm not going to post any more lap times until saturday most likely anyway. I'm not gonna let this get cluttered with unworthy laps.

My friend, DC86 said he seen scrazor do 6 26. Don't know if that counts or not

Seeing isn't good enough.. I ran him once and he did nothing impressive.

Glad to see it continue!

Its actually very good this all turned out the way it did, gives me something to do in a game i love but was just getting a bit stale.
Some good old TT's and just to see where you come against everyone else.
Plus i could do with the practice at the Nurb, already 5 secs faster than i was just a couple of days ago.

Funny how things pan out!

I'm not gonna let this get cluttered with unworthy laps.

Interesting. I'm sure you realise that for me and many, it already is.
Until some validation is recieved of course. 👍

JvM

I suggest you read the thread I linked.
Good luck.

You are free to not partake at all also 👍

@phil, see man 5 seconds in one day, just keep at it. And this could turn into something very fun... it could.

JvM

I would pretty much put money on it that he is very fast and has done at least one 6.27.

That or he and a few others are setting themselves up for a big fall.

My moneys on the former!

What time you all racing on Saturday?

Last edited:
I would pretty much put money on it that he is very fast and has done at least one 6.27.

That or he and a few others are setting themselves up for a big fall.

My moneys on the former!

What time you all racing on Saturday?

I can't say really, I have a Spot Race on the nurb this saturday, You guys should all join up, they have enough to start a small 2nd lounge already.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=265712

You will need to be hitting under 6:40's to have a chance at pole position for lounge #1 ;)

Last edited:
I thought there was going to be a bmw race on Saturday, or is that Sunday. Oh well, looking forward to seeing the 6'27 replay all the same.

I thought there was going to be a bmw race on Saturday, or is that Sunday. Oh well, looking forward to seeing the 6'27 replay all the same.

I will for sure race saturday in my Beamer, but I also have to do this spotrace. Thats why I said you guys should join :)

The race on sunday was a 1v1, and the guy backed out of it. Girlfiend time or something :rolleyes:

I was under the impression we were going to have a CSL 550pp race on the weekend.
We can have a 1v1 and then your mates can join since quite a few can run sub 6'30 and I wanted to experience that also.

I can pretty much garuntee that come the weekend I should be able to pop out a sub 6'30 myself so Im sure you will drive away from me, but hopefully I can have a good race with the rest of your mates.

Considering the immense time difference between our countries You will need to have the race before my Sunday is over as I work during the week (I could race weeknights too, but lets get this knocked over on the weekend so you can gain your credibility) So say before 11:00 GMT Sunday.

I was under the impression we were going to have a CSL 550pp race on the weekend.
We can have a 1v1 and then your mates can join since quite a few can run sub 6'30 and I wanted to experience that also.

I can pretty much garuntee that come the weekend I should be able to pop out a sub 6'30 myself so Im sure you will drive away from me, but hopefully I can have a good race with the rest of your mates.

Considering the immense time difference between our countries You will need to have the race before my Sunday is over as I work during the week (I could race weeknights too, but lets get this knocked over on the weekend so you can gain your credibility) So say before 11:00 GMT Sunday.

All of my time saturday will be going to racing with you guys as long as I can still get this spotrace in (join it will be fun)

I also think you will be getting into the 20's, and I doubt I will run away because 6:30 is still my most common lap, regardless of my best. and I'm rusty at that spec anyway.

And the 1v1 was set up separately from all of this. And it was between another player and I. He backed out of the race as soon as it became apparent that I wasn't lying. You can just race with us, no reason to do a 1v1.

I was the original person to challenge your time and you stated you would race on Saturday. Prove yourself against me in a lobby 1v1 on this CSL.

I'm not doing this Nurburgring spot race at a drop of hat as I have been practicing the CSL for days now. The CSL is suppose to be your best car with you having months and months of effort in it, compared to my 3 nights. What are you worried about?

All of my time saturday will be going to racing with you guys as long as I can still get this spotrace in (join it will be fun)

I also think you will be getting into the 20's, and I doubt I will run away because 6:30 is still my most common lap, regardless of my best. and I'm rusty at that spec anyway.

And the 1v1 was set up separately from all of this. And it was between another player and I. He backed out of the race as soon as it became apparent that I wasn't lying. You can just race with us, no reason to do a 1v1.

Incorrect . Posting untrue and false information will see you have problems here .

Just for the record I said :

TJC_69
Sorry to dissapoint you , but i'm seeing my girlfriend on Sunday now . She's much more sexy and amusing than you ... plus i'd rather rip out my eyes and rub them over a cheesegrater then sit in a lounge with you for longer than a minute

Hope we're quite clear on that.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7768050#post7768050

I wasn't going to post here , I was just browsing the thread . Please get your facts straight before posting and trying to make yourself look good .

Thanks 👍

Oh, my bad TJC. Just thought the timing was a little ironic, all you have to do is scroll up a little in that link you posted to see what I mean. My mistake though, won't happen again :)

Actually Looking back, I stated nothing but the truth. It did become apparent, view the thread please.
And thats when you backed out. I never stated Why you backed out, just when.

Last edited:
Back