The Realistic Photo Thread (READ OP BEFORE POSTING)

• Thread starter ECGadget
  • 8,940 comments
DaytonaRoadCourse.jpg

fe7Londoncopy.jpg

Thanx Nic!:tup:I can never take full credit, as everyone here has influenced my photos. Two years ago, I never heard of Photoshop. You guys raised me on this thread. I never left.

I am proof it can be done.

That said, when YOU say 'It's Good', It's gonna be the greatest of days! Bless You Nic!!!:gtpflag:

It's been a while since I posted in here. I guess I'll share a few edits that I just made yesterday (after a week and a half of not taking any pics on GT6). I tried a different approach with GIMP on a few of them. Tell me how you like them.

Mostly Bugatti shots and one Honda Insight shot (because why not). I have other Bugatti shots that I may edit in another set.
Circuito de la Sierra_106.png
Circuito de la Sierra_92.png
Circuito de la Sierra_96.png
Circuito de la Sierra_104.png
Circuito de la Sierra_101.png
Special Stage Route 5_11.png
Circuito de la Sierra_102.png

Oh and two GT-R pics
Nürburgring Nordschleife_86 ver 2.png
Nürburgring Nordschleife_83 11.png

very very nice for unedited. how did you get the filter if unedited on the first one?
very very nice for unedited. how did you get the filter if unedited on the first one?
Its a simple trick that works really well - the purple cross process filter (#3) on a 100% wet track, weather 0% (so it's sunny), then follow a car which is kicking up spray. Then photograph in a place where shadows and sunlight can be seen in the spray.
I used this trick for these two comp winners:

...and this winner too, but without the purple filter:

The spray can make it look foggy as in the last shot, it can be its own filter and dumb down the garish GT colours - as in shot 1, and it can add textures - as in the second shot. Then you need to mess around with the EV - whack it up to dial out the dark purples. It almost has a Lomo effect. Try it, it works a treat!!! Just be careful with the car colour though - some colours just do not work!!

Oh, and there's this one:

https://flic.kr/p/oKGPzg

This uses the same trick but with the partial colour filter. I liked the way it kept the colour in the spray. While it's not that realistic, the effect is certainly dynamic.👍
https://flic.kr/p/oKGPzg
Hope that all helps/make sense.:)

Back