The Realistic Photo Thread (READ OP BEFORE POSTING)

• Thread starter ECGadget
  • 8,940 comments
I hope you like this:
bpM9vJtekck.jpg
NoecpryF7qo.jpg
lxLCJZSgHmY.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks that those heavily edited pics don't look realistic at all? They are artistic, but not realistic. :cheers:

For me, I always enjoy a good non-edit. That said, only a precious few can pull it off correctly.

Same with the edited photos. (I'm still 50/50. I'm not great, but I don't totally suck.)

When I look at these examples below, they provide more that a 5 second thrill.

They make me think. (Why am I so terrible? Go practice!)

They make me applaud. (I've never seen a sky so blue. And real!)

They inspire. (My next shot is going to kill them ALL!:D Maybe.)

They enrage. (How they do DAT!!!:grumpy: AHHHHHHHHH, It's beautiful!!!:dopey:)

Most of all, if you look closer, they provide emotions, a closeness to the artist that can be felt without ever speaking to them. These edits freaking talk, no, scream to be enjoyed. And I embrace ALL artists, because we all have a story to tell.

It's escapism at it's finest from these guys, you gotta swallow the blue pill, and free your mind. Then you WILL wear NBs' Abarth 1500 set like a new mink coat.

You WILL ride along with Baggist74 as he takes turns in the BM. He may even let you play with the radio!

Just as I never get enough of Proby, & Andreas' and others non-edit styles.👍👍👍

I'm sure the unedited versions of these shots would be just as terrific. But, then you'd have to stop at the PS3, when there is a deeper story to be told. For some, that story is somewhere outside the 'box'.

Try not to chastise those who follow their hearts artistically. Embrace the differences. (Unless the shot sucks).

We are all big boys that take pictures of fake cars here. If you get all serious, you will go insane.:banghead:

52 billion ways to express reality here. (I did the math) You WILL go insane. Every con has a pro.

It's subjective. That's why it never ends (The threads)...52 Billion ways.:cheers:

I just wanna lay on this hood...

The ride of a lifetime. Beautuful view.

My tongue is hanging out!!! Just the total show here!!! NUUUUUUX!!!

Balls to the walls!!! Real!

As you can see my MP4 shots were inspired by your work :) Can I ask you something? Are your Mclaren pictures edited? And did you paint the wheels? Because mine don't reflect light the same as yours.

Those shots I used Lightroom to edit the lighting. The wheels are painted Chrome and the body painted Azure. Not much else editing that I can remember. The room was foggy and so is my memory! LOL!

}:^{>

Those shots I used Lightroom to edit the lighting. The wheels are painted Chrome and the body painted Azure. Not much else editing that I can remember. The room was foggy and so is my memory! LOL!

}:^{>
Thank you, I've imagined that they were painted chrome but sadly I don't have it :( I have gold chrome and other three I don't remember but not that one you used.

For me, I always enjoy a good non-edit. That said, only a precious few can pull it off correctly.

Same with the edited photos. (I'm still 50/50. I'm not great, but I don't totally suck.)

When I look at these examples below, they provide more that a 5 second thrill.

They make me think. (Why am I so terrible? Go practice!)

They make me applaud. (I've never seen a sky so blue. And real!)

They inspire. (My next shot is going to kill them ALL!:D Maybe.)

They enrage. (How they do DAT!!!:grumpy: AHHHHHHHHH, It's beautiful!!!:dopey:)

Most of all, if you look closer, they provide emotions, a closeness to the artist that can be felt without ever speaking to them. These edits freaking talk, no, scream to be enjoyed. And I embrace ALL artists, because we all have a story to tell.

It's escapism at it's finest from these guys, you gotta swallow the blue pill, and free your mind. Then you WILL wear NBs' Abarth 1500 set like a new mink coat.

You WILL ride along with Baggist74 as he takes turns in the BM. He may even let you play with the radio!

Just as I never get enough of Proby, & Andreas' and others non-edit styles.👍👍👍

I'm sure the unedited versions of these shots would be just as terrific. But, then you'd have to stop at the PS3, when there is a deeper story to be told. For some, that story is somewhere outside the 'box'.

Try not to chastise those who follow their hearts artistically. Embrace the differences. (Unless the shot sucks).

We are all big boys that take pictures of fake cars here. If you get all serious, you will go insane.:banghead:

52 billion ways to express reality here. (I did the math) You WILL go insane. Every con has a pro.

It's subjective. That's why it never ends (The threads)...52 Billion ways.:cheers:

I just wanna lay on this hood...

The ride of a lifetime. Beautuful view.

My tongue is hanging out!!! Just the total show here!!! NUUUUUUX!!!

Balls to the walls!!! Real!
"He may even let you play with the radio!"
LOL:lol:
P.S.:Absolutely agree with you!

Well said @Momo and thanks for the compliment.:cheers:

As the title of the thread suggests, that this is the (realistic) thread.

Every artist has his or hers take on realism, and they express this through editing, or perhaps taking shots straight from the game.

One thing we all must remember is that we all have different capabilities, so sometimes we could use a little help and advice from the pro's.

Nobody learns how to do this in day, it's why we constantly evolve by trying something different.

Dino vs 2000GT by proby458, on Flickr
Syracuse_15.jpg by proby458, on Flickr
Syracuse_12.jpg by proby458, on Flickr

Back