The Realistic Photo Thread (READ OP BEFORE POSTING)

• Thread starter ECGadget
  • 8,940 comments
There's a difference between "good" and "realistic" and this thread was once created for realistic pics.
I think @WeeblBull did a nice job with the pictures and I would say they qualified as realistic. The filter or the focus or whatever, it made it work for me. I thought the out of focus bits around the car were good because of the cloud of snow, it made it all seem a bit more "blowy" I guess, can't really put words on it. I thought it was good though, I think it qualifies for this forum. I know what you mean though, like a certain Mitsubishi Evo on the bottom of page 52 (no offense @Ariesps its sweet but it belongs in artistic).

It's just that the focus isn't realistic, not saying it looks bad.
It feels like everyone is dropping their pictures here, because they think it looks decent and it's annoying me a bit.
There are enough good edited and unedited approaches fortunately, but rules which apply to real photography should also apply here. Otherwise the whole thread becomes a farce.

Gotta admit that the Delta shots are by far not the worst examples though.

It's just that the focus isn't realistic, not saying it looks bad.
It feels like everyone is dropping their pictures here, because they think it looks decent and it's annoying me a bit.
There are enough good edited and unedited approaches fortunately, but rules which apply to real photography should also apply here. Otherwise the whole thread becomes a farce.

Gotta admit that the Delta shots are by far not the worst examples though.

I couldn't agree more!
However, everyone has a different perception of realism, or so it seems.

That's why we got the Ultra Realistic thread, I just wish it was more popular! Just gotta remember that not everyone here is a real photographer and I don't know if its fair to expect that everyone knows the rules. In the Delta case I think its fine cus of the snow, the edited especially. If it wasn't snow or maybe even dirt I think the focus becomes a problem, but yeah, that's all I gotta say lol. :cheers:

Thanks NB!!! Love your whole set.:drool::D The 'Vettes...:drool:👍

SHAFT!!! Welcome to the Octagon. Your vehicles are soul crushing!:drool: Perfect! 'Dat 'Range is my fave!:drool:

Andrea, you bring that stark rawness to the table.:drool:👍👍 Well played! My 2nd Toyota shot is a monument to your style. Hope you approve.;)

I think @WeeblBull did a nice job with the pictures and I would say they qualified as realistic. The filter or the focus or whatever, it made it work for me. I thought the out of focus bits around the car were good because of the cloud of snow, it made it all seem a bit more "blowy" I guess, can't really put words on it. I thought it was good though, I think it qualifies for this forum. I know what you mean though, like a certain Mitsubishi Evo on the bottom of page 52 (no offense @Ariesps its sweet but it belongs in artistic).

No problem mate! In fact, you 're right. That shot would fit better in other post, but thought lighting and toning was realistic enough.. :cheers:

Last edited:
1copy_zps05a909f8.jpg

Back