The realistic race photo thread (READ OP - NO SCAPES)

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 1,848 comments
Gran Turismo® 7_20220309235102.jpg

3f28d8cc970ade7ab04cbc69f8c2e455_photo.webp

Having skipped GT6 and Sports (just bought a PS4 Pro and this game today lol), I really need to learn everything again. Just tested using manual with all aids off and I really SUCKED.

Also, jeez! Downloading pictures and screenshots is a hassle. They couldn't just let us do it from the PS app.

Last edited:
Both taken on a normal PS4 Slim. These were just 2 pictures I saw that felt the most natural. There's probably a few more on my pc right now that fit this thread, but I don't feel like looking for them right now.
Gran Turismo® 7_20220312153455.png

I actually just made this my new PC wallpaper.
Ford Shelby GT350R - Trial Mountain 4.png

Last edited:
How did you get these high quality pics? Mine are blurry and in smaller resolution.
I got them by adjusting the aperture (the F-rating you should see on the top right of the photo mode screen) and shutter speed. The shutter speed is there of course to give a sense of speed if you want to show the car in motion. I love action shots, so I usually stick within using 1/60 or 1/125 depending on the situation.

However, the aperture is what reduces the blur within the backgrounds. I'm not fully sure how it works myself of course, but from what I guessed; the higher the F-rating it is, the less blurry everything is. A safe rating most of the time for me is f/22.0.

I got them by adjusting the aperture (the F-rating you should see on the top right of the photo mode screen) and shutter speed. The shutter speed is there of course to give a sense of speed if you want to show the car in motion. I love action shots, so I usually stick within using 1/60 or 1/125 depending on the situation.

However, the aperture is what reduces the blur within the backgrounds. I'm not fully sure how it works myself of course, but from what I guessed; the higher the F-rating it is, the less blurry everything is. A safe rating most of the time for me is f/22.0.
Okay thanks.

And how do you usually download the pictures? The resolutions aren't really good if I download it from the GT web.

Okay thanks.

And how do you usually download the pictures? The resolutions aren't really good if I download it from the GT web.
I mainly use the screenshot feature on my PS4, but I of course had to change the file format to png first for the photos to keep their quality. The first time I took screenshots this way with jpeg, they looked jaggy.

To change the format to png, you first press the share button on your PS4 (if you're playing on that), then go to screenshot settings, then you select the image format, and you switch it to png. After that, your screenshots should be high quality.

EDIT: After doing those things, you can copy the pictures to a usb flash drive you have lying around. Then upload the pictures to your computer from the flash drive.

Last edited:
I mainly use the screenshot feature on my PS4, but I of course had to change the file format to png first for the photos to keep their quality. The first time I took screenshots this way with jpeg, they looked jaggy.

To change the format to png, you first press the share button on your PS4 (if you're playing on that), then go to screenshot settings, then you select the image format, and you switch it to png. After that, your screenshots should be high quality.

EDIT: After doing those things, you can copy the pictures to a usb flash drive you have lying around. Then upload the pictures to your computer from the flash drive.
Thank you! I was wondering why all my screenshots looked jaggy.

Also, jeez! Downloading pictures and screenshots is a hassle. They couldn't just let us do it from the PS app.
It's coming soon, they've rolled it out in the US and Germany recently and soft launched in Japan and Canada. Going to roll out to more territories over the coming month or so. Will make it much easier to just share then go to the app instead of having to upload to Twitter.

Last edited:
It's coming soon, they've rolled it out in the USand Germany recently and soft launched in Japan and Canada. Going to roll out to more territories over the coming month or so. Will make it much easier to just share then go to the app instead of having to upload to Twitter.
Nice. Thanks for the info.

Back