The realistic race photo thread (READ OP - NO SCAPES)

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 1,852 comments
Different screens with different specs/settings tend to do that. :D
True, but I see a big difference between the composed image in Photomode and the resulting photo (which ought to be exactly as I've set it up) on the same screen... basically, what I'm saying is that I can get a car looking exactly as I want it, but the resulting photo is completely different, even before considering all the issues with transferring.

True, but I see a big difference between the composed image in Photomode and the resulting photo (which ought to be exactly as I've set it up) on the same screen... basically, what I'm saying is that I can get a car looking exactly as I want it, but the resulting photo is completely different, even before considering all the issues with transferring.
Hm. That’s interesting

Hm. That’s interesting
Yeh, it's also very irritating. I used Photomode a lot in GT Sport so I do think there's something has changed and it's not just me being an idiot. I noticed it especially with rear lights - in Photomode itself they can look shiny and realistic, but when the photo is taken the colours are completely washed out and don't look anything like the 'live' shot.

Now, I can ultimately end up with a shot that looks more like what I intended, but only by altering the 'live' image so drastically that it's basically a lottery and involves endless tweaking of parameters until you get something that resembles what you want.

The problem is of course further compounded by the numerous (and frankly inexplicable) problems in getting the shots off the console (or even the GT7 webpage) without noticable changes.

BTW I can move these posts into a different relevant thread in a bit so as to clean up your thread if you want, let me know and I'll shift them over.

52021987971_223dd9dac4_k.jpg

52022239484_41eb291c97_k.jpg

52022023408_600de69485_k.jpg

Yeh, it's also very irritating. I used Photomode a lot in GT Sport so I do think there's something has changed and it's not just me being an idiot. I noticed it especially with rear lights - in Photomode itself they can look shiny and realistic, but when the photo is taken the colours are completely washed out and don't look anything like the 'live' shot.

Now, I can ultimately end up with a shot that looks more like what I intended, but only by altering the 'live' image so drastically that it's basically a lottery and involves endless tweaking of parameters until you get something that resembles what you want.

The problem is of course further compounded by the numerous (and frankly inexplicable) problems in getting the shots off the console (or even the GT7 webpage) without noticable changes.

BTW I can move these posts into a different relevant thread in a bit so as to clean up your thread if you want, let me know and I'll shift them over.
No no it’s all good, if anything a copy of the posts to the export thread but I don’t mind some off-topic chat.

And I also noticed (in Sport too) the rear lights when lit up light up more than the parts that should light up after rendering. Super annoying. I used to render two shots, one with lights on and one off. Then edit them together.

I also have noticed brightness (and some detail) changes when you zoom in a render. Weird stuff.

No no it’s all good, if anything a copy of the posts to the export thread but I don’t mind some off-topic chat.

And I also noticed (in Sport too) the rear lights when lit up light up more than the parts that should light up after rendering. Super annoying. I used to render two shots, one with lights on and one off. Then edit them together.

I also have noticed brightness (and some detail) changes when you zoom in a render. Weird stuff.
There is indeed too much glare in the final rendered image. There is a simple solution for that actually, you just need to set glare in effects at -50 and the image will look similar to the image before the render.
glare at 0

glare at -30 (close to what i saw before the render)

Here is a example how it looks compared to gameplay
gameplay vs photomode without adjustments

There is indeed too much glare in the final rendered image. There is a simple solution for that actually, you just need to set glare in effects at -50 and the image will look similar to the image before the render.
glare at 0

glare at -30 (close to what i saw before the render)

Here is a example how it looks compared to gameplay
gameplay vs photomode without adjustments

Oh I’m not talking about glare, but yes that too

18055953b7178-screenshotUrl.png

PS5, RT mode

@Touring Mars Are you on PS5 running Frame rate mode? I have noticed a small difference between what is in the preview and what the shot comes out like, and I assumed it was the game doing finer calculations on the ray tracing giving a slightly different look. I wonder if your in Frame rate mode, it does no ray traced calculations until you pull the trigger, giving a much greater discrepancy from the preview? Just a thought.

Last edited:
Back