The reflection photos thread

Brazil
Curitiba
Ray tracing is a major feature available in the PlayStation 5 version and I have been having a blast taking pictures in angles and situations that exploit acurate reflections in puddles, other cars, maybe parts of a car being reflected by itself and so on. It gets quite addictive.

In this thread, I invite you all to share your photos exploiting the common place physics of optics and geometry now being synthesized in real time before your eyes.

PS4 players (or PS5 players with RTX off for some reason?) can also take part in this. Although PS4's version lacks the ray tracing feature, the game still simulates reflections and if you are creative enough to make something look nice with simpler screen space reflections in play, well, we'll be all the more impressed by that!

It would be cool if you disclose which console you are running in your post: PS4 Base, PS4 Pro or PS5 Raytracing!

Last edited:
PS5 Raytracing

rGwfdH.png

rGwPix.png

rGPHea.png

rGPlye.png
rGPVe7.png

Last edited:
I just wish my PS5 rt looked as good as it does on my PC. I also wish it was active while racing. Maybe the next version will be better.

Would be better if it was feasible to leave it on while racing, but, to be fair, I don't think people would really notice. I know I don't miss it while driving.
You can't miss what you never had and never lost. It adds a lot to the immersion though actually.
Things like dash lights reflecting off windows and the visor, casting glow on the gloves and wheel at night. After fire reflections, and on wet pavement.
Once you have it in other games you want it in this one too. 😉

You can't miss what you never had and never lost. It adds a lot to the immersion though actually.
Things like dash lights reflecting off windows and the visor, casting glow on the gloves and wheel at night. After fire reflections, and on wet pavement.
Once you have it in other games you want it in this one too. 😉
Depends on what you are looking for while racing. I, and I'm sure most people as well, choose to look for the next apex, not the dash bouncing difuse light everywhere.

Back