The Renault Alpine- official pics of the new A110

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 512 comments
Alpine really likes those crossed out headlights...

I never understood what purpose was served back then by putting tape in that kind of pattern across the Headlights.

Is this also meant to be a production car? This things looks nearly ready to shed the livery and be sold next to Meganes.

Is this also meant to be a production car? This things looks nearly ready to shed the livery and be sold next to Meganes.

Well, Alpine hasn't really said anything in that regard, even though the car looks almost ready to get built in a factory. There is the fact that no one knows what engine powers this concept, however...

Renders by RM Design showing what the production model could look like
18589515028_a485a7b7a0_o.jpg

18772345322_111f195456_o.jpg

Renders by RM Design showing what the production model could look like
18589515028_a485a7b7a0_o.jpg

18772345322_111f195456_o.jpg

If it looked like that, I sure wouldn't mind. The design is very solid and good-looking, while it does a good job of bringing back the old design cues from the A110 and the A110-50. It's a bit beefier, that has to be said, but nevertheless elegant enough.

If it looked like that, I sure wouldn't mind. The design is very solid and good-looking, while it does a good job of bringing back the old design cues from the A110 and the A110-50. It's a bit beefier, that has to be said, but nevertheless elegant enough.

From the images it does look quite big, but it could be down to the angles. I hope it doesn't end up being larger than a Porsche Cayman.

From the images it does look quite big, but it could be down to the angles. I hope it doesn't end up being larger than a Porsche Cayman.

I don't think Alpine would go for that, if they want to challenge Porsche, they need to start small, then make the bigger cars. And if it is priced better than the Cayman, well... It could sell like hot cakes, I reckon.

I don't think Alpine would go for that, if they want to challenge Porsche, they need to start small, then make the bigger cars. And if it is priced better than the Cayman, well... It could sell like hot cakes, I reckon.

I originally thought the 60th Anniversary concept was supposed to preview a rival for the likes of the Lotus Elise and Alfa Romeo 4C but it does look heavier and easier to live with. I guess Alpine is targeting a slightly different market.

I originally thought the 60th Anniversary concept was supposed to preview a rival for the likes of the Lotus Elise and Alfa Romeo 4C but it does look heavier and easier to live with. I guess Alpine is targeting a slightly different market.

Perhaps they are thinking to go upscale, and attempt to challenge bigger names such as Porsche and perhaps other higher-end sports car brands. If that will be the case, then Alpine will need a proper engine to challenge that sort of market...

Perhaps they are thinking to go upscale, and attempt to challenge bigger names such as Porsche and perhaps other higher-end sports car brands. If that will be the case, then Alpine will need a proper engine to challenge that sort of market...

So far the only viable engine for the Alpine is the 2.0 Turbo 4-Cylinder from the Megane RS, a powerful unit but it hardly highlights any premium credentials.

So far the only viable engine for the Alpine is the 2.0 Turbo 4-Cylinder from the Megane RS, a powerful unit but it hardly highlights any premium credentials.

Indeed, it's a good engine, but it does not warrant the right credentials for a (possible) premium car... Unless Alpine gets Nissan to aid them with that, or they borrow an engine from someone else.

Indeed, it's a good engine, but it does not warrant the right credentials for a (possible) premium car... Unless Alpine gets Nissan to aid them with that, or they borrow an engine from someone else.

Actually I didn't think about Nissan, although it doesn't seem like Nissan is going to carry the VQ37VHR much longer. A VR38DETT in an Alpine would be a big ask though! :lol:

It's quite small in the metal. I'd be very surprised if it's bigger than a Cayman when measured up.

Actually I didn't think about Nissan, although it doesn't seem like Nissan is going to carry the VQ37VHR much longer. A VR38DETT in an Alpine would be a big ask though! :lol:

A V8-powered Alpine? It's a bit strange, but somewhat interesting at the same time if it happened... Still, I'd prefer for it to have a smaller engine, a la Alfa Romeo 4C.

It's quite small in the metal. I'd be very surprised if it's bigger than a Cayman when measured up.

Really? How small are we talking about here?

Really? How small are we talking about here?
It's hard to give any definite comment as the only two times I saw it were on the track and on a stand, both of which making judging size difficult. However, on track it didn't look like it exactly dwarfed the original Alpine A110 - and original ones are tiny - and up close it certainly didn't appear to be any bigger than a Cayman.

There's a bit of tricky perspective here but Autocar has some pics of the new and old cars on track:
alpineontrack-02.jpg
I just want it to be RR
The concept is mid-rear.

It's hard to give any definite comment as the only two times I saw it were on the track and on a stand, both of which making judging size difficult. However, on track it didn't look like it exactly dwarfed the original Alpine A110 - and original ones are tiny - and up close it certainly didn't appear to be any bigger than a Cayman.

There's a bit of tricky perspective here but Autocar has some pics of the new and old cars on track:
alpineontrack-02.jpg

The concept is mid-rear.

Hmm... It definitely seems that the 60th Anniversaire doesn't dwarf the original A110 by much. It only seems to be a bit bigger, but not by a large margin.

And it's a MR car... Well, not a bad layout, as long as it has rear-wheel-drive it should be good enough.

Man, I'd be reasonably happy with just using the corporate VQ35 to save some cash on a street model. Match that up to a decent 6MT, maybe give it a trick diff, and it would be an interesting Cayman competitor for probably 80% of the price.

The size comparison reminds me of the trick Mazda did with the new MX-5, the bodywork is larger but the chassis sits lower to the ground making it look as compact as the original.
4,c=0,h=554.bild.jpg

Personally, I prefer both the handling characteristics and lines of the RR configuration, and wish the new one would go that route. However, that's almost definitely not going to happen. Porsche seems to be the only company to survive the (completely erroneous) belief that the RR layout is dangerous. I don't expect anyone else to be brave enough to begin producing an RR performance vehicle today. I love the front and sides of the new concept, not so much the rear which looks like "any car" to me.

For those wanting to see how small the original is; here is a nice pic of one next to a classic Porsche (short-wheel base; a very small car). The perspective makes it a bit hard to tell what's going on, but the original A110 is certainly a very small car. Hopefully the new one, if it actually comes into existence, would be small and light; nimble and capable as suits the original.

1971_alpine_a110_1600s_01_m.jpg

I don't think it looks big at all. The size of the door handles and wing mirrors (in the unlivered renders) easily gives a clue to the actual size.

Back