The return of Seattle City Circuit, Hong Kong and City d'Aria

Eks
Citta Di Aria..I'd welcome its return anyday! ;)

Hopefully called "Assisi" this time around.

As far as fantasy tracks go, the only ones that interest me are Midfield and El Capitain, and even then, I could go without them (but I know there's people who would really appreciate the addition of some classic fantasy tracks). But I've never seen a game developer go to such lengths to create realistic street circuits - I've personally verified the accuracy of Città d'Aria / Assisi.

I believe Polyphony, unlike a certain American developer that deemed them "unsuccessful", may release one or several track DLCs during the life of GT6. They did that with GT5, too, adding Spa and the SSRX. They could do it again.

I prefer PD to bring back classic rally tracks, btw. Road tracks, real or fictional, are good and all but rally ones is more challenging.

Tahiti.jpg

Tahitimaze.jpg

Swissalps.jpg

Smokeymountain.jpg

gran-turismo-4-20040925020955798.jpg

Plus this, for karting. Because Autumn Ring Mini, Kart Space, and GT Arena aren't enough:
msportld.jpg

COME ON PD! :D

Somewhat off-Topic, but why have GT3 & GT4 not been re-released as PS Classics in the PSN Store? Perhaps hardware differences. I recall reading an interview with Kaz where he was saying there were things possible on PS2 that couldn't be done on PS3. The heat waves rising off the asphalt at Seattle in GT3 is the only example I recall him giving.
More of a licensing issues, regarding cars, tracks, and music, IMO. Hence why you can't find older Gran Turismo games on PSN Store (although I think that GT1 would be the easiest to do, because all manufacturers that PD need to re-license are all there) ;)

I believe Polyphony, unlike a certain American developer that deemed them "unsuccessful",

I find that funny because if PD was so "unsuccesful", then whould this American developer even exist?

Give us a proper track maker and sharing, a la "Little Big Planet Karting", and let the community recreate our favorite layouts.

I'm 100% fine with the scenery not being perfect, if someone will put the time in to recreate the layout/elevation changes/banking. Seattle with random placeholder buildings would still feel like Seattle. Rally courses with random trees would still feel like that course.

Gymkana? Driving Park? Drag Strip? Let the community make it.

I was only thinking a couple of days ago how I miss some of my favourite tracks from GT4. I am so glad they brought Apricot Hill back. The ones I want to see return especially are:

1. El Capitan....was my most favourite track on that game
2. Costa Di Amalfi...was great fun to drive even if it was a PITA sometimes and helped having the walls to facilitate overtaking!
3. New York..really enjoyed that one with it's roundabout at the end of the start/finish straight (even if it always made me curse)....can remember getting very frustrated trying to do a licence test there.
4. Seattle.....enjoyable but not as much as the others
5. Driving Park would be a great replacement for Autumn Ring

As for the others, Citta Di Aria caused me to break at least 2 controllers out of frustration with licence tests and hitting the walls lol, I can't remember Infineon and Hong Kong, Paris has been replaced with London...could do without both, all the rally tracks were superior to the ones we now have. But, even if no more tracks appear, I am happy as we now have Brands Hatch and that will always be my favourite due to having watched racing there several times in real life (namely truck racing including a team, Q8, that was based about 100 yards from my house and touring cars in the 90s when they had the Volvo Estates as Touring Cars)

A couple of months back I saw a teaser trailer for GT6 and in it, it included a few brief shots of the Seattle City circuit, does anyone know if these will be making a return in an update at a later stage and if they will be followed by the great tracks such as City d'Aria etc, I do miss those old classic tracks. While I am loving all the new tracks and content in GT6, a few of the old classics would certainly complete the game for me...

Here is a list of all the old classics I miss and dearly wish for their return...

1. Infineon Raceway (Sports Car Course)
2. Infineon Raceway (Stock Car Course)
3. Driving Park - Beginner Course
4. Driving Park - Circle Course
5. Driving Park - Complex String
6. El Capitan
7. Gymkhana
8. Red Rock Valley
9. Citta di Aria
10. Costa di Amalfi
11. George V Paris
12. Hong Kong
13. Las Vegas Drag Strip
14. Motorland
15. New York
16. Opera Paris
17. Seattle Circuit
18. Seoul Central

1. Yes
2. Meh.
3. Hell NO!!! (we have Matterhorn Short now)
4. Already in GT6 (Willow Springs has it)
5. Hell YES!!!
6. Meh.
7. Hell YES!!!
8. Hell YES!!!
9. Yes
10. Yes
11. Yes
12. Meh.
13. If drag racing is implemented, yes.
14. Hell NO!!!
15. No.
16. No.
17. Hell YES!!!
18. Hell YES!!! (Seoul was my favorite city track in GT4)

I find that funny because if PD was so "unsuccesful", then whould this American developer even exist?
I was referring to track DLC. That American developer released only one poorly-implemented track DLC some years ago, said DLC bombed and they decided that track DLCs are doomed to failure.

They never said anything about PD as far as I know.

A couple of months back I saw a teaser trailer for GT6 and in it, it included a few brief shots of the Seattle City circuit, does anyone know if these will be making a return in an update at a later stage and if they will be followed by the great tracks such as City d'Aria etc, I do miss those old classic tracks. While I am loving all the new tracks and content in GT6, a few of the old classics would certainly complete the game for me...

Here is a list of all the old classics I miss and dearly wish for their return...

1. Infineon Raceway (Sports Car Course)
2. Infineon Raceway (Stock Car Course)
3. Driving Park - Beginner Course
4. Driving Park - Circle Course
5. Driving Park - Complex String
6. El Capitan
7. Gymkhana
8. Red Rock Valley
9. Citta di Aria
10. Costa di Amalfi
11. George V Paris
12. Hong Kong
13. Las Vegas Drag Strip
14. Motorland
15. New York
16. Opera Paris
17. Seattle Circuit
18. Seoul Central
YES PLEASE!! Bring all those tracks back, but you forgot about Mid-Field Raceway, Tahiti Maze and SSR11. I really want to see Seattle Circuit as well, by far my most favorite city track ever.

No I don't because you are only mentioning boring new F1 circuits instead of classics like Sebring, Road Atlanta, Imola, Austria A1 Ring (redbull ring), Magny Cours, Donington, Macau street circuit, Road America, Zandvoort, Hockenheim and so forth. There's hundreds of classic real world circuits to choose from, from touring car circuits to classic F1 venues! We don't need fantasy circuits when there's such a rich abundance of real locations.

I am all for PD/Kaz putting in more real world courses. But some of the older GT fictional tracks are excellent race tracks not matter how old they might seem. Hell, Nurburgring is old as dirt, it's still universally loved.
The fictional tracks Apricot Hill, Special Stage Route 11, Red Rock and Seattle are damn good. No sence losing them.
I like the tracks you named however. And agree PD should get cracking on delivering them.
I think PD is thinking along these lines. Also, PD makes tracks much more relistic than they do cars IMO.

My whis list:
Riverside
Watkins Glen
Zolder
Zandvoort
Sebring
Interlagos
Imola AKA "Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari" This has to be a lock.
Donington Park
Road America
Road Atlanta
Oschersleben

Hopefully PD will continue to add tracks to the mix in GT6 and GT7. I for one feel the game is going to continue to evolve in step with what the computing power will allow. But adding more real world tracks won't hurt the franchise.
New tracks and cars should come on a regular basis. Especally when you consider the relationship Kas has built with the car manufacturers. Bringing the real world tracks into the fold won't take long. The fictional tracks can be done virturally over night.

I hope they concentrate on putting more real world circuits in, instead of those old has-been arcade game tracks. Good ridance to old rubbish!!!!

One of things I've always loved GT over its immediate competitors for is the excellent quality of the game's fictional circuits. You can't seriously tell me you don't like Midfield Raceway, can you? It flows really well and is a massive amount of fun. GT6's Apricot Hill Raceway could easily be a real track as well.

One of things I've always loved GT over its immediate competitors for is the excellent quality of the game's fictional circuits. You can't seriously tell me you don't like Midfield Raceway, can you? It flows really well and is a massive amount of fun. GT6's Apricot Hill Raceway could easily be a real track as well.

I hate Midfield with a passion, it's a pathetic little circuit.

Why can't PD just go ahead and and add all the tracks created by Gran Turismo? I understand not having some real tracks because of licensing issues, but there are no licensing issue with tracks they created themselves.

Substantiate means, according to The Free Dictionary, "to support or prove with evidence". I don't see what's so strange about me asking you to support your view of not liking Midfield Raceway.

Do not patronise me, I am fully aware of it's meaning, I just don't get what I'm surposed to be telling you. I don't like it, what's difficult to understand and what evidence am I surposed to provide to prove I don't like it? I don't like vegetables, dogs or people that request stupid information from me - do you want that substantiating too?

Do not patronise me, I a
m fully aware of it's meaning, I just don't get what I'm surposed to be telling you. I don't like it, what's difficult to understand and what evidence am I surposed to provide to prove I don't like it? I don't like vegetables, dogs or people that request stupid information from me - do you want that substantiating too?

I'm not trying to wind you up or anything, all I was asking was if there was any reason for you not liking it.

That would be righteous indeed... I mean, they DID make a trophy for driving the total distance of Route 66.

I live about 30 minutes away from where it runs through Oklahoma City. The drive out west from there is gorgeous.

Back