The Rolex Sports Car Series- Season 2! Finished! Thanks Everyone!

What should the best tire we use for Season 3 be?

• Total voters
United States
Pittsburgh
polarbear345
picture.php

Welcome to Season 2 of the Rolex Sports Car Series!

After a successful season 1, we bring you season 2! And it comes with MANY new changes!

• DP class changes from LMP cars to Group C cars!
  • DP moves from 8 cars to 6, for realism reasons!
  • GT has some new faces, and now has 10 cars!
  • GT now has the Mazda rx8, Dodge Viper ACR and Chevrolet Camaro!
  • For the first time, we will have 2 street courses!
  • The NAEC will actually happen this season!
  • Cautions!

---------------------------------------------------------------

General Information

This is a semi realistic series, modeled after The Rolex Sports Car Series, a North American sports car sereis. Like the real life series, we will have two classes, DP and GT. DP stands for Daytona Prototype, these are represented by Group C cars. The change was made because the Group C cars look more like the real life "DP" cars, as there aren't any DP cars in the game. GT stands for Grand Touring. These cars are production cars turned into racecars! We use the street car version of all the cars, and put every GT Auto aero part on them as possible! This works very well for us, the cars end up looking very close to their real life counterparts!

We follow the GTP OLR's YOU MUST KNOW AND FOLLOW THESE! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

Dates And Times!

The races will be on Saturdays starting at 6:30 pm eastern US time. Here's a schedule of the days events:

6:30- Room Open

6:30- 7:00- Both Classes Qualifying

7:00- 7:05- Break (Bathroom Break)

7:05- Race Start

8:45- Race Will Definitely Be Done By Then (Maybe a NAEC Race will be a little longer, but not by much)

Due to the differences in car numbers in each class, we will use a slightly modified points system for each class.

DP:

P1- 60 Points
P2- 50 Points
P3- 40 Points
P4- 30 Points
P5- 20 Points
P6- 10 Points

GT:

P1- 100 Points
P2- 90 Points
P3- 80 Points
P4- 70 Points
P5- 60 Points
P6- 50 Points
P7- 40 Points
P8- 30 Points
P9- 20 Points
P10- 10 Points

The GT class winner won't have a advantage, as there arent any championships that mix both DP and GT classes.

Car List!

Daytona Prototype Cars!

7479109264_49a5f8ce6f_c.jpg

Sauber C9! - Sauber DP Coyote Program

500HP, 1060KG

Driver 1- cnd01

Driver 2- Shinshiki

picture.php

picture.php

Toyota Minolta!

500HP, 1050KG

Driver 1- polarbear345

Driver 2-

picture.php

Nissan R92CP!

500HP, 1060KG

Driver 1- Unrealanthony

Driver 2- Tissimo (?)

Grand Touring Cars!

picture.php

picture.php

Dodge Viper ACR! - SunsetShift Racing

ALL GT AUTO AERO PARTS!

455HP, 1250KG

Driver 1- StormPacer17

Driver 2- FlyinHawaiian77

picture.php

Ferrari 458 Italia!

ALL GT AUTO AERO PARTS!

460HP, 1300KG

Driver 1- Jakeking39

Driver 2-

2009_Stevenson_Motorsports_banner_wide_copy.jpg

picture.php

Chevrolet Camaro!- Stevenson Motorsports!

ALL GT AUTO PARTS, NO RM, MUST HAVE WING B!

480HP, 1330KG

Team Manager - james6653

Driver 1- F Filipe

Driver 2- ANFD

speedsource-logo.png

picture.php

Mazda RX8! - SpeedSource Mazda

ALL GT AUTO AERO PARTS!

465HP, 1085KG

Driver 1- MrMelancholy15

Driver 2- damuemogirl

apr-ms-logo.png

7512226478_0d183a8a54_c.jpg

Audi R8 5.2! - APR Motorsport

ALL GT AUTO AERO PARTS!

460HP, 1320KG

Driver 1- ghskilla

Driver 2- tbwhhs

Reserves:

GT- TDZdave, Elitedreamer, Flyinhawaiian77

DP- Wardez (Nissan?)

CAUTIONS!

picture.php

Hopefully we won't need to use these rules...but.... they're here!

This is our first season using cautions so here are the rules! We will be following the real Rolex caution format, but with a few changes.

- Must involve 2+ cars!

- Cars involved must type in the chat box "caution"

- Once that happens, DP cars will slow down to a speed of 30-40mph

- Lap 1: GT cars will catch up to DP cars (NO PASSING)

- Lap 2: BOTH classes will pit in this lap

- Lap 3: Both classes will exit pits and cruise at a speed of about 60mph (~100kph)

- RACE WILL RESUME AFTER YOUR CAR CROSSES THE FINISH LINE

Starts!

Our starts will follow the following procedure:

-DP cars will start on their formation lap at 60 mph (~100 kph)

-GT cars will stay stationary in their grid boxes until DP cars have cleared the first turn

-Both classes will be going 60 mph until the start/finish line

-Race starts at the start/finish line, no passing until then!

The NAEC!

NAEC_Logo_396x222_NEW.jpg

Just like the real life series, we are doing the North American Endurance Championship. The three races that make up this championship will be:

• Daytona Road Course: 75 laps
  • Indianapolis Road Course: 65 laps
  • Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca: 75 laps
These tracks were chosen because they were in the championship in real life, with the exeption of Watkins Glen. These will be longer "endurance" races, like in real life. There will be a sperate points championship. These races will count to the normal championship, in addition to the NAEC.

Track List!

Pre-Season:

-Daytona Road Course - Done!

-Tokyo Route 246 - Done!

Regular Season!

-Daytona Road Course (NAEC) - Done!

-Monza (Change Weather)- Done!

-Nurburgring GP/F- Done!

-Special Stage Route 5- Done!

-Indianapolis Road Course (NAEC)- Done!

-Tokyo Route 246- Done!

-Circuit De La Sarthe 2009 with Chicanes (Change Weather and Time)- Done!

-Fuji Speedway F- Done!

-Suzuka (Change Weather)

-Laguna Seca (NAEC)

Registration!https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1UV3d1WHI1bWo1OWxvekhhbU9jVXc6MQ#gid=0

Points!

1. Unrealanthony- 470
2. Cnd01- 420
3. Shinshiki- 370
4. Polarbear345- 215
5. Freshseth83- 160
6. Tissimo- 25
7. Whiskeymaser- 20

GT:

1. Stormpacer17- 765
2. Damuemogirl- 660
3. Tbwhhs- 580
4. Mrmelancholy15- 560
5. Ghskilla- 535
6. GTP Paulmac2k9- 365
7. Cowboys965- 190
8. Flyinhawaiian77- 220
9. Jethro King- 110
10. F Filipe- 100
11. Elitedreamer- 60
12. Tacom- 60
13. Jakobnascar88-40
14. Nizmodr3- 35

Constructors!

DP:

1. Sauber- 580
2. Nissan- 465
3. Toyota- 385

GT:

1. Audi- 1,245
2. Mazda- 1,220
3. Dodge- 1,065
4. Chevrolet- 595
5. Ferrari- 205

NAEC Points

DP:

1. Unrealanthony- 150
2. Cnd01- 110
3. Polarbear345- 100
4. Shinshiki204- 90
5. Freshseth83- 50

GT:

1. Stormpacer17- 240
2. Damuemogirl- 220
3. Tbwhhs- 210
4. Flyinhawaiian77- 180
5. Ghskilla- 120
6. GTP PaulMac2k9- 100
7. Mrmelancholy15- 90
8. Jethro- 70
9. Elitedreamer- 60
10. F Filipe- 60
11. JakobNascar88-40

Constructors

DP:

1. Sauber- 200
2. Toyota- 150
3. Nissan- 150

GT:

1. Dodge- 430
2. Audi- 330
3. Mazda- 310
4. Ferrari- 170
5. Chevrolet- 100

Last edited:
Sign me up. Actually, the Camaro and RX-8 both look so nice.

P.S., your photo of the Ferrari 458 resembles a pizzeria owner's moustache. :lol:

BTW, I'm SO lost as to where that Camaro picture was taken. Which track is that?

Im in.

Car: Viper ACR
PSN: FlyinHawaiian77
Team: Sofa King Awesome Racing (pending)

Cant wait to get this thing started!

Obviously, you play your GT5 races on a sofa; what else could that mean? :sly:

Looking forward to beating... I mean racing you. :)

Lastly: looking forward to the cautions/wave-bys. This should throw a wrench in last year's "JUST GO FAST AND WIN." strategy.

Last edited:
Getting a playseat or something similar soon. PLAYSEAT RACING FTW!!!

Nah, but team name all depends on what Tez wants to do with it. Hopefully he's cool with me flying the orange and black colors.

I had seen your Season 1 thread and was intrigued, but never joined in (mainly because I was a little late), but I think I'll hop in for this season for some fun. I'm a little iffy on it since the road courses are kind of scaring me, especially Special Stage Route 5. Onto car choice, I'll see to it I get some personal testing done. The RX8 seems nice, so does the R8, but then there's the Ferrari. Much to think about, I'll get back to this to see if I'll join in or not.

Also, any ideas on time and day? Are you following the same time and day schedule as last season?

Well, the drivers here range in skill levels from Kevin, through to Audi drivers, and then James. If you fit between a "spin out every lap" and "fastest driver in the world" there's competition for you.

As for the dates, I want to say "Yes, same times and dates as last season" but I can't promise. However, I run a series just before it, with the same guys, and I think, since everyone will already be at the ITCC races, it shouldn't be too hard to arrange the same dates and times.

6:20 EST Saturdays looks possible for me, or even around that time. I'll have to go over the scheduling. Luckily that dodges a vacation in July. :)

I think I'll fit right in with your words on skill level. :lol: Not sure who Kevin and James are though. I think I'm right in the middle there, I think.

By the way, the Camaro picture looks to be taken on Leguna Seca's last corner.

Well just sign me up for right now and I'll pick my car later whenever we decide on how to do that.

Shinshiki
Well just sign me up for right now and I'll pick my car later whenever we decide on how to do that.

Elite, welcome! And good eye! It IS the last turn at laguna seca!

And the time will be the same as last season... I knew I forgot something!

Put me down for the RX8

Elite, this is James.

Anyways, seeing as how I don't want to be James's teammate, for the obvious reason, I'll take the Yankeedoodle Camaro.

Hmmmm, which Rolex Camaro do I really want my car to resemble?

Autohaus? One from GS in the Conti Tire series? Hmmmmm.

Elite, this is James.

Anyways, seeing as how I don't want to be James's teammate, for the obvious reason, I'll take the Yankeedoodle Camaro.

Hmmmm, which Rolex Camaro do I really want my car to resemble?

Autohaus? One from GS in the Conti Tire series? Hmmmmm.

Alrighty! Seems like everyone's just saying what car they want... I may join you with the Camaro... it was a JOY to drive! But so were those DP cars... hmmm

And we are yet again in the Racing Series section!

Thread was insta-moved?

:sly: good job; better than I did, with the ITCC bouncing back and forth, and my two threads. Of course, with our new announcements in that series, and the success of this new thread so far, it'll be a good season.

#70 Speedsource Mazda-Sylvain Tremblay is the team owner.

:ouch: You don't even know the names of the cars/drivers?

This hurts, man...:indiff:

james6653
I am buying a new RX8 for the series. Because the RX8 that I have right now has colorshift for wheels and body. I'm gonna make my new one look like this...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/taddzilla/4002392837/

So it'll be all black? ...

And that last gt academy challenge is a real b**ch! Anyone have any tips?? I've downloaded the fastest ghost time, so I know I'm losing time in the first sector....

And I've gotten a pm from a guy interested! Hopefully well have a more diverse grid this year!

At Motegi? Mind your throttle.

Also, in those double chicanes, slow down through the first chicane, and go full-throttle through the second, leading to the straightaway before going through the tunnel under the Indy oval.

(consider it turns 3/4. Those one are flat out, in any car, on a good line. You'll gain a full second.)

MrMelancholy15
At Motegi? Mind your throttle.

Also, in those double chicanes, slow down through the first chicane, and go full-throttle through the second, leading to the straightaway before going through the tunnel under the Indy oval.

(consider it turns 3/4. Those one are flat out, in any car, on a good line. You'll gain a full second.)

I think I may just be too tired, I went from 1:36.308 to 1.38..... So I just need to give it a break!

Ad Cnd, nice to see our first DP guy! And is storm in the viper for sure?

I think I may just be too tired, I went from 1:36.308 to 1.38..... So I just need to give it a break!

Ad Cnd, nice to see our first DP guy! And is storm in the viper for sure?

Looking forward to competing with Group C. Hopefully we will have full grids in both classes. Daytona RC here I come.:dopey:

cnd01
Looking forward to competing with Group C. Hopefully we will have full grids in both classes. Daytona RC here I come.:dopey:

That's the plan! I do think well have at least 4 DP and 6 GT at each race. I hope we have a full DP grid. I haven't seen many other series that use group c, so maybe itll bring in some people?

And excellent agent!

That's the plan! I do think well have at least 4 DP and 6 GT at each race. I hope we have a full DP grid. I haven't seen many other series that use group c, so maybe itll bring in some people?

And excellent agent!

The more the merrier as long as they can drive.

So it'll be all black? ...

And that last gt academy challenge is a real b**ch! Anyone have any tips?? I've downloaded the fastest ghost time, so I know I'm losing time in the first sector....

And I've gotten a pm from a guy interested! Hopefully well have a more diverse grid this year!

kinda im gonna make the rims a dark red

EliteDreamer
What tires are being used for GT class participants?

All racing tires are eligible. With the addition of cautions, the tire strategy will change drastically from last season! Should be interesting!

And Mel and James, are you guys still having your 1v1? If so, what time? If possible id like to get a quick Rolex practice race in, to try cautions and to see how the cars do together.

Back