The Rolex Sports Car Series- Season 3 Ideas!

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 828 comments
  • 33,597 views

Should we have Team Owners in Season 3?


  • Total voters
    18
Humans go after things that don't like them back.. Girl or Guy playing hard to get to infuriate the other springs to mind :lol:.
 
anirishnirvana

I don't want all those people that haven't bought any DLC to start a flame war...
 
Motegi is amazing, wide open and lots of safe places to pass other cars :). Also it's a very fun track to drive and would easily suit mixed class racing :D. You guys would love it.
 
paulmac2k9
Motegi is amazing, wide open and lots of safe places to pass other cars :). Also it's a very fun track to drive and would easily suit mixed class racing :D. You guys would love it.

But don't people have a cow when it's a DLC track?
 
They should buy it and enjoy it instead of complaining the game is boring imo :lol:.

This is a generalisation of the GT whingers not anyone in particular :).

All I can say is we have used Motegi tonnes in PURE already and it has allways produced cracking racing :D.
 
Even better!

They should buy it and enjoy it instead of complaining the game is boring imo :lol:.

This is a generalisation of the GT whingers not anyone in particular :).

I agree. You can't form an opinion without trying it first. Motegi and Spa are fun. Definitely worth the buy.
 
paulmac2k9
They should buy it and enjoy it instead of complaining the game is boring imo :lol:.

This is a generalisation of the GT whingers not anyone in particular :).

All I can say is we have used Motegi tonnes in PURE already and it has allways produced cracking racing :D.

Had I not been scared a TW3 (thread war 3) would break out, I would've added spa (Motegi wasn't out yet) to the S2 calendar.

Sooooo seems like this may be the ticket;

Daytona
Tokyo
Indy
Laguna
Caps Ring South (Depending on CTSCC tomorrow)
Spa
Motegi

I think it's a solid list....
 
Had I not been scared a TW3 (thread war 3) would break out, I would've added spa (Motegi wasn't out yet) to the S2 calendar.

Sooooo seems like this may be the ticket;

Daytona
Tokyo
Indy
Laguna
Caps Ring South (Depending on CTSCC tomorrow)
Spa
Motegi

I think it's a solid list....

Nurb GP/F?
Grand Valley?
Fuji please?
Monaco?
 
But Monza III? :scared:

Humans go after things that don't like them back.. Girl or Guy playing hard to get to infuriate the other springs to mind :lol:.

But Monza hates us!

This idea I like. We trade Fuji for Spa and keep Monza though.

But, apocalypse can't like us back! EVER!


Otherwise, I like Monaco etc. too.



Can I just say: "SPEAK UP NOW! If you don't have a DLC track, tell us! And then go buy it!
 
Last edited:
cnd01
Nurb GP/F?
Grand Valley?
Fuji please?
Monaco?

We do need a 8th track.... NO MONACO! Too tight! We'll see how fuji goes, maybe it'll surprise everyone!
 
had i not been scared a tw3 (thread war 3) would break out, i would've added spa (motegi wasn't out yet) to the s2 calendar.

Sooooo seems like this may be the ticket;

daytona
tokyo
indy
laguna
caps ring south (depending on ctscc tomorrow)
spa
motegi

i think it's a solid list....

monaco, fuji, nurb, suzuka...?
 
We do need a 8th track.... NO MONACO! Too tight! We'll see how fuji goes, maybe it'll surprise everyone!

monaco, fuji, nurb, suzuka...?

Nürb and Suzuka are likely in. Monaco's too small, according to Polar, and I get bored at Fuji. Well, maybe not this season, but, last season... :yuck:
 
Nürb and Suzuka are likely in. Monaco's too small, according to Polar, and I get bored at Fuji. Well, maybe not this season, but, last season... :yuck:

Please no Suzuka or Monza whatever you do.
 
Another series that uses Motegi. :grumpy: If we use this current points system, anyone who doesn't have Motegi will have a MASSIVE disadvantage in terms of points. I don't have it, but I'm fine with it as long as we change the points system.
 
I like Suzuka and Nurburgring. Monaco on the other hand would suck with the size of these cars. I couldn't imagine passing lap traffic.
 
Screw it. I'm about to go BIG TIME with a plan for Season 3's schedules, according to me.



Excuse me while I grab information from trustworthy sources, cross-reference, and compare, and then put out an epic schedule idea.
 
Why no Suzuka?

I suck at it :dopey: Plus we already are going to run Motegi, Tokyo 246, and Fuji, so why do we need another Japanese track?
 
I suck at it :dopey: Plus we already are going to run Motegi, Tokyo 246, and Fuji, so why do we need another Japanese track?

Well, we might not go to Fuji or Tokyo next season. Although, I wouldn't mind Tokyo Route 246.

Sarthe. You always have to have Sarthe.
 
Well, we might not go to Fuji or Tokyo next season. Although, I wouldn't mind Tokyo Route 246.

Sarthe. You always have to have Sarthe.

Sarthe over Suzuka, Fuji over R246, and Nurb GP/F over Cape Ring South.
 
I still say we use Mel's idea that I quoted.
 
We might need to have a post vote. Pick 8 tracks. Of course, Daytona Road, Indy Road, and Laguna Seca are non-negotiable.
 
Source # 1



Source # 2



Compare.



Round 1: Daytona

Round 2: Cape Ring South replacing Barber Motorsports Park

Round 3: Fuji (?) replacing Homestead Miami

Round 4: Grand Valley replacing New Jersey Motorsports Park

Round 5: Tokyo R246 replacing Detroit Belle-Isle

Round 6: Trial Mountain replacing Mid-Ohio

Round 7: Nürburgring GP/F replacing Road America (?)

Round 8: Deep Forest Raceway replacing Watkins Glen Long Course

Round 9: Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Round 10: Circuito de Madrid-reverse replacing Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Round 11: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Round 12: Cape Ring Inside replacing Lime Rock Park
 
Looks good, I like it. Lack of Spa, but some people don't have the DLC I guess.
 
Source # 1



Source # 2



Compare.



Round 1: Daytona

Round 2: Cape Ring South replacing Barber Motorsports Park

Round 3: Fuji (?) replacing Homestead Miami

Round 4: Grand Valley replacing New Jersey Motorsports Park

Round 5: Tokyo R246 replacing Detroit Belle-Isle

Round 6: Trial Mountain replacing Mid-Ohio

Round 7: Nürburgring GP/F replacing Road America (?)

Round 8: Deep Forest Raceway replacing Watkins Glen Long Course

Round 9: Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Round 10: Circuito de Madrid-reverse replacing Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Round 11: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Round 12: Cape Ring Inside replacing Lime Rock Park

👍 Trial Mountain, 👍 Deep Forest.
 
Looks good, I like it. Lack of Spa, but some people don't have the DLC I guess.

Lack of DLC, period. I was using a non-DLC list, to aid me in persuading myself NOT to use DLC tracks, to allow for a full-season. I'm also avoiding SSR5 because of the invisible track problem, and staying somewhat clear of Le Mans, because your disc doesn't work there...?
 
It worked this time, I guess we'll just say my Nissan has some engine issues on the race for the sake of DNF excuses. I like Sarthe.
 
It worked this time, I guess we'll just say my Nissan has some engine issues on the race for the sake of DNF excuses. I like Sarthe.

I'm thinking of something that's very specific to Le Mans; Mercedes @ 1999 Le Mans 24 hour... You could say that they are aerodynamic problems...
 
Back