The Safety Car Club "We pace your race."

• Thread starter Peelster1
  • 295 comments
Updated the OP! Could we get someone for to pace cautions for a race tonight? (I think it's a Tokyo Bay oval.) Add SundayCup_League on PSN and see the OP for more details.

Personally, I would like to get some events started around 1 pm here which would be like 5-6 pm there, but it doesn't seem to work out for people. Maybe during summer...

@redbullrider20 Are you going to be pacing the NASCAR Japan Series on Friday's?

Personally, I would like to get some events started around 1 pm here which would be like 5-6 pm there, but it doesn't seem to work out for people. Maybe during summer...

@redbullrider20 Are you going to be pacing the NASCAR Japan Series on Friday's?
Depends on the time... I can try but since we are still fixing up the new house I can't commit 100%.

Depends on the time... I can try but since we are still fixing up the new house I can't commit 100%.

Alright, qualifying starts no later than 6:30 EST, but might start at 6 pm if everyone is there. Pop in sometime in that time period if you can.

I think it's safe to put me down as pacing my own Autumn 300. It does mean the first event on GTP to have live timing will not be it anyway, but there's still time for that on GT6 :)

ohhhh this is what i've been searching for!!!
When GT6 comes out, i wanted to create a few championships, with realisteic setups, like full course cautions, flying starts and all that stuff^^

I'l sign up now but i will start from GT6 as a Opener/Caution on Nascar/Oval races as they are my speciality. so after GT6 is released if anyones looking for an experienced Oval SC then il happily oblige as long as im not in the event itself. usual hours are GMT 6:00pm until late, with enough notice i can make time for events

ohhhh this is what i've been searching for!!!
When GT6 comes out, i wanted to create a few championships, with realisteic setups, like full course cautions, flying starts and all that stuff^^

While I hope that GT6 will have fixed the rolling start problem that GT5 had I also very much enjoy manual rolling starts. When you have an event please drop by!

I'l sign up now but i will start from GT6 as a Opener/Caution on Nascar/Oval races as they are my speciality. so after GT6 is released if anyones looking for an experienced Oval SC then il happily oblige as long as im not in the event itself. usual hours are GMT 6:00pm until late, with enough notice i can make time for events

Great!

Do you provide a second person to watch the race and call the cautions?

Would be nice to have an outsider not racing to decide whether it is a caution or not and their call stands no exceptions like it or not.

Just an idea.

That is the ideal way, but in most cases one of two things apply:

1: There isn't enough space in the room
2: Nobody wants to take that role

The idea is good, but there's been so many good ideas that just didn't make any interest :(

You can limit racers to 14 leaving room for the race official and pace car driver. I think its a great option. I bet you could find people who would want to do that. I have been known to just drop in a lobby and watch a race or two.

Do you provide a second person to watch the race and call the cautions?

Would be nice to have an outsider not racing to decide whether it is a caution or not and their call stands no exceptions like it or not.

Just an idea.

It sounds like you're looking for a Race Steward. As rally said, we don't offer that service at this time. The Series Organizer or Race Director would have to familiarize anyone that would be acting as a Race Steward with their complete rulebook.

It's a good idea though.

@redbullrider20 Your job this Friday will also include debris clean-up under Caution. I'm sure someone will knock over that pile of tires in Turn 1 at some point! For a Debris Caution you will pick up the field as normal and then pull over and have the leader assume pace speed. When you are done, wait for the field to catch up to you and begin going when they are almost there. carl2448 will be the acting Race Director as I will not be at the race due to having to work that night.

I also like the picture you sent me, I would be willing to use it as a banner if you caption it as the current banner is captioned, you could also add "We pace your race." to it.

Last edited:
It sounds like you're looking for a Race Steward. As rally said, we don't offer that service at this time. The Series Organizer or Race Director would have to familiarize anyone that would be acting as a Race Steward with their complete rulebook.

It's a good idea though.

@redbullrider20 Your job this Friday will also include debris clean-up under Caution. I'm sure someone will knock over that pile of tires in Turn 1 at some point! For a Debris Caution you will pick up the field as normal and then pull over and have the leader assume pace speed. When you are done, wait for the field to catch up to you and begin going when they are almost there. carl2448 will be the acting Race Director as I will not be at the race due to having to work that night.

I also like the picture you sent me, I would be willing to use it as a banner if you caption it as the current banner is captioned, you could also add "We pace your race." to it.
Sounds good.

Would Someone be available on the 22nd of December 9:30 GMT, 29th of December 9:30 GMT and the 5th of January 9:30 GMT for a GT6 Endurance Series. I would be willing to help out someone else in return.

The Safety Car in GT6, although having permanent lights (on), has more vibrant lights and high/low beam. :) Looking for an event to do.

I'm just waiting for GT7 in which tapping the lights button will switch between high and low beam and holding it will turn the SC lights on or off.

Might have an event up soon :)👍

Would Someone be available on the 22nd of December 9:30 GMT, 29th of December 9:30 GMT and the 5th of January 9:30 GMT for a GT6 Endurance Series. I would be willing to help out someone else in return.

I'm sure we can put someone on that. Do you have a thread for your event? Keep us posted.

... Wow I thought I had this posted when I was in this thread a couple of weeks ago. Luckily GTP's new autosave works.

Personally, I am unavailable as I still have to get the license to go online and I'm rather busy at the moment with Christmas and all. I do hope to be able to get online by the end of next week though.

I can do this but I can't commit 100% stuff might come up. Not to mention I might just forget. I'll make alarms in my phone.

EDIT: Nevermind I forgot you found one. Happy holidays!

Last edited:
I'm up for doing some safety car driving I'm an average driver using logitech dfgt can hold my speed know 90% of tracks I'm available most times just not early hours I'm in the uk my psn is unitedstomper add me if I can be a safety car driver

The 4th would've worked day-wise, if it wasn't for the race starting on the 5th here..

We really need to fix this. Either the US must get up a little bit earlier or Europe must turn nocturnal :lol:

Thank you very much for being available. There won't be a room number because we host the race in a friends only room.

Back