The search for MORE PS2 Tracks Continues PS2 to PSP Track Project

• Thread starter SiNiST3R
  • 173 comments

SiNiST3R

(Banned)
Well as you may already know there are some tracks from the PS2 Copy of GT4 that have made there way into GT PSP under the radar. They are at this point only accessible through CFW and a HEX code engine (CWCheat or other PSP HeX engines) I have posted some videos of the tracks so you can see I'm not talking crap.

To date we have 3 PS2 tracks running. 2 run perfectly fine (Tahit8i Dirt R3, & Gymkhana) while the other runs with a few bugs (Smokey Mountain North)

WE ARE ON THE SEARCH FOR MORE TRACKS

With the codes for the new found tracks inside his system, our good member "hardtofind" started messing with the .dec value of the working track codes and uncovered the possibility for more tracks.

Last night the 2 of us went on a code search looking for more tracks, and what we have found seams to be quite promising.

While we haven't got any new tracks working, we HAVE found more PS2 tracks hidden in the game.
Im going to tell you know what we are doing and how we are doing it, so you can potentially help out.

The codes apear as so...

0x2080F440 0x0000003F

These are hex values that represent dec values. We have been messing with the second string shown in bold.

Changing the Dec value number (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc) & imputing the HEX value for the number changes the track. As the .Dec numbers progress the PSP track list gets cycled.

In this thread we are going to Post up all the track codes we can find. We will post all the Already available tracks (PSP only and PS2) And the codes to our New found PS2 tracks. We are looking for as many new track codes as possible and old track codes that already work, so we can eliminate them from the search.

The next step will be figuring out whats needed to get these new track up & running, if possible.

This will be an on going project that doesn't promise anything but we will be working hard to get these new tracks working ANY HELP is greatly appreciated.

PS2 Tracks Found But Not working yet
14-Hon Kong
23-Route 5
50-Rome
52-Route 11
59-Paris rally
62-Complex string
142-Red Rock Valley

Working Hidden PS2 Tracks

48-SMNorth
63-Tahiti Dirt R3
135-Gymkhana

Default Tracks

9-Tokyo
10-Costa forward
45-Fuji
46-Tahiti Maze
47-Swiss Alps
49-Cita Di Area F
51-Trial Mountain
54-Beginners course
147-Grand valley east
148-Twin ring east
149-Twin ring west
150-Cathedral rocks
151-Sarthe old
152-Suzuka east
153-Suzuka west
157-Autumn ring
158 amalfi reverse
167 chamonix
180 midfield

Last edited:
Unbelieveable … and they said it was problematic to squeeze the game onto an UMD?! They even forgot to delete all these tracks???

Polyphony really didn't invest too much work into GT PSP :grumpy:

Unbelieveable … and they said it was problematic to squeeze the game onto an UMD?! They even forgot to delete all these tracks???

Polyphony really didn't invest too much work into GT PSP :grumpy:

What? The game is HOT, 5 years in development while developing other games. Its not as easy to Port a game to a new platform as it may appear, and any assumptions as to why they are in the game but not available are just that assumptions. Lets not get ahead of ourselves they could have legit reasons why they are there, we are ALL speculating here. Speculating based on assumptions is never a good idea...

Who know WHY they are in there, but who cares if they work.

What? The game is HOT, 5 years in development while developing other games. Its not as easy to Port a game to a new platform as it may appear, and any assumptions as to why they are in the game but not available are just that assumptions. Lets not get ahead of ourselves they could have legit reasons why they are there, we are ALL speculating here. Speculating based on assumptions is never a good idea...

Who know WHY they are in there, but who cares if they work.
Awesome work sinister! You ARE the best, i love complex string and route 11 and hong kong as well. Well done sir. Can't wait for more info!

Awesome work sinister! You ARE the best, i love complex string and route 11 and hong kong as well. Well done sir. Can't wait for more info!

Thanks!!

Dont forget hardtofind who took it a step further and began the search beyond the already working PS2 tracks.

We are Sniffing out the PS2 tracks :crazy:

Thanks!!

Dont forget hardtofind who took it a step further and began the search beyond the already working PS2 tracks.

We are Sniffing out the PS2 tracks :crazy:
Of course hardtofind aswell he is a cool dude. But i just noticed red rock valley. Good times...
Also could you give me the code for complex string i might give a go at trying to get it working.

Of course hardtofind aswell he is a cool dude. But i just noticed red rock valley. Good times...
Also could you give me the code for complex string i might give a go at trying to get it working.

All the codes are next to the track name in DEC format

142-Red Rock Valley

142 = Dec code

142 put in hex format = 0x0000008E

Code then becomes

_C redrockvalley_ps2
_L 0x2080F440 0x0000008E

what happens if you try to load the tracks? If you enter

_C redrockvalley_ps2
_L 0x2080F440 0x0000008E

in cwcheat, does the game freeze?

All the codes are next to the track name in DEC format

142-Red Rock Valley

142 = Dec code

142 put in hex format = 0x0000008E

Code then becomes

_C redrockvalley_ps2
_L 0x2080F440 0x0000008E
Hmm, dosen't load data, if only there was a way you could force the data to load, this way you could play the track. Just an idea anyway.

PS2 Tracks Found But Not working yet
14-Hon Kong
23-Route 5
50-Rome
52-Route 11
59-Paris rally
62-Complex string
142-Red Rock Valley

I believe what your saying but this doesn't add up red rock valley was only on PS1.

Anyway keep up the amazing work this is the most exciting news ever about GTPSP 👍

i was joking!!!!

the complex string was one of my favourite tracks in gt3 it tests everything.

Last night i couldnt sleep.i was looking hidden tracks codes.smnorth 60ps2 etc.than i figured all starting with same address.i jumped and changed the values.a couple tries and here we are.first i found redrockvaley_ps2.i didnt figure first it was a
new one :) than i checked "voila" .i thought i was dreaming becouse my sleep cycle is badly broken these days.i posted codes here to be sure.and thanks to SiNiST3R ,we got something.
i hope something good will come out from this.good luck all of us.:)

If you would like i could re-format your codes to others HEX devices as not everyone here uses CWCheat.

That will be good.we can try other hex editors.and i want to try other versions of game also.thinking of previos gt's secret cars came with different versions.(gt3 lamborghini for ex.)i really want to find if Japanese version had something different.
i m using US version .

I will defiantly once they come available. Keep up the great work as this is quite overwhelming as i see it as track add-ons :) . But ICH WILL Grindelwald!!! I love grindelwald and don't have gt2 anymore and i LOVED that track.

Hey SiNiST3R,

New member on GTPlanet, but ive been using NitePR for a few years (good 'ol SOCOM FTB2) and CWCheat for the past couple of weeks. found these codes on the web a few days ago and have been enjoying them, and good job finding the other tracks. Anyway, like i said i've been using these programs for a while, but never have done any searching for my own codes. How exactly do you go about searching for the hex numbers? I'd like to help you guys if i can figure this out.

Fender

Back