• 80 comments

IfAndOr

Still here.
Premium
Seychelles
Shropshire
IfAndOr
The Small Car Big World Short Tour.
The short mini series (With no Minis. Shorts are optional)

Starting Monday 7/12 @ 8pm (UK)

MPASGHCHIAGAAAJVA_.jpeg

In the run up to the New Year I'm going to try a short 3 week series that focuses on quick fire fun races.

Each week will consist of 5 races in the Ginetta G40 GT5 - not too fast and easily controllable with plenty of grip. The races will mostly be on short tracks or layouts we haven't used in the main Monday meeting before*. There will be a 10 minute qualification session on the first race only, to allow any latecomers to still join in**. That'll be followed by 5 random grid races of 10 minutes each over 5 different tracks. If all is going to plan the meeting should be around 1 and a half hours in length.

* Most are tracks that I wouldn't use for "serious" racing.
**The rest of the tracks in each meeting generally don't have pits and won't allow practice anyway.

It's aiming to be just a fun series for a bit of a laugh over the festive period which hopefully won't be taken too seriously. It might be a little chaotic but keep it clean and keep a smile.

"Normal" races will return next year!

A brief summary.
Car - Ginetta G40 GT5
Default setups
Meeting starts at 8pm UK time (UTC)
10 minutes qualification at the 1st track.
5 x 10 minute races at 5 different tracks.
Grid Starts.
No pit stops.
Wait for race ready - On
Penalties - Off (Don't abuse!)

Track List

Week 1
14/12/20

Sonoma Short
Lydden Hill GP
COTA Club
Mojave Gila Crest
Barcelona Club

Week 2
21/12/20

Oschesleben B
Nürbergrin Müllenbach
Mojave Sidewinder
Leipzig Short (Porsche)
Ruapuna A

Week 3

28/12/20
Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile
Snetterton 100
Ruapuna B
Mojave Boa Ascent
Monza Short

MPSDAFQKIAGAAAMMD_.jpeg

Last edited:
Current participant count - 13

All clean and respectful drivers are welcome to join. Just remember this little series although driven seriously is not to be taken too seriously - if you see what I mean.

I've included those who completed my RSRS. Hopefully they'd like to join in again.

@IfAndOr - Car number 14
@John Wells - Car number 50
@half_sourly - Car number 17
@AndreasR - Car number 38
@Oldbass47 - Car number 49
@Maxmusmonster - Car number 10
@Napalm_LT - Car number 55
@xeronima - Car number 37
@Don Mejillone - Car number 40
@richroo
@beachboy6658
@slthree - Car number 30
@RagingBullLC - Car number 28 (needs checking)

Car numbers and colours? For variety just pick one that no one else is using on the day. However if you'd like to pick one in particular post it below and I'll add it above!

I'll tag a few others who might be interested.
@rj5992
@WiSchmo
@Benny44
@Sick Cylinder
@joedakiss
@Skip7950

Last edited:
Calm down, calm down now everyone. :P

And I haven't even mentioned the hugh amount of prize money yet! That's mainly because there is no prize money, hugh or otherwise. But you could image there virtually is if you want.

Calm down, calm down now everyone. :P

And I haven't even mentioned the hugh amount of prize money yet! That's mainly because there is no prize money, hugh or otherwise. But you could image there virtually is if you want.

I think we all know this is serious stuff and that we're racing for the potentially vacant seat at Red Bull for next season... Game on chaps...

Keen for a chance to get your hands on that top quality executive chair I see. I can't blame you.

With all this excitement whatever I run next might seem anticlimactic. The pressure is on. :lol:

Since some of the tracks are not often used, I'd suggest everyone gets at least a few laps in on any of the circuits they are not familiar with. It would probably be useful to know where the corners are before the races start. ;)

Cheers for the tag Paul, wish I could join (especially with the penalties being off), but unfortunately I'm off PC2 for the foreseeable future. Moved in with my lovely other half which means that everything else that's good in my life has gone to **** ;) I jest of course, just don't have room to set up the rig in the new place and, try as I might, just find no enjoyment in using the pad. I have to be especially careful as I'm now in a flat and throwing the controller out of the window is a bit more serious than before :)

I am on GT Sport still though, the motion controls on that are great and that's satisfying my racing hunger at the moment. Any idea if sick is still running the GT races that he started ages ago?

Last edited:
Cheers for the tag Paul,
Not a problem, I'll always tag you just in case you can make it. Good to hear you're doing OK. 👍
Shame you can't use your wheel, especially since you've made that new rim. I did try some controller settings that I found to be pretty decent, but after using a wheel it wasn't quite the same.

I've just bought PC3 and I'm quite enjoying it. I mention it because that's supposed to have excellent controller implementation so maybe worth a look - £20 from Amazon. So far I'd class it as a better handling GT like game, more than a direct follow on from PC2. Fun though.

Any idea if sick is still running the GT races that he started ages ago?
THIS is where Sick is currently hanging out on Wednesdays. We could do with a few more competitors.

Last edited:
Since some of the tracks are not often used, I'd suggest everyone gets at least a few laps in on any of the circuits they are not familiar with. It would probably be useful to know where the corners are before the races start. ;)

Cheers for the tag Paul, wish I could join (especially with the penalties being off), but unfortunately I'm off PC2 for the foreseeable future. Moved in with my lovely other half which means that everything else that's good in my life has gone to **** ;) I jest of course, just don't have room to set up the rig in the new place and, try as I might, just find no enjoyment in using the pad. I have to be especially careful as I'm now in a flat and throwing the controller out of the window is a bit more serious than before :)

Corners what are those, just go straight on, good see back RJ.

Last edited:
Numbers are optional, since it's only a short series. But if anyone would like to pick a car I'll add it onto post 2 so nobody will hopefully duplicate it. I'll take the one in the picture - number 14.

If there's a #28 I'd like to take that one please! Haven't looked yet. Once I've got GT Sport in a couple of weeks or so (getting the Christmas shopping done first...) I'd be keen to join any series Sick is running on there as well!

Back