The Sound Update Thread (The Return)

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 1,178 comments
Since it has been 4 months already, while I still patiently wait for them to update the Pagani Zonda R sound , does anybody have any idea where do PD see these type of feedback on engine sound?

Oups hay sorry. I was replying to a post 2 pages prior with vid comparing the sound in gt6 and gts. From Racecar about a bmw. I forgot to quote it grr.
I'm on a slow wifi not home, maybe it messed up my reply.

It sounds a hell of alot better though in gts.

Last edited:
With the news that the new Playstation will have a 3D audio chip, I thought it would be nice to talk about it here. Binaural audio really changes everything. Listen to the clip below if you don't know what it is. (use headphones)

It's like you're at the racetrack.

Will the next GT finally make a big leap in sound? Much will have to be done to get to get there, but this news of the new PS has made me excited.

Unsure if this is the right group, seemingly the closest i can find, so here goes. Starting in cockpit with the Mazda Atenza GR.3 i was comparing the interior to the external sound of the car and noticed that, from starting in cockpit, if you rev your car and note the sound, switch to the external view and then back to the cockpit view (Without looking behind) the car will have a different sound to it. Its as though the higher notes from the exterior somewhat carry over back to the cockpit view. This will remain unless i look behind whilst in cockpit and then the sound returns to the default. This doesn't happen with any other car that i can remember of, but i do like hearing the extra raspyness of the exhausts whilst in cockpit, almost like the windows open or something

So, remember how I thought the BMW M3 GT sounded abit too much like they just put the Z4 sample on it with some minor changes? I might have found what they were trying to do:

Granted its not the exact same car (or engine), but I feel like I understand what they were trying to go for.

Last edited:
So, remember how I thought the BMW M3 GT sounded abit too much like they just put the Z4 sample on it with some minor changes? I might have found what they were trying to do:

Granted its not the exact same car (or engine), but I feel like I understand what they were trying to go for.

That does sound very similar indeed... but I still think they just didn't have the correct sample and used the Z4 one.

Back