The thrills of having children

• Thread starter Dissident
  • 30 comments
Dissident---
After reading and Posting in the thread about gamers with families, I thought I would add a little story of what happened to me last week.

I get very little time to play and had gone about 5 days without turning on the PS3. I finally had a couple hours to sit down so I went to pop in gt5 and have some fun.

To my surprise it wouldn't take the disc. I hit eject and heard a horrible racket.

Now I'm stressed. I look at my two year old and say did you put something in here? He says " yea daddy put game in dere".

So the ps3 is out of warranty not that it would have co ered this anyway, so I open her up. Once into the BD Player I find a memory card from the Wii and about 3pieces of springs and plastic that had broken off from inside the player.

So yea. The joys of children.

Sigh...

After reading and Posting in the thread about gamers with families, I thought I would add a little story of what happened to me last week.

I get very little time to play and had gone about 5 days without turning on the PS3. I finally had a couple hours to sit down so I went to pop in gt5 and have some fun.

To my surprise it wouldn't take the disc. I hit eject and heard a horrible racket.

Now I'm stressed. I look at my two year old and say did you put something in here? He says " yea daddy put game in dere".

So the ps3 is out of warranty not that it would have co ered this anyway, so I open her up. Once into the BD Player I find a memory card from the Wii and about 3pieces of springs and plastic that had broken off from inside the player.

Sigh...

I have a five year old that is a menace so what I do is disconnect the PS3 and put it away in a cabinet. I used to just put a tape on the disc tray but sometimes I would find it without the tape.

This is a little of topic ...
He once drop a two litter bottle of Coke in my 120 gallon aquarium killing over $500 dlls worth of fish because he said they were thirsty.

Not necessarily a GT5 thread. Moving. You all should get out and get fresh air more... that's probably what your little boy is telling you. :lol:

Oh... I love the thumping sound as my daughter plays whack-a-mole on the iPad... I sometimes sit there and fantasize the screen cracking.

-

This is why you teach kids how to use the remote control and the DVD player as early as possible. So they can go break their own stuff and leave you in peace. :lol:

Sigh...

Your kid is learning.

Monkey see doesn't = monkey do in this case though, he's aware that 'games' go inside the PS3 and he probably wanted to play something...or was at least curious. Most other kids would have jammed anything that kinda/sorta would fit in a PS3. Not yours though...

Smart kid.

This is a little of topic ...
He once drop a two litter bottle of Coke in my 120 gallon aquarium killing over $500 dlls worth of fish because he said they were thirsty.

:lol: Great story!

My 3 (4 in Feb) year old can already fire up the PS3, turn on the TV, and start an arcade mode race all by himself... scarry!

The disc drive in both our PC and laptop are in disorder from our kids. Today the 6 year old cut a hole in the couch and blamed the dog, my wife believed him when he said that...

As far as gaming related incidents, my wheel needs cleaned from random nastyness about once a week, my wheel stand has matching sleeves of finish nails glued down on either side of my wheel, cars get painted, and money gets spent every chance there is. I have a lot of "cool" cars that I never drive painted like a 6 year old painted them.

So your garage looks like mine? Except I do most of my own painting... :lol:

That's why "Press open / Insert disc properly / Press close" is the very first thing I taught my daughter about CD/DVD/Blu-ray drives.

May I direct everyone to the outnumbered series on the bbc. (You can find clips on the internet also).
It is about an average family.
Dad Pete is a history teacher
Mum (forgotten name) works from home
Jake 14 year old son
Karen 5-6 year old daughter
Ben 8 Year old son

The amount of funny situations are endless.

When my son was three he was wanting me to hook up the DVD player to the new TV so that he could watch a movie. I was, unfortunately, busy at the moment and couldn't get to it. When I was able to get to the living room, about 15 minutes later, he already had the DVD player hooked up to the new LCD TV, had his favorite movie in it and was on the couch with his drink and a pop-tart laughing at his movie. I figured it was a fluke and he learned it by watching me. A few months later my wife went in his room to find him with a couple boxes, and old mouse and keyboard, and told my wife he built himself a computer. When he was five he formatted my hard drive (still think he did that one on purpose) and at seven he is helping me put computers together and can already run a virus scan.

My son is way to smart for his own good and he is scaring me. :scared: :crazy:

Yea that is not the part I need. That part I have and it is actually fine and working. It is the plastic casing that goes around it with all the springs and what not. But I will probably end up buying the entire drive assembled so i don't have to mess with reassembling one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110585919563&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Like that.

I will def be doing as the other user posted here and unhooking and putting the ps3 away when not using!

At the dinner table yesterday, my two boys pulled a couple of jokes on us. This is how it went.

Big Booger - "Ssssshhhhhh! Everyone, be quiet! Shut up! Ssshhhh! I hear a dicfur!"

Little Booger - "What the heck is a dicfur?"

Big Booger - "To pee with."

*school girl giggles from them both

:rolleyes:

And then the little one had to do it a bit later.

Little Booger - "Sssshhhhhh! Quiet! I hear a henway!

Big Booger - "What's a henway?"

Little Booger - "Oh, about two-and-a-half, three pounds."

*school girl giggles from them both

:rolleyes:

I grounded them both for a month! 👍

I called one of my professors once and he picks up the phone and starts talking to me. Shortly after, his 2 year old son picks up the phone and goes, "Hewooooooooooo???" I was dying.

Daughter sprayed Windex on my keyboard; she noticed it was dirty. I mean, you appreciate when they can finally clean up after themselves and alongside you, but that lesson cost us.

On Sunday, said daughter also unloaded everything form my suitcase, just as I'd went to get a shirt from the clothes drier. She wanted to come with me, she said.

zK6RL_7stARpgyJC81WBh7DLdwbB3JX8CMCSiOfr1hKuDjWjmCcYdwK8iSlqkUJCb4R0Fb3PmTJlS8A49lCG5EVpxUYFKB5YEGyGGJcplN1nDpzkA21HmCyd77o5QD4_wCkKGdI1PALgaFoZclxoCRrR7ZErrdDx09Xu070hTNigWrthMuQBH_nipl8AaC2r1ICiVNAJBXNuU8EeBhKvTel9ZMtdQn0CeZc9KACYBiZ5rKhEWtwjnyXvsrMOzLMX1FNX4aqpDCi6dTBKqi4JzqyUHVyyUcbvDYsys-JoreBQWBABC-Cg0dcUoFQsE4j18qpQY9KXl0BsF8xSpx2pN_RLyjaWf2fz7A5FE4jBX6t21rCIaDxxtzMcGbZ6GohkOcadUmM9nMgaDrhLMKYDu8zN7M3-GNqBZcGGWDYw6Z9EMCLxUS--fzKP7Z-vXPc_rPnf9ax0ZawAU-Snf8-IedvlUu9OKBX6z_Af6i8p6ZoqlSqeVgs-BIcSR2Zi6BkOVFY8t8P4E7vIMCKAm07XtFCK406iAzV6amIAc6tMhnOX7TZYLC-3TERsR5S9GP9qAZhuW2soxUP4EQtAFvEiG1q-mOYeeHRUZ2kPKJrDStCUuJA0TDSR=w720-h480-no

Sometimes, it's not hard to forgive... :)

Last edited:
Daughter sprayed Windex on my keyboard; she noticed it was dirty. I mean, you appreciate when they can finally clean up after themselves and alongside you, but that lesson cost us.

On Sunday, said daughter also unloaded everything form my suitcase, just as I'd went to get a shirt from the clothes drier. She wanted to come with me, she said.

TakeMeWithYou.jpg

Sometimes, it's not hard to forgive... :)

Adorable! 👍

But I would've grounded her butt for two months! :P

Zip up suit case and mail to China...that'll teach her for spraying Windex on your keyboard! :lol:

After putting the little bastards to bed, and feeling wasted because of all the mayhem they cause I was looking for a thread like this.

Love them dearly but they have this magical ability to drain your patience and energy away. Also I love it that if they realize that they want something, they repeat it 5 times in less than a minute, and if you want them to listen you also have to repeat it 5 times before they actually respond.. :D

It's been many years since this thread was alive, so there must be a lot of new mayhem stories. Please do share ladies and gentlemen, let's vent.

Latest Posts

Back