The Ultimate force feedback "Wheel Buyers Guide" for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X and XBox One

@Sephiquall I guess you won’t make up your mind on one person’s reply but here goes. I too am not a race fan. I don’t know drivers, nor race series, nor teams… but I do like driving/racing. I started with GT5 loaned from a friend and could not get my Logitech G27 to work, even after months of trying. The wheel and Playseat sat 1.5 to 2 years until GT6 came out. I decided to try it again - and GT6 worked immediately and perfectly. I completed all driving tests and completed career mode over 4 months then unleashed my talent to online racing. I recommend league racing as the people race much more cleanly. Additionally, you’ll meet like minded individuals. After PS4 came out, I sold the G27 and added another $50 to get a G29. Beware of the addiction; once I realized this sim world was so much fun for so little money, I decided to splurge for Fanatec equipment, RSeat, Buttkicker, etc. The better equipment makes me love it even more.

A bad stint behind the wheel is still better than a good day at work. Go for it!

The big question I have is whether it will be worth it for me? I realise a €300-400 wheel will feel drastically better than the €50 wheels I've had in the past, but it's a big sum to put down for something I'm not 100% sure I'll enjoy... 😕
You can always sell it when you are bored with it and recoup nearly all of the cost - and if supply problems continue for a lot of hardware it you might even get more than you paid!

Hey guys,
Im setting up a media/gaming room after not owning a console for the last 12 years. The PS5 arrived last week and the Xbox Series X gets here next week. I have an old Logitech G27 in barely used condition in storage at my parents place that I used on my old PS3.

Will the G27 work on these new consoles with Forza and GT7?

Has the hardware drastically improved since the G27 to the point a casual gamer like myself will really notice enough difference to spend the money on new gear?

Cheers, looking forward to getting back into it.

NZL
Hey guys,
Im setting up a media/gaming room after not owning a console for the last 12 years. The PS5 arrived last week and the Xbox Series X gets here next week. I have an old Logitech G27 in barely used condition in storage at my parents place that I used on my old PS3.

Has the hardware drastically improved since the G27 to the point a casual gamer like myself will really notice enough difference to spend the money on new gear?

I say buy new gear that is compatible.

NZL
Hey guys,

If you're good with money, its always good to have more recent stuff otherwise I'm pretty sure that G27 will work just fine.

Is there a new generation of wheels for PS5 and such? It seems as though all the wheels available now are pre 2020. I don’t want to spend more than $500, but if waiting a few months for a newer model is an option, I’ll go that route.
Or is say a G923 as good as anyone needs, regardless of PS4/5?

Back