• 1,339 comments

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
EDIT: This thread was just intended for the 1.32 update, to run a poll & see how people felt about those changes. But, for some unknown reason, people keep posting in here instead of the original GT Sport's Physics Thread located here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-physics-thread.362845/

Original post below;

The physics in GT Sport have been updated according to the 1.32 changelog. However, exactly what has changed hasn't been revealed.

"4. Physics Simulation Model
 - The handling behavior of the cars has been adjusted."
Source.

Keeping in mind The Emperor's New Clothes effect, what actual changes have you personally noticed so far?

Last edited:
I've only driven one car so far, but did notice that the 96 Evo on SH tyres doesn't oversteer like crazy when going into certain corners like the second degner when using the pad anymore. It feels much more planted & natural. Haven't tried it with the wheel yet though...

I'm going to try and better my qually in race B. I've been using the 458 exclusively so I'll run times against my ghost. Report back shortly

Edit: Much better imo. The 458 feels much more weighty and less floaty at the back. Throttle application feels far more connected with a more noticeable weight transfer that feels like it puts grip to the back.

Drifts can be caught like you would react in a real car now. I kept my foot in a few times and felt the tyres bite and hook back up without it turning in to merrygorounds lol.

More grip after bumping over curbs to. Tyres no longer feel like blocks of ice as you regain grip.

This is only 1 car I've tested, but I've been driving this car track combo all week so I have a direct comparison.

Knocked 2 tenths off my qually to :)

Re-edit: I'm on a wheel by the way. Only a t150 mind.

Last edited:
I found the GR3 Lambo so much more fun to drive. Real contender now and clipped a second of my previous best on Nurb GP without trying. The Honda NSX is completely transformed and is a joy to drive. As others have said when it starts losing control it is possible to pull it back whereas before you were in a completely uncontrolled spin. Whether the new physics are more true to life then I cannot say as I haven't even driven these cars on the road within the speed limits in real life let alone flat out on a racing circuit. For me the key is that they are now fun to drive.

CJ

As a Ferrari driver myself, I can confirm the 458 GT3 just got really good out of nowhere. It’s become much more stable during turn-in when before it would just kind of fishtail. The rear feels a lot more weighty than it did before. The only problem with the added stability is the car feels a little more sluggish than it used to, will still need to get used to that.

But this is great, now I can focus more on my braking points and apexes rather than the 458’s temperaments.

One of my big complaints when the MINI Cooper S arrived was that on sport soft tires it handled nothing like the real car (as an almost 15 year owner of one and "spirited" driver). I took it out on Alsace again after the update and it felt much closer (this was before knowing there were physics changes). I think the backend still breaks too much in corners compared to the real deal -- when I've done canyon carving in the MINI, I could feel the back gradually start to give at speed, but in GTS it just gets loose without much in-between -- but it felt much more stable to me than it did previously.

So perhaps part of this change was improving the notoriously bad sport tire physics model.

As a Ferrari driver myself, I can confirm the 458 GT3 just got really good out of nowhere. It’s become much more stable during turn-in when before it would just kind of fishtail. The rear feels a lot more weighty than it did before. The only problem with the added stability is the car feels a little more sluggish than it used to, will still need to get used to that.

But this is great, now I can focus more on my braking points and apexes rather than the 458’s temperaments.

I did a few laps last night in the 458 Gr.3 on Brands, as I'm wont to do, and it did feel like when the car got loose in the back, it was more controllable, and it tended to drift in sharp turns less. But I really hesitate to make those definitive statements without doing more laps, especially as I've been away from the game for a little bit.

I still think PD nerfing the Ferrari's power was a bad decision though, and I'm not sure handling improvements will counter that.

Damn, this is hype. I've always wanted to use the NSX Gr.3 in Sport Mode but the lack of grip is just :yuck: gonna test it out later when I get back home.

I felt the abs working in the breaking, much more like PC2: not so intense, but a great step forward. I also felt the force feedback more informative, even I'm owning just a T150: I feel now understeer quite lively, especially in high speed corners, and as many of you said the behaviour of MR cars is quite close to reality. Lamborghini GT3 handles, to me, as in AC. It became driveable. Surely it is a step forward. Don't know about tire wear

4c feels more stable at Dragon Trail. Haven't checked brake balance so I dont know if the bias settings still do the opposite of what they should.

I've been driving the GT86 gr4 @ Dragon last few days, the car used to be a nightmare over the kerbs. If you hit the apex of the quadruple right hander, the right side of the car would be launched into the air but be just about controlable, albiet with a bit of throttle control. If you cut other corners to the point where the inside wheel was off the track, then the car would've been launched off the circuit, no way to get it back.

Now the car rides the kerbs so much better, I can smack any of the 4 quadruple apex's and not loose control, infact, I can keep it full throttle.

The feedback through the wheel is different, previously, hitting / cutting the kerbs would come through the wheel as a crash / bang, now it's more like a dull thud i.e. the feedback through the wheel is softer.

This is what it felt like on GT5 / 6 when the suspension was balanced (dull thud) compared to a stock / default or unbalanced setup (both too hard or too soft) which gave more of a bang / crash.

I don't feel like this was a physics or tyre change, but something to do with the suspension. The improvements are all very similiar to what you'd get from amending the stock setup i.e. better feel / feedback through wheel, better stability with the car and better ride(ing) of kerbs etc to a more balanced setup between the springs dampers and ARB...

I drove a few other cars in quali practice and they all rode the kerbs so much smoother.

Weirdly, for me, none of my laptimes improved, if anything I was struggling to beat my quali time 1:38:7 (GT86), BUT, I was able to get closer to it with more cars, most of them around 1:39:5.

That's chase cam with all driving aids off.

Just my POV / experience of this 'change'..

I felt the abs working in the breaking, much more like PC2: not so intense, but a great step forward. I also felt the force feedback more informative, even I'm owning just a T150: I feel now understeer quite lively, especially in high speed corners, and as many of you said the behaviour of MR cars is quite close to reality. Lamborghini GT3 handles, to me, as in AC. It became driveable. Surely it is a step forward. Don't know about tire wear

Yeah, I’m not sure if it’s placebo or not, but the feedback on my Fanatec wheel “felt” different. I can feel over/understeer better and catching mistakes is much easier.

Yeah, I’m not sure if it’s placebo or not, but the feedback on my Fanatec wheel “felt” different. I can feel over/understeer better and catching mistakes is much easier.
Tried on Sunday the Lambo, which I could drive only on South Inner Loop, now I can drive it consistently because I can feel it more though the FFB. Before it was nearly dull, you could prevent oversteer only by seeing it, now you can actually feel oversteer/understeer quite clearly.

Just won a 5 lap Monza Custom Race on Professional difficulty with the Lambo GT3 - that was never going to happen before. This new physics is night and day better than the old physics. At least for an enjoyable drive it is. Whether it is really closer to reality or not I cannot comment but I am seriously enjoying the game. It seems that every disaster is of my own making now rather than 'why the heck did it do that?'

The new physics is THE part of this new release. It is awesome!!

CJ

Back