Potato...

• Thread starter VBR
  • 1,339 comments
Had to vote slightly worse. It seems to have been changed to cater for those that have no throttle control out of corners.

Well, it's not like maybe the Lambo and the Ferrari were really uncontrollable... right?
Hard =/= realistic. A GT3 should feel at least predictable, because it has lots of downforce. Then it can be loose or tight or whatever, but I should be able at least to feel that an oversteer is coming if I apply slightly more throttle.

This has been discussed in the update thread. Others have said it's always been there but it's more noticeable on the route x track because it's on all the time, whereas it's normally less prevalent. Can't say myself, haven't played much this week yet.

They did get blue even before the update but you had to stop on track for a few minutes to notice it. I probably also have a video where it does that.

Last edited:
Yeah this isn't good for me, at all. I rely on lift oversteer to turn the car in, there was already a shortage of it IMHO and now even less, seriously annoying. Around Gardens i am dying, just CANNOT turn the cars in, massively frustrating.
I’m having to relearn cornering again, trail braking is totally different too. Have to go much deeper now and brake harder. Smoothness in the corner no near the same now. Plus with my T-GT it locks up a bit now in a corner.

Last edited:
Much better.
I can finally do a proper lap of the Nurburgring with my 600hp GT40.
It was impossible before.
Impossible to take a proper turn without sliding with the 4 wheels.
And it was the best set-up I've tried.
Great Job !

Overall I think GTS is getting almost everything right, keeping in mind that GT has always been a simcade, or let's say a soft racing sim.

The main aspect I think they should revise is that cars are currently too stable in curves at high speeds or during braking.

While cruising the long bend (Renault) at Barcelona track with a Gr.3 should give a lot of longitudinal and perpendicular shaking to the car. Same in every hard breaking section of every track, there should be more "bumping".

These aspects are completely neglected and absent in GTS. The cars are often behaving too flat, like they are placed on a snooker table and without any weight transfer applied.

If you have the opportunity to play AC (or you see any cockpit cam of any race), you know what I am talking about.

If they manage to introduce these small aspects, the game could be much more challenging and deep.
Now sometimes is too much 'pedal to the metal'. On/Off, Acceleration/Braking.

Last edited:
They need to stop "updating" the physics. I am tired of constantly having to re-test cars every 3 months because PD can't get it right the first time. Do it once, do it right, and be done with it.

Well said 👍

This has been going on since GT5 came out, it's a total pain in the butt, especially if you have alot of cars setup for certain tracks / races / series or situations.

It's even worse when PD change it without saying anything, then change it back after you've just finished amending the setups on all your cars.

Totally infuriating, but it's what PD has consistently done 👎 :ill: 👎

While I agree that mindlessly fiddling with things is pointless & infuriating (if it ain't broke, don't fix it), PD have only done 2 updates to GT Sports physics, & in the opinion of most people who voted in both polls I ran they were needed improvements.

VBR
While I agree that mindlessly fiddling with things is pointless & infuriating (if it ain't broke, don't fix it), PD have only done 2 updates to GT Sports physics, & in the opinion of most people who voted in both polls I ran they were needed improvements.

They've done 3 actually if you count the 1.23 Tire Model update. That wiped all the times as well.

They've done 3 actually if you count the 1.23 Tire Model update. That wiped all the times as well.

Really? I was only aware of the 1.23 & 1.32 updates; what other physics update was there?

VBR
Really? I was only aware of the 1.23 & 1.32 updates; what other physics update was there?

It was a couple months after launch, the update when they changed the Campaign License times and made them easier to achieve. They also improved grip of SH tires or some such, in that same update

They need to stop "updating" the physics. I am tired of constantly having to re-test cars every 3 months because PD can't get it right the first time. Do it once, do it right, and be done with it.

I'm with you a 100% on this. This game is really starting to become a joke. All this time and effort invested in learning & practicing for absolutely nothing because PD just makes sure it was all a complete waste of your time.

At one time Gran Turismo had there stuff together and it was a game everyone wanted to play but now its become a joke to a lot of long time players.

Here we are again with a change in the physics to effect the way cars handle. Absolutely something that should never be done once the game is officially released.
Regardless of what some people like to say or may believe Its apparent that PD & GTS is doing nothing more than a live beta test on everyone for their unfinished game. What a shame for the franchise that was once at the top of all console racing games. Keep it up PD and soon you won't exist at all now that other racing games are doing it better than you all without using people for live beta testing on a Officially Released game.

I was not aware, that physics has been changed, but I've noticed it while playing. It is now so much simplier... Cars are going like on railways. :embarrassed: I think this is better and easier now for casual players, but if it's better for the game? I'm not sure.

The people who say trail braking is different now: What setting do you put ABS on? Because on default, you can stand on the brake completely to the apex and you could do that before as well, quite different to other games (and real life). ABS is a magic device in GTS :).

Lift off oversteer was the worst in the GT3 Lambo before 1.23, it really is tamed now. Maybe too much so, but I prefer "too easy and fun" over "unrealisticly difficult".

I'm with you a 100% on this. This game is really starting to become a joke. All this time and effort invested in learning & practicing for absolutely nothing because PD just makes sure it was all a complete waste of your time.

At one time Gran Turismo had there stuff together and it was a game everyone wanted to play but now its become a joke to a lot of long time players.

Here we are again with a change in the physics to effect the way cars handle. Absolutely something that should never be done once the game is officially released.
Regardless of what some people like to say or may believe Its apparent that PD & GTS is doing nothing more than a live beta test on everyone for their unfinished game. What a shame for the franchise that was once at the top of all console racing games. Keep it up PD and soon you won't exist at all now that other racing games are doing it better than you all without using people for live beta testing on a Officially Released game.

I totally agree. Next game should just have one car, one track and no updates what so ever. That way you’d achieve maximum practice efficiency, which is what sim racing is all about.

I don’t understand how some of you can make the comments that you have...
Initially, at release the cars were waaay more on rails (gr3 gr4 gr1). Also there was a big balance problem in mr racing cars. T1 nurb gp you almost couldn’t drive at all...
First update this was improved...This update has improved further at least on wheel...

The concept that I see happening going forward is that since this title is so dominant within the genre, it is continuing to be improved upon within the confines of console power to facilitate the transition to a more powerful console. PD is quite astute. You dominate the genre and continually reinvest to stay at the cutting edge, and then when more powerful hardware is released boom you release even better stuff to stay ahead of the pack. Business wise it’s smart, and it’s why I’ve said from day one this game will be a benchmark for quite some time.
Accessible yet challenging. Very telling that the best player in the world races formula cars irl. If you want to dominate a genre like this you must stay accessible. Niche games that make the simple act of driving a car unnecessarily complex and difficult will always be just niche. Let those games be what they are and continue to exist for those who enjoy them.

A process of continuing improvement is the hallmark of a successful venture in business not something negative.

Well, after playing alot more pCARS 2 over the last few weeks, I was pleasantly surprised the way the cars feel coming back to play on GTS this week.

I do see some improvements with the physics but what's most impressive is that they are doing something with the tyre model. Now, I feel alot more detail with the steering wheel between the tyre and the road.

Still alot more to go but it's getting there.

Last edited:
Well said 👍

This has been going on since GT5 came out, it's a total pain in the butt, especially if you have alot of cars setup for certain tracks / races / series or situations.

It's even worse when PD change it without saying anything, then change it back after you've just finished amending the setups on all your cars.

Totally infuriating, but it's what PD has consistently done 👎 :ill: 👎

It’s even worse when you run leagues and need to change stuff every update to adapt to the physics change. People keep wanting to change car as their favourite cars are now drivable and the one they currently have suddenly kills tires like crazy. BoP updates are one thing but physics updates make it a real mess for a few races until people get used to it and the next update messes up stuff again... Progress is good but we might have to wait until the last patch to have a more stable environment to organize events.

Is it really such a hard concept to understand that things can improve over time?

First to improve something you must first know what the hell your doing. Its quite obvious with the way PD is all over the map changing things that they have no idea what they are doing. They change things for the good or the bad then wait a few months and change it again and I'm not just talking about the physics. So I bought a game only to become their test mule.

Improvements are a matter of opinion because not everyone is happy with every change they make especially when it comes to the physics.
Yet the game still remains riddled with problems, bugs and cheats that they still haven't been fixed...how about those improvement?

I would have thought the progression with video games over the years would have led to better game development but instead it's made companies lazy in my opinion. Now more and more people find it acceptable that the game you buy on the day it's released will not be the same game a year later.

I totally agree. Next game should just have one car, one track and no updates what so ever. That way you’d achieve maximum practice efficiency, which is what sim racing is all about.

No no no no. You're getting it all wrong. Because the thing is to "do it once, do it right, and be done with it" - as we know perfection can't be reached, thus it can't be done right, and as a result there won't be the next game. From anyone. Ever.

I was not aware, that physics has been changed, but I've noticed it while playing. It is now so much simplier... Cars are going like on railways. :embarrassed: I think this is better and easier now for casual players, but if it's better for the game? I'm not sure.
At least now you have much more grip when in the past the cars behaved strangely unstable on the roads with contant feeling they weight too low. For me the new physics are more enjoyable to drive.

Wow..

To all those who have questioned the do it once approach - did you all forget what it was like for GT1 to GT4, where you bought the game and played it (with no updates) until the next one was released?

Maybe you could go back to the GT1 - 4 forums and show us all your posts and threads about the need to update the physics you had back then?

Anyone try Mt Panorama with gr3 yet?
Feels like the cars are much stiffer and track well, but are easier to break loose. Track bumps and curbs feel much more pronounced than I recall...

I did Nurb 24 with both the Lambo and Ferrari. I previously had no Lambo time because I couldn't stay remotely close to the other GR3 cars. I had managed an 8:21 with a tuned Ferrari (with BoP on).

I did an 8:20.6 in the Ferrari (brake balance -2) and I was right with that ghost in the Lambo, but I had to take off, so I still have no time. But, the indication is that it is now on par with the other GR3 cars at Nurb. I also lapped Catalunya with them and I can confirm that they are no longer a handful through the last chicane. (update, I did 8:21.6, but I can do better)

They should be fine at Bathurst as well.

The cars feel like they're on rails now - no oversteer, minimal understeer - boring.

That's a pretty general comment., I would say this may be true for whatever you drove, but this is definitely not applicable to "the cars" in general.

Update - Interesting. You changed your comment from saying that "all the cars under steer, ergo it's all crap, to all the cars are on rails and it's boring, ergo it's crap. Pick one.

Last edited:
Wow..

To all those who have questioned the do it once approach - did you all forget what it was like for GT1 to GT4, where you bought the game and played it (with no updates) until the next one was released?

Maybe you could go back to the GT1 - 4 forums and show us all your posts and threads about the need to update the physics you had back then?

The physics were horse **** back then so you're doing anything but proving your point.
Second, nobody talked about updating the game because it was nearly impossible to update everyone's game without the Internet.

Seriously, some people.

No. The game isn’t going to halt development simply because you run a time trial thread or have an online championship. The game updates will cater to the official online competitions that this game supports and PD is allowed to change whatever the crap they want so long as it improves the experience with said online championships.

Thank you.

Back