The Vettel Challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nissan hater
  • 37 comments
  • 3,142 views
Messages
6
Either im absolutly crap at this challenge, or its just too damn hard, either way ive given up trying to do those 3 challenges just to get a stupid car.

Think ill just get to Level 40 and buy the damn thing.

Anyone else in the same frame of mind?
 
I would agree with you there, but if you want to grind and grind just to get the X2010s for yourself, it's going to be a while...

And also, getting one early and for absolutely nothing is a plus for me, along with the awards and the EXP. But you are going to get really agitated trying for the gold, as you get the prototype version from golding the event...

Besides, if you do manage to obtain one early, then you can breeze through the rest of the endurance events and what not...
 
It's pretty hard with a wheel and almost impossible with a DS3. It took me like an hour on each track to get gold but the EXP and CR are worth it imo.
 
There are already 1,000 threads on this topic.
💡
 
DS3 user here, after an hour i realized it ain't happening for me unless i get a wheel. was to far off the times to bother any more plus i would have just traded the X2010 after Bob was done with the enduros anyways.
 
The XP and CR. are absolutely worth it! As soon as I hit LEVEL30 I took off and started doing them.. they've been the only races I've ran and I'm now LEVEL34

I've golded Nurburg and Monza, Silver on Suzuka which I am only 0.100 off of Gold so I should have it very soon.

If I'm not mistaken for golding Monza and Nurburg I got approx. 2,040,020 XP points for EACH race. So if that is true for all of them... we are talking about 6million XP points.
 
The XP and CR. are absolutely worth it! As soon as I hit LEVEL30 I took off and started doing them.. they've been the only races I've ran and I'm now LEVEL34

I've golded Nurburg and Monza, Silver on Suzuka which I am only 0.100 off of Gold so I should have it very soon.

If I'm not mistaken for golding Monza and Nurburg I got approx. 2,040,020 XP points for EACH race. So if that is true for all of them... we are talking about 6million XP points.

Holy! I didn't know it was that high! I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight!
 
If I'm not mistaken for golding Monza and Nurburg I got approx. 2,040,020 XP points for EACH race. So if that is true for all of them... we are talking about 6million XP points.

You are mistaken, that's around 2.800.000 Exp for three GOLD'S, not 6 mil
 
You are mistaken, that's around 2.800.000 Exp for three GOLD'S, not 6 mil

No... I believe I am right.. you have to factor in the Silver and Bronze prizes.. you get those too!

I just golded Suzuka with a 2:09.490 and received 900,000+ XP.

You're right about the golds being around 3.000.000 XP, but you have to add in the Silver and Bronze prizes also.
 
Don't do it for the X1, do it for the challenge.

I've got loads of X1's and I'm still hitting the vettel challenge for the fun of it.
2 bronzes and a gold so far (DFGT), and as I soon as I get my replacement wheel I'll be hitting it again 👍

1 tip though for people that haven't unlocked it yet, the x1 you use in the challenge drives differently to one you might pick up in a trade.
Gearing and grip levels are different, especially gearing. So bear that in mind if you're looking to get one for pre-practice.
 
Well for golding suzuka you should earn little more then 1.000.000 but that's for bronze + silver + gold in total, i would have to check this later on my friends account.
 
anyone in here whos golded these challenges with a DS3? anyone? Ive just unlocked the challenge and its a pain in ''somewhere '' I cant get it to the ****in finishline without falling out! :s spend a good hour on the nür best I could do was one lap and almost to the last chicanes.... :(
 
Gold with DS you can achieve on Monza, but that's it! Suzuka and Nurb are impossible, no one has done it so far.
 
Well for golding suzuka you should earn little more then 1.000.000 but that's for bronze + silver + gold in total, i would have to check this later on my friends account.

I did get more in total.. but I only silver'd it the very first go around. Once I finally got gold it gave me almost $500k and 927.xxx xP
 
Gold with DS you can achieve on Monza, but that's it! Suzuka and Nurb are impossible, no one has done it so far.

It has been done. God knows how, but someone on these forums has achieved it.
Can't remember the guy unfortunately.
 
So far, all my attempts where I didn't get DQ'd for going offtrack have been within one second of bronze. I missed a bronze on Suzuka by 1/1000th of a second (2:16.001) earlier.
 
i did 2:35.xx on the first one and bronze is 2:12 ..... lol :( i only try twice
 
i unlocked it today after running the new seasonal events. Did Nurb 1st and finally finished 2 laps and am ~10 seconds off. Definitely doable but i was getting dizzy lol.
 
1 tip though for people that haven't unlocked it yet, the x1 you use in the challenge drives differently to one you might pick up in a trade.
Gearing and grip levels are different, especially gearing. So bear that in mind if you're looking to get one for pre-practice.

How different? Is the one used in the challenge quicker? Grippier? Twitchy-er?
 
How different? Is the one used in the challenge quicker? Grippier? Twitchy-er?

well the Default Aero is set to -- Front ( 63 ) -- Rear ( 87 )

it's max is Front (150) -- Rear (200) so that is A LOT of grip missing from the challenge itself.
 
regarding the aero... what are the pros and cons for having high/low settings on the wings?
 
It's pretty hard with a wheel and almost impossible with a DS3. It took me like an hour on each track to get gold but the EXP and CR are worth it imo.

3 hrs?Damn,it took me about 20hrs,but i enjoyed the challenge.
 
regarding the aero... what are the pros and cons for having high/low settings on the wings?

If you max out the downforce you'll have a substantial amount of grip with the sacrifice of a slower top speed.

If you decrease the downforce.. the less grip you'll have but the higher top speed.

Also.. Higher front downforce helps reduce understeer.

Higher rear downforce helps reduce oversteer
 
It's pretty hard with a wheel and almost impossible with a DS3. It took me like an hour on each track to get gold but the EXP and CR are worth it imo.

did you use any assists??
 
How different? Is the one used in the challenge quicker? Grippier? Twitchy-er?


Less grip due to less downforce (as previously mentioned) and I don't know what they've done to the gearing, but your optimum gear choice on any given corner differs by up to 3 gears higher or lower vs your 'private' X1.
For example, the last corner at Monza can be taken in 6th (or 7th for the brave) in one of my X1's vs 4th in the challenge.
This goes for most of the others.

When I say less grip, it's not a huuuuge difference as the car grips like crazy anyway.

This is with TC/ABS at 1. Could do it on zero tbh, it doesn't make much difference.
 
I tried to the challenge this morning, and man, even with a wheel and SRF on it's insanely hard. On Nurb, I keep getting 2 seconds behind bronze. I'm going to see some vids first next time I try, but if I still can't do it, I'm just going to wait until level 40
to get an X1.
 
Think ill just level up to 40 by doing the Indy 500 edurance a LOT! only 10 level to go anyway.....then that car will be mine!


BTW, on a side note, i did do the second challenge with a time of 2:18 with a DS3 so only 8 seconds off...practise, practise practise....
 
It has been done. God knows how, but someone on these forums has achieved it.
Can't remember the guy unfortunately.

I know this guy and he's a liar, and a big one. Sorry but Gold on Suzuka using DualShock is impossible. Reaction times on DS are way to slow, it's something called "DeadZone". DS simply does not react as quickly as any wheel.

Suzuka also has very calm and gently corners, that requires very precise (being exactly that and neither more nor less) turning. While using wheel you can achieve that by increasing turn more and more. Now how do you do exactly the same thing with DS?? It's impossible.
 
I bronzed all of them in an hour. Silver and gold will take a long time. I'll work on it here and there.
 
Back