The Vettel Challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nissan hater
  • 37 comments
  • 3,142 views
Suzuka also has very calm and gently corners, that requires very precise (being exactly that and neither more nor less) turning. While using wheel you can achieve that by increasing turn more and more. Now how do you do exactly the same thing with DS?? It's impossible.

Its the same thing as using a mouse on a computer, which comes naturally to anyone with any skill at all. Its far from impossible to gold Suzuka with a DS3.
 
I know this guy and he's a liar, and a big one. Sorry but Gold on Suzuka using DualShock is impossible. Reaction times on DS are way to slow, it's something called "DeadZone". DS simply does not react as quickly as any wheel.

Suzuka also has very calm and gently corners, that requires very precise (being exactly that and neither more nor less) turning. While using wheel you can achieve that by increasing turn more and more. Now how do you do exactly the same thing with DS?? It's impossible.

Maybe he's BS'ing, maybe I was thinking of someone else.. I don't know.
I think that while it's unbelievably difficult to do it with a DS3, I don't think it's impossible. Some guys are ridiculously fast with a pad.

I'll stick with my DFGT though ;)
 
i just unlocked this challenge last night. First impressions are that I cant drive it AT ALL. Not used to having so much downforce. My brain cant comprehend braking and holding the throttle at the same time, while switching gear. Its just not possible for ME and Im using a DS3. Any tips on how to get more used to it and a good car to practice with as a stepping stone.
 
Just stick with it mate, it'll get easier.
If it's really difficult, try it on automatic for a while until you're used to the speed and cornering.
 
I've bronzed suzuka and nurb and silver monza with the ds3...but I think it's pretty much impossible for gold with the stupid ds3...I can't wait for my wheel to come in.
 
Maybe someone here can help me out with a question I have about this challenge..

I have been working on the Nür GT track, and I'll get a total time of about 2mins9secs, but when I cross the finish line it adds another 10 seconds to my time!

So, though I saved a replay that shows a total time of 2:09, it registers as 2:19 when I complete this track, and I don't even qualify for the bronze at 2:14.

Am I getting penalized for something I'm not aware of?
Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
For me Bronze was the best I good do with a DS3 and trust me that was a pain in the A##!
 
Well for golding suzuka you should earn little more then 1.000.000 but that's for bronze + silver + gold in total, i would have to check this later on my friends account.

And i did, so i was mistaken, sorry for that!

Nurburgring GP/F
Bronze 463640
Silver 649100
Gold 927280

Total 2040020

Monza
Bronze 463640
Silver 649100
Gold 927280

Total 2040020

Suzuka
Bronze 463640
Silver 649100
Gold 927280

Total 2040020

Total 2040020 x 3 equals 6.120,060

Nurburgring






Monza






Suzuka





​
 
Back