The views!

• Thread starter Brit999
  • 9 comments
gtp_brit999
I have watched so many Pcars videos over the last week or so I would like to ask a question of those who seem to be in the know!

From all I have seen there seems to be a bumper cam, head cam, windshield cam, seat cam (with steering wheel and instruments), seat cam (without steering wheel but with instruments). Then there seem to be add-ons to some or all of the above (Instruments, engine readouts, position etc.).

Will all of these views be available on game release or have they just been there during different parts of development?

Views will also be fully customizable. FOV, HUD, look to apex, ect.
Is it possible to save your setup for each car/view separately? I find in AC that I like my cockpit views different in each car depending on the cockpit layout, pillar positions and size etc.

Views will also be fully customizable. FOV, HUD, look to apex, ect.

Will this also be true on the consoles? I hope so and as Johnny asked will these (in particular FOV which could potentially affect framerate) get applied to a setup per car? In other racing sims I've used on PC I think the field of view and seating position tends to be adjustable by car whereas the look to apex feature is set at a global level.

Also when using the Virtual Reality headsets (Oculus Rift and ultimately Project Morpheus) does anyone know if the virtual head movement will only work in helmet view? I can't quite visualise how chasecam in particular would work successfully.

Pretty sure at launch there will be;

• Bumper
  • Hood
  • Cockpit 1
  • Helmet
  • Cockpit 2
  • Roof
  • 3rd Person 1
  • 3rd Person 2
Rest assured that it will be annoying when you're trying to go into cockpit 1 and you accidentally skip it and have to cycle through it all again.

We don't have the final list yet.

Back