The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Monatsende, Dec 14, 2013.

?

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

1. Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

271 vote(s)
    65.9%
  2. No! Just no!

42 vote(s)
    10.2%
  3. I don`t care!

98 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. Dan

Dan Premium

How's the handling? I felt that the regular car understeered quite often and needed to slow down early because of the weight.

flynch3211 likes this.
  2. Monatsende

Monatsende

I liked the AMG VGT. And I like the AMG VGT RS, too. It has more power and less weight. Handling in stock condition (seasonal) was quite good. I`m curious how it works with a good tune.

3. Vic Reign93

Vic Reign93 Premium

From the settings, it has quite a lot of rear downforce and not as much at the front so that'll be a good place to start.

The suspension could be tighter and the transmission could be raised up to get the the most out of the power band which ends roughly around 6K Rpm.

All in all though, it's a good car. I was racing at McClarenDesign's Gran Turismo Tuesdays and we had some very close racing.

CallmeDan likes this.
  4. Dan

Dan Premium

Ok. That's good news. Thanks.

Intronium likes this.
  5. hardvibes

hardvibes

This is kinda obvious
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The color I chose.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    BJahalt88, ProjectF, CCXRacer and 3 others like this.
  6. Dan

Dan Premium

Definitely getting mine in that color scheme.

7. Vic Reign93

Vic Reign93 Premium

I already did and it is good. :p:lol:

CallmeDan likes this.
  8. Dan

Dan Premium

My big concern now is whether or not we will have to do parkour while throwing CGI frisbees at one another.

CaddyKOP, NA, Intronium and 1 other person like this.
  9. flynch3211

flynch3211

I didn't have to modify anything. I finish first in silverstone with maybe 5 or 6 seconds to sapre, and because i've slipped out on a few places I finished third at Spa. the slip were because I drive like a crazy B*****d, and sometime I brake wayyy too late. apart from that... the handling is very good.

On a side note, Why didn't they also though of a black with red accents? I love the tron bike hommage, But I feel this car is way advanced in design and could fit for a K.I.T.T. model.

What is the average weight of a GT3 car... 1300Kg is kind of light for a GT3 car wouldn't it?

10. nascarfan1400

nascarfan1400

Apparently @Jordan hinted that the next VGT Will be here this Friday. :)

Ph1sher likes this.
  11. Monatsende

Monatsende

I`m really ready for battle to update this thread. Unfortunately there`s nothing to update. :(

12. nascarfan1400

nascarfan1400

:)

Ph1sher likes this.
  13. Skyline_77

Skyline_77

Soon enough!

PD will surely deliver :dopey:

14. Shirrako

Shirrako

I contacted BMW and this is what they told me about the Vision GT car.

" unfortunately we cannot give you any details. We're in the middle of the design process and will let you know once there's a date we can announce. Quite exciting, we can't wait to see your feedback on the final ingame model! Best regards, Your BMW Facebook Team"

Middle of the design? doesn't sound like the car will come out this week or this month.

15. pyrates

pyrates

Wow, you got more info from BMW than you would ever from PD.

16. Shirrako

Shirrako

I will be contacting more manufacturers and try to find out more about the Vision GT cars.

17. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

So according to Jordan we can expect something from BMW within the next day or so, according to BMW Facebook, it's not likely to be the VGT. I believe X4 is being unveiled tomorrow?

.. or maybe, we get E30 M3 with GTPlanet Livery, to say thanks to the community :lol:

fortbo likes this.
  18. Madertus

Madertus

Or... or... A purpose-designed GTPlanet ///M Logo! :lol:

Seriously though... I'm not hoping for anything special for tomorrow to be honest. I'm not saying that Jordan would simply tease us without having any information whatsoever, though. Maybe we'll get one car, maybe two (in which case I doubt it's gonna be anything older than BMW's newest lineup, sadly), or maybe a statement with a release date for something... Maybe a damn changelog for the new major update?

I'd like to see the e39 M5 in GT6 some day :3

19. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

The current M5 and M6 were at the launch event in Ronda.. so if we are to get more BMW content that isn't VGT related, I'm guessing it would be one of those.

talkin_2_me likes this.
  20. daus26

daus26

Keep in mind that a Vision "GT" car is defined as a two door sports car from the website, so any 4 door, SUV, Van, or or family car probably means it's not it.

21. Monatsende

Monatsende

I guess I do not really care which one will be the next VGT car. The only things I care about is: WHEN??? Goddammit! :lol:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    SnakeOfBacon and CallmeDan like this.
  22. Shirrako

Shirrako

Audi seems to be far from revealing the VGT, they refused to share any information at the moment, they said there is nothing to share about the concept car project so far.

Who should i contact next?

23. Vic Reign93

Vic Reign93 Premium

It's a coin toss between Nissan and Nike for me.
    * coin toss*
    Nike :sly:

nascarfan1400 likes this.
  24. dacc10

dacc10

I would say to ask the brands that have the more complete design at the moment, they are probably the ones with more informations to share. ;)

25. Amac500

Amac500

In my opinion we are still waiting on the release of the 2nd car, since Mercedes was 1 of 28 on the list and the racing series one to me went hand and hand with the normal one. What I don't get is why the car has no interior, because in the videos the were released there are shots of the interior being created for the model.

26. Amac500

Amac500

No, for Vision Gran Turismo companies were invite to create a Gran Turismo car, which is by definition a 2-door sports car.

I expect Audi to unveil at the Frankfurt show in September, that is where they often unveil new cars and concepts, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's when BMW unveils, I don't know how long the design process takes on these since I know they don't have to be production ready cars.

Try VW next, I think their car might already be done. Every year VW likes to send a concept to the fan meeting in Worthersee, Austria as a thank you. Last May at the meeting they unveiled a mid-engine Golf concept called the "Golf Design Vision GTI" and it looks a lot like the concept images of their VGT car. Would be worth checking out, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if we learn they are releasing their car at the Worthersee show this May.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  27. Mr P510

Mr P510

It's really strange at the moment,seems like PD have shut shop and left the building.
    After their announced update schedule,and now with no communication.

What the hey Kaz!

28. Shirrako

Shirrako

@Vic Reign93
    It's quite difficult to contact Nike, they don't seem to not know much about the car and replied to me telling me about sports gear.

They told me to contact Gran Turismo for all the information.

We won't be getting anything from Polyphony or Sony, that's for sure.

Vic Reign93 likes this.
  29. Kamuifanboy

Kamuifanboy

They've been incredibly quiet haven't they. Not a peep. GT5 has been getting more updates than GT6 as well.

30. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

I'm not crazy about VGT's, but I kind of wish that the next ones are a bit more of use to me. I know that some people probably love that big Mercedes and use it often, but for me the car is useless. Especially because it lacks a cockpit.

Hope to see some VGT's in the 450-500PP range in the future. And also that they have modeled interiors.

nascarfan1400 likes this.