The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
The vgt RS will give you a good shot at gt3 ia championship. Even with its 624 pp they eill beat all the Gt-R's out there.

How's the handling? I felt that the regular car understeered quite often and needed to slow down early because of the weight.

I liked the AMG VGT. And I like the AMG VGT RS, too. It has more power and less weight. Handling in stock condition (seasonal) was quite good. I`m curious how it works with a good tune.

How's the handling? I felt that the regular car understeered quite often and needed to slow down early because of the weight.
From the settings, it has quite a lot of rear downforce and not as much at the front so that'll be a good place to start.

The suspension could be tighter and the transmission could be raised up to get the the most out of the power band which ends roughly around 6K Rpm.

All in all though, it's a good car. I was racing at McClarenDesign's Gran Turismo Tuesdays and we had some very close racing.

From the settings, it has quite a lot of rear downforce and not as much at the front so that'll be a good place to start.

The suspension could be tighter and the transmission could be raised up to get the the most out of the power band which ends roughly around 6K Rpm.

All in all though, it's a good car. I was racing at McClarenDesign's Gran Turismo Tuesdays and we had some very close racing.

Ok. That's good news. Thanks.

This is kinda obvious
amgschwarzbcbec.jpg

tr2n.png

troncycle.jpg

The color I chose.

Last edited:

I didn't have to modify anything. I finish first in silverstone with maybe 5 or 6 seconds to sapre, and because i've slipped out on a few places I finished third at Spa. the slip were because I drive like a crazy B*****d, and sometime I brake wayyy too late. apart from that... the handling is very good.

On a side note, Why didn't they also though of a black with red accents? I love the tron bike hommage, But I feel this car is way advanced in design and could fit for a K.I.T.T. model.

What is the average weight of a GT3 car... 1300Kg is kind of light for a GT3 car wouldn't it?

I contacted BMW and this is what they told me about the Vision GT car.

" unfortunately we cannot give you any details. We're in the middle of the design process and will let you know once there's a date we can announce. Quite exciting, we can't wait to see your feedback on the final ingame model! Best regards, Your BMW Facebook Team"

Middle of the design? doesn't sound like the car will come out this week or this month.

I contacted BMW and this is what they told me about the Vision GT car.

" unfortunately we cannot give you any details. We're in the middle of the design process and will let you know once there's a date we can announce. Quite exciting, we can't wait to see your feedback on the final ingame model! Best regards, Your BMW Facebook Team"

Middle of the design? doesn't sound like the car will come out this week or this month.

Wow, you got more info from BMW than you would ever from PD.

So according to Jordan we can expect something from BMW within the next day or so, according to BMW Facebook, it's not likely to be the VGT. I believe X4 is being unveiled tomorrow?

.. or maybe, we get E30 M3 with GTPlanet Livery, to say thanks to the community :lol:

.. or maybe, we get E30 M3 with GTPlanet Livery, to say thanks to the community :lol:

Or... or... A purpose-designed GTPlanet ///M Logo! :lol:

Seriously though... I'm not hoping for anything special for tomorrow to be honest. I'm not saying that Jordan would simply tease us without having any information whatsoever, though. Maybe we'll get one car, maybe two (in which case I doubt it's gonna be anything older than BMW's newest lineup, sadly), or maybe a statement with a release date for something... Maybe a damn changelog for the new major update?

I'd like to see the e39 M5 in GT6 some day :3

Or... or... A purpose-designed GTPlanet ///M Logo! :lol:

Seriously though... I'm not hoping for anything special for tomorrow to be honest. I'm not saying that Jordan would simply tease us without having any information whatsoever, though. Maybe we'll get one car, maybe two (in which case I doubt it's gonna be anything older than BMW's newest lineup, sadly), or maybe a statement with a release date for something... Maybe a damn changelog for the new major update?

I'd like to see the e39 M5 in GT6 some day :3

The current M5 and M6 were at the launch event in Ronda.. so if we are to get more BMW content that isn't VGT related, I'm guessing it would be one of those.

Keep in mind that a Vision "GT" car is defined as a two door sports car from the website, so any 4 door, SUV, Van, or or family car probably means it's not it.

Audi seems to be far from revealing the VGT, they refused to share any information at the moment, they said there is nothing to share about the concept car project so far.

Who should i contact next?

Audi seems to be far from revealing the VGT, they refused to share any information at the moment, they said there is nothing to share about the concept car project so far.

It's a coin toss between Nissan and Nike for me.
* coin toss*
Nike :sly:

I would say to ask the brands that have the more complete design at the moment, they are probably the ones with more informations to share. ;)

In my opinion we are still waiting on the release of the 2nd car, since Mercedes was 1 of 28 on the list and the racing series one to me went hand and hand with the normal one. What I don't get is why the car has no interior, because in the videos the were released there are shots of the interior being created for the model.

Audi Vision GT car? 3:06

No, for Vision Gran Turismo companies were invite to create a Gran Turismo car, which is by definition a 2-door sports car.

I expect Audi to unveil at the Frankfurt show in September, that is where they often unveil new cars and concepts, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's when BMW unveils, I don't know how long the design process takes on these since I know they don't have to be production ready cars.

Try VW next, I think their car might already be done. Every year VW likes to send a concept to the fan meeting in Worthersee, Austria as a thank you. Last May at the meeting they unveiled a mid-engine Golf concept called the "Golf Design Vision GTI" and it looks a lot like the concept images of their VGT car. Would be worth checking out, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if we learn they are releasing their car at the Worthersee show this May.

Last edited:
It's really strange at the moment,seems like PD have shut shop and left the building.
After their announced update schedule,and now with no communication.

What the hey Kaz!

@Vic Reign93
It's quite difficult to contact Nike, they don't seem to not know much about the car and replied to me telling me about sports gear.

They told me to contact Gran Turismo for all the information.

We won't be getting anything from Polyphony or Sony, that's for sure.

It's really strange at the moment,seems like PD have shut shop and left the building.
After their announced update schedule,and now with no communication.

What the hey Kaz!

They've been incredibly quiet haven't they. Not a peep. GT5 has been getting more updates than GT6 as well.

I'm not crazy about VGT's, but I kind of wish that the next ones are a bit more of use to me. I know that some people probably love that big Mercedes and use it often, but for me the car is useless. Especially because it lacks a cockpit.

Hope to see some VGT's in the 450-500PP range in the future. And also that they have modeled interiors.

Latest Posts

Back