The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

  • Thread starter Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments
  • 284,877 views

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

  • Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

    Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

    Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

    Votes: 98 23.8%

  • Total voters
    412
Early may updates? What is this magic?
 
Early may updates? What is this magic?

It's apparently magic so strong, that PD has said nothing about this whole Peugeot business. Is it because they forgot? Or is it because they believe that Peugeot does a good enough job hyping the car themselves? That's what worries me; PD hasn't posted a single thing about this in GT's website as we speak. But then again, they have so far said nothing about the 9 or so pictures that read "Bertone x Vision GT" which linger around the Internet, so...
 
Well they don't really tease them until they're near release, atleast recently.
 
Well they don't really tease them until they're near release, atleast recently.

But it does seem that Peugeot is the one doing that job; most of the pictures they have been posting recently look like the sort of teasers PD would do for a VGT. Well, we'll know that soon enough, I guess.
 
Volkswagen did the same with the SuperSport.

True, true. Guess when brands have a solid marketing division, it always spares PD from doing that job themselves. Volkswagen even bothered to create an entire website for both of their projects...
 
My guess is that a reveal will happen by friday.
 
I think it is going to be released today because tomorrow here in France it's an official day off. The promo pictures released by Peugeot until so far seem to show the "road" version while the picture showed by @RACECAR shows a "race" version.

Peugeot is the 16th car to be released in the VGT project. This number is shown on the "race" version. Also T16 is used as a spec by Peugeot. Not sure to which it refers because. If it is a non-diesel I assume it will be the T16 engine from Loeb's 208 T16 Pikes Peak.
 
Peugeot-Vision-GT-avant.jpg


I don't know how to feel about the red grille.
 
Peugeot-Vision-GT-avant.jpg


I don't know how to feel about the red grille.

Well, it accentuates the sportiness of the car, if anything. And it isn't the strangest design feature I've seen in a car (cough Alpine brake flaps cough)... I bet other colours of the car (if it has them) might change the colour of the grille.
 
Again, not as Onyx-ey as I thought.
 
Again, not as Onyx-ey as I thought.

Yeah, and the design of the grille is the newer version of the Peugeot grille; it features the "Peugeot" name on the top, and the Lion symbol in the center.
 
Has there been any "hidden" interiors in recently-released VGT cars? (aside from the Alpine)

mazdavgt.png

^or an ingame photo of THAT :p
 
Has there been any "hidden" interiors in recently-released VGT cars? (aside from the Alpine)

View attachment 356909
^or an ingame photo of THAT :p

No, not that I remember at least. The closest we got was the Mini during its trailer, but that isn't its interior; it's the interior of Mini's Dakar car...
 
Why dont they call it the Peugeot ROAR?

Because that would be kind of silly. :lol: I'd call it the Peugot Onze (French for eleven, which makes sense considering the 1-to-1 power-to-weight ratio of the car)...
 
Apologies for the double post, but our latest VGT entry has been unveiled:

i1XTDgxZKRPXPC.jpg


i1Nf5GSKd7bg6.jpg


Please welcome the Peugeot VGT (it doesn't have an actual name); a 4WD, 875 hp supercar. That also weighs 875 kg. No, I am not kidding...


​

More info about the car here (thanks to @DarthMosco): http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_5283440.html


OMG, a new Vehicle :lol:

Looks amazing, not quite Onyx as many people were saying (I think it actually looks better) but still great.

Also:

Interesting that I see this because I just came across what is supposedly a leaked pic from the game:

1424877317-android-image-02-25-2015-jpg.353012

Turns out it indeed was:

i1c8gAPyh8zg6.jpg
 
Or Peugeot 121
For 1-to-1 ratio

Or Peugeot Un Deux Un
Which is getting even sillier

To push it even further: Peugeot UDU

:lol:
 
Or Peugeot 121
For 1-to-1 ratio

Or Peugeot Un Deux Un
Which is getting even sillier

To push it even further: Peugeot UDU

:lol:

Ahaha, that last one is terrible. Thank godness you don't work for Peugeot's marketing area. :lol:

I still abide to my Onze namesake, thank you. :p
 
Back