The Wagons Only Thread [Please See First Post!]

• Thread starter E RaK
  • 1,462 comments
United States
N. Reading, MA
esr686
After seeing a post in the Sexy and Mean Car Pic Thread suggesting a thread solely for wagons, I decided to make it a reality!

- Here is place to discuss and marvel at the beautiful functionality of wagons, sporty or not!
- Keep discussion on the topic of wagons or other closely related automobiles (shooting brakes and hatches are good, for example).
- Make sure to include plenty of pictures and links with your post.
- Have a bit of fun with it!

I'll kick off the first post with a few pictures and a little bit of shameless self promotion :dopey:

My E46 xi sport wagon.

4 by 686erak, on Flickr

2013-Audi-RS4-Avant-4.jpg

audi-rs4-nurburgring.jpg

20071009075010257.jpg

^^I wish we got these in the states

Enjoy guys!

Last edited:
'Le Ford Country Squire

7.5L V8.

4041839742_0bdeb04b87.jpg

38938804001_large.jpg

DSC04348_1.jpg

Warning: Language

/thread

Last edited:
I can add to this I guess. Im gonna take some actual DSLR photos on Sunday, no more of my poopy Iphone pictures

Murcie_LP640 thanks for that, I was trying to get pictures off google of the GTR/Stagea's but it was working against me. I also really like the original faxed Stagea's as well.

BMW_M5touring_01.jpg

RWD, V10 powered wagon goodness. :drool:
Everything on this thread has been awesome. Keep 'em coming.

cadillac-fleetwood-wagon-05.jpg

A custom made one if you wanted a luxury wagon back in the day.

Bel Air wagon at a local car show I go to on Fridays. Also a Malibu wagon next to it.

65cb7f7864fc12326fe2c4608e1cf3f2_zps64e7a042.jpg

That doesn't sit we'll with me. For a wagon, it looks weird that the front end is longer then the rest of the car.

I agree. But it is an extremely rare model Mustang, let alone the Shelby Hertz GT350 variants.

Finally we have a wagon thread! Suggested it in the Sexy & mean car pic thread... :sly: Best body style of them all! (IMO)

Got a Toyota Crown, but...I wish it was this awesome wagon.
1972_Toyota_Crown_Station_Wagon_For_Sale_Rear_resize.jpg

And I thank you for that. Wagons need to be appreciated more. 👍 Enough with the crossovers, we need more wagons in the United States!!! :grumpy:

That is a shame that they never made an E46 touring, bet it would have been awesome.

Absolutely! There is nothing a crossover can do that an equivalent wagon could not... besides off roading, but really, what normal car buyer does that?

EDIT: Seems mods deleted my for sale link, is posting it against AUP?

I think I'm pretty much the only car enthusiast that doesn't really care about wagons. To me, wagons are just a stretched, dorkier version of a sedan, and an SUV just looks so much better. Wagons are just as much a mommy mobile as a minivan, minus of course an STI wagon or something; I've never seen a woman drive an STI. Then there's those raised active lifestyle wagons with body cladding or two tone color schemes; Allroads, Outbacks, XC70s, I hate those. They're all so nerdy, you almost wonder if the person driving it is someone you cheated off of in school. That said, other than that M3 one-off a couple posts up, I wouldn't hesitate to take an E34 wagon in silver.

dsc1346lf1.jpg

I don't know why I like it, as it's a stretched, dorkier version of a sedan that was a little dorky looking to begin with. Dorky, but elegant, and that's what I particularly like about E34s. It's a simplistic design, but everything seems so carefully thought out, and it still looks pretty decent two decades later, especially in silver. I have never seen a car that has looked so much better in one particular color.

Back