The Wagons Only Thread [Please See First Post!]

  • Thread starter Thread starter E RaK
  • 1,562 comments
  • 239,465 views
Messages
268
United States
N. Reading, MA
Messages
esr686
After seeing a post in the Sexy and Mean Car Pic Thread suggesting a thread solely for wagons, I decided to make it a reality!

- Here is place to discuss and marvel at the beautiful functionality of wagons, sporty or not!
- Keep discussion on the topic of wagons or other closely related automobiles (shooting brakes and hatches are good, for example).
- Make sure to include plenty of pictures and links with your post.
- Have a bit of fun with it!

I'll kick off the first post with a few pictures and a little bit of shameless self promotion :dopey:

My E46 xi sport wagon.


4 by 686erak, on Flickr

2013-Audi-RS4-Avant-4.jpg


audi-rs4-nurburgring.jpg


20071009075010257.jpg


^^I wish we got these in the states

Enjoy guys!
 
Last edited:
'Le Ford Country Squire

7.5L V8.

4041839742_0bdeb04b87.jpg

38938804001_large.jpg

DSC04348_1.jpg


Warning: Language


/thread
 
Last edited:
I can add to this I guess. Im gonna take some actual DSLR photos on Sunday, no more of my poopy Iphone pictures
 
Here's a good friend of mine's Corona wagon.
538775_443814575670097_1897059380_n.jpg


He also has this RT4WD Civic Wagovan.
18425_10151690748052576_767219795_n.jpg
 
Murcie_LP640 thanks for that, I was trying to get pictures off google of the GTR/Stagea's but it was working against me. I also really like the original faxed Stagea's as well.
 
BMW_M5touring_01.jpg


RWD, V10 powered wagon goodness. :drool:
Everything on this thread has been awesome. Keep 'em coming.

cadillac-fleetwood-wagon-05.jpg


A custom made one if you wanted a luxury wagon back in the day.
 
Some more redblock power, OEM style.

DSC00184a.jpg


940_141012_1.jpg
 
Bel Air wagon at a local car show I go to on Fridays. Also a Malibu wagon next to it.

65cb7f7864fc12326fe2c4608e1cf3f2_zps64e7a042.jpg
 
ku-xlarge.jpg


I so very badly want one of these. :drool:
 
That doesn't sit we'll with me. For a wagon, it looks weird that the front end is longer then the rest of the car.
 
I agree. But it is an extremely rare model Mustang, let alone the Shelby Hertz GT350 variants.
 




:sly:
 
61408cb52c9fc70521ff99818ede45b0_zps151f038a.jpg


First woody of the thread?

830b1859eed74e21a2467e83efd9174a_zps4506e0d7.jpg
 
familyvacationwoodie1.jpg


Just balancing the thread from its beautiful cars.
 


Finally we have a wagon thread! Suggested it in the Sexy & mean car pic thread... :sly: Best body style of them all! (IMO)

Got a Toyota Crown, but...I wish it was this awesome wagon.
1972_Toyota_Crown_Station_Wagon_For_Sale_Rear_resize.jpg
 
Made it just for you ;)

The infamous E46 M3 Touring one-off concept
*snip*

And I thank you for that. Wagons need to be appreciated more. 👍 Enough with the crossovers, we need more wagons in the United States!!! :grumpy:

That is a shame that they never made an E46 touring, bet it would have been awesome.

How about some IS300 SportCross love? :D
iswagon8.jpg

iswagon7.jpg

iswagon3.jpg

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/01/is_wagon/
 
And I thank you for that. Wagons need to be appreciated more. 👍 Enough with the crossovers, we need more wagons in the United States!!! :grumpy:

That is a shame that they never made an E46 touring, bet it would have been awesome.

Absolutely! There is nothing a crossover can do that an equivalent wagon could not... besides off roading, but really, what normal car buyer does that?

EDIT: Seems mods deleted my for sale link, is posting it against AUP?
 
I think I'm pretty much the only car enthusiast that doesn't really care about wagons. To me, wagons are just a stretched, dorkier version of a sedan, and an SUV just looks so much better. Wagons are just as much a mommy mobile as a minivan, minus of course an STI wagon or something; I've never seen a woman drive an STI. Then there's those raised active lifestyle wagons with body cladding or two tone color schemes; Allroads, Outbacks, XC70s, I hate those. They're all so nerdy, you almost wonder if the person driving it is someone you cheated off of in school. That said, other than that M3 one-off a couple posts up, I wouldn't hesitate to take an E34 wagon in silver.

dsc1346lf1.jpg


I don't know why I like it, as it's a stretched, dorkier version of a sedan that was a little dorky looking to begin with. Dorky, but elegant, and that's what I particularly like about E34s. It's a simplistic design, but everything seems so carefully thought out, and it still looks pretty decent two decades later, especially in silver. I have never seen a car that has looked so much better in one particular color.
 
Back