The World I See: France, Animals, Cars & Snapshots (Le Mans 2015 Update)

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • 103 comments

Mr. S

Nikon Fanboy
Premium
France
Paris
Thought about sharing my gallery - nothing too fancy but well, it's the world I see. Topics tend to change quite often...so yeah, it's a bit of everyting. I used to post them to the Infield only but sharing them with more people isn't feeling awkward anymore, I think.

All of them are also available on my flickr site.:)

Cameras
Nikon D40 [retired]
Nikon D5100 [retired]
Nikon D600

Lenses
Tamron SP 24-70mm 2.8
Nikon Nikkor 50mm 1.8
Sigma EX 70-200mm 2.8

Nikon Nikkor 35mm 1.8 [retired]
Nikon Nikkor 18-55mm [retired]
Nikon Nikkor 18-105mm [retired]
Nikkor 55-200mm [retired]
Tamron 18-200mm [retired]

Flash
Nikon SB-600

Filter
Cokin Z-Pro Series 121F Grey G2 ND8 Full Graduated
Cokin Z-Pro Series 154Z Grey ND8 Full

Photos

Eiffel Tower - Bastille Day 2011
on Flickr

Bastille Day 2011 / 14 Juillet 2011 - Versailles
on Flickr

on Flickr

on Flickr

Shooting with a friend of mine
on Flickr

Fete de la Musique 2011 - Avenue de Sceaux - Versailles - France
on Flickr

Fete de la Musique 2011 - Le Pas du Roy - Versailles - France
on Flickr

Kitty
on Flickr

Cathédrale Saint-Louis de Versailles
on Flickr

Cathédrale Saint-Louis de Versailles
on Flickr

D-Day Normandy - American War Cemetery - Colleville-sur-Mer
on Flickr (I shed a lot of tears whilst being there...)

Château de Versailles - Garden at sundown
on Flickr

Château de Versailles - Garden at sundown
on Flickr

Versailles - Rue de l'Orangerie
on Flickr

18yrs and above - EUROPE, **** YEAH! :P
on Flickr

Stairway to heaven
on Flickr

Preparing the menu
on Flickr

Last edited:
It is about time you made a thread here. Just sayin'

And those firework shots are fantastic.

Good to see them on their own all in one place, they're really good mate. I agree the firework shots are spot on and the stairwell stands out for me too.

Another one taken a few days ago - I haven't had the best spot but well...with around 900.000 people in between Trocadero, Eiffel Tower and the Ecole Militaire...haven't had a choice. I like the movement of the people, tho.

I actually really like that, it has a more moody feel to it than just a standard photo. Ialso love the 'Stairway to Heaven' shot, it's very well composed.

Great to see you have a thread here, hope your panning is coming along nicely. :)

Some epic shots here, as Mog said the most recent shot is actually really cool. The movement of people just helps to give it a more atmospheric look, was it handheld or tripod? I can't tell.

Great work. 👍

Thanks guys - it wasn't handheld but people kept running around in front of my tripod. I was really angry when I was there, actually...yet, everything went better than expected.

I guess finding a really good spot in between 900.000 people wasn't as easy as I thought. :)

Went to a leaving do today. Most stuff is private but two shots might be worth the post.

Last edited:

Ludicrous speed on Flickr

I have to admit, I was bored quite a bit this morning since my colleague was a bit late to pick me up.

I wanted to blur everything but the direction - it didn't work out completely but I'm still satisfied. It might've been easier with autofocus but well, I wanted to go full manual for this one.

--------------------------------

Jardins de Versailles - Gardens of Versailles

Flowers - Gardens of Versailles on Flickr

Last edited:
Dude nice pictures!!! :) I envy you very much :lol:
Troll+Face+Emoticon1.png

I. MUST. GET. A. NEW. CAMERA.

I'm so angry. I have this Canon piece of crap that can't take any photos.

I want a GoPro, and a legitimate DSLR not some stupid low end digital camera. The problem is, why the hell are cameras so damn expensive. FFFFFFFUUU...

I. MUST. GET. A. NEW. CAMERA.

I'm so angry. I have this Canon piece of crap that can't take any photos.

I want a GoPro, and a legitimate DSLR not some stupid low end digital camera. The problem is, why the hell are cameras so damn expensive. FFFFFFFUUU...

Well, a D5100 is around 600-800€ (bought it on release day, so really don't know the current street price) over here. Can't be that much more in Canada, I guess? However, yes, that's still pretty expensive if you're not using it every week. :/

Some great photos in this thread 👍
I like these last 2 and the colourful details of the flowers.... and the booze :D

Not exactly related to Paris but the sun was shining just yesterday. The skate park...well, it's been shot a few weeks ago. Also picked up my new cat (making it a pack of 2) a few days ago. :)

Spring 2012 on Flickr

Spring 2012 on Flickr

Sk8e on Flickr

Katze #2 on Flickr​

Y'know Mr.S, I don't think you get enough credit for some of these photos you've taken. I thoroughly enjoy looking at every new installment, despite not posting. Keep up the good work. 👍

Thanks mate. 👍

So, Carlos - there you go. All of them were shot using my old camera, some years ago (the date on flickr isn't entirely correct). :)

Amazing shots! Thanks for sharing! Show me more of those :D

Back